Thread: Totem of Wrath

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Totem of Wrath

ofc it does matter, but im afraid it just doesnt scale while improving gear, what i mean is, no matter what level of raiding, it will be still same flat value, on other hand, %based buffs, like CoE, UR and similar are improving with better gear, providing better boost on higher levels of raiding.
    tho if ToW stays the best one in its category, i wont complain

Well agreed, % based buffs scale up while flat based ones don't but as a shaman you should be used to it... except from mana tide totem i don't remember another totem that is percentage based

yea, but i was soo excited 2 weeks ago, when they announced ToW as 6% spelldmg increase, it was looking so freaking good... 2 bad they gave it away

Well, there's no doubt it's going to be beneficial at the start of WotLK. It'll be just the same as WoA. However, as LK progresses, that 160 flat spell damage won't mean anything. Most classes will probably have upwards of 2.5 to 3k spell power. Thus that 160 won't mean anything.

However, if they did it as a percentage. Say grats 10% spell power, and then up to 16% at level 80, then it would be where it should be.

even with 2.5k spellpower it will be usefull, though i don't think you'll have that much, while doing raid progress nowadays people use foods oils, scrolls on some cases elixirs/flasks, they're all pretty weak bonouses but still they're worth it. and 160 spell damage even towards the late end of WotLK will be worth it, it's a buff no matter how small, it's always good.

yea, the thing is, on 2500 SP levels, demonic pact would provide 250 SP, when ToW "just" 160, but since ToW is far more stable, id go for it anyday (what a surprise, since im eleshammy? )

but that's my point, 10% buff that makes sense and would progress with LK, whereas 160 at the beginning of LK will be decent but not great. then decent to mediocre, then mediocre to just crap.

yea, medicore, but still the most reliable and second best in its buff category, when first is demonology 50point talent and highly unreliable, so prolly most wanted buff

still, improving it with enha tier1 talent for totems would help greatly

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    wtf? i pointed out, that 160 flat dmg is more than 10% of SP in 1500 SP levels, i guess you should read properly before blaming anyone, also if it would be improvable by same talent as flametongue is, it would be flat 208 dmg, which would be probably worth it until next exp.

i didnt mean to quote you :P

should have been pretty obvious that my response really had nothing to do with what you said it was directed at a previous poster

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC

i didnt mean to quote you :P

should have been pretty obvious that my response really had nothing to do with what you said it was directed at a previous poster
    sorry then i thought u read just the beggining and then already quoted, like other ppl do, guess i was wrong this time sorry once again

They're going to be balancing buffs a little bit more, and then, of course, you must consider all other things as well. If I'm raiding in WotLK, I'm not going to be looking for a shitty ass Warlock who can spec Demonology but not move when there's a fire underneath him, or not sustain the optimum amount of personal DPS expected from his spec. If I can't get his Demonic Pact, so be it. I'll take the Elemental Shaman, whose buff is 208 instead of 250 (A very small difference, mind you, considering personal-only profession enchants versus normal enchants), and have the Elemental Shaman outperform the other raider.

a.) I'm sure they will even things out... and...
    b.) I don't want this game to be completely homogenized because a bunch of less than average people / gamers aren't satisfied with what they've got. Come Wrath of the Lich King, we're still the ONLY class with Bloodlust / Heroism. Keep that type of thing in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen88
    we're still the ONLY class with Bloodlust / Heroism.
    which was basically changed to 5min CD for raid, meaning u dont need or want more than 2 shamans in raid for bloodlust

Deleted

which was basically changed to 5min CD for raid, meaning u dont need or want more than 2 shamans in raid for bloodlust
    Unfortunately yes. And atleast from my experience people seem to think enh shamans do more dps than ele shamans, and they are more likely to use strength of the earth/windfury totems etc (rogues and tanks always whine about those) ele shamans will likely be seen as second-class citizens. This is just from my experience however, and I do hope people will see ele shamans as a useful source in Wotlk raids.

well, heres the thing:
    as 43/28 ele, which right now is best dps build and has all raidbuffs, i can have both improved SoE and WF totems, on top of ToW and EO, bringing all but UR to raid, which, afaik is provided by DKs?
    there alot of possibilities, but that certainly one of them

Something quite good, imo.

okay, while we are at it, change blessings, so noone can have more than 2 on him, so 3rd paladin wouldnt be brought for blessing but for other abilites, lets make those hybrids with 3 trees for different things that way, so noone will want 3rd tree...

shouldnt every class have opportunity to bring 3 of them to the raid for something usefull? paladins bring blessings, druids on top of buffs innervate/BR, etc. but there is no 3rd totem set and with that no 3rd bloodlust, doesnt sound completely fair imo :/

so, after adding new flametongue totem ranks, can anyone from beta forward them fact, that
    FT totem = 144 dmg + 15% from talent, making it 165dmg totem, whereas max rank ToW is 160dmg and 3crit debuff, meaning, that ALL the 41pointer brings over the base skill is 3% crit, when also dropping 5dmg? thats insanely stupid.

maybe making ToW 200 base or simpy 8-10% spelldamage?

This totem is now a joke as a 41 point talent... normal

Deleted

so, after adding new flametongue totem ranks, can anyone from beta forward them fact, that
    FT totem = 144 dmg + 15% from talent, making it 165dmg totem, whereas max rank ToW is 160dmg and 3crit debuff, meaning, that ALL the 41pointer brings over the base skill is 3% crit, when also dropping 5dmg? thats insanely stupid.
    Hmm, nice :O It's perhaps not intended to be so weak ??? If, and that is a huge if, they don't fix this somehow then there's really no point in taking ToW and as such ele shaman's 41-pointer will be totally worthless.

maybe making ToW 200 base or simpy 8-10% spelldamage?
    yeah but totem of wrath affects the whole raid and the total spell power becomes casters X 160 . also the flametongue totem can attack wrong mobs and sometimes you get aggro just because of that so its a little risky to use it.
    but as we can say that this totem replaced wrath of air which only gave +101 spell power, 160 spell power + %3 crit is very nice.