Thread: Totem of Wrath

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Totem of Wrath

Quote Originally Posted by ForceMaster
    yeah but totem of wrath affects the whole raid and the total spell power becomes casters X 160 .
    Flametongue is also raid-wide totem. All the shaman's totems affect the whole raid. So, flametongue is still better.

also the flametongue totem can attack wrong mobs and sometimes you get aggro just because of that so its a little risky to use it.
    Errrr..... flametongue totem can't attack anything You're mixing it with some of the other totems that can

Flametongue Totem = Weapon Enchant (165 spell power)
    Totem of Wrath = Static buff (160 spell power & 3% crit)

Resto + Elemental shaman = Flametongue + Totem of Wrath = 325 spell power & 3% crit

And if there isent a resto shaman in the party/raid ahh well, we still have the Flametongue weapon we can use on our self and still gain the benefits from ToW.

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    Flametongue is also raid-wide totem. All the shaman's totems affect the whole raid. So, flametongue is still better.

Errrr..... flametongue totem can't attack anything You're mixing it with some of the other totems that can
    im so sorry i mixed it with searing totem youre right then.
    but isnt flametongue totem enchanting people's weapons temporarily?
    for example does flametongue effect and wizard oil stack?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by GayGirlie
    Unfortunately yes. And atleast from my experience people seem to think enh shamans do more dps than ele shamans, and they are more likely to use strength of the earth/windfury totems etc (rogues and tanks always whine about those) ele shamans will likely be seen as second-class citizens. This is just from my experience however, and I do hope people will see ele shamans as a useful source in Wotlk raids.
    It isn't that Enhancement shaman do better PERSONAL dps, it's that they better buff the group. The amount of damage I add to my melee group in Hyjal/BT is tremendous. Now, I love being elemental, and will continue to raid as ele in the expansion, but, I realize that Ele has the better dps, with much less group buffing potential. That's the way it has been, and probobly the way it will continue to be. We're not second rate in dps compared to ENH, but we are second rate in group buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA

Resto + Elemental shaman = Flametongue + Totem of Wrath = 325 spell power & 3% crit

And if there isent a resto shaman in the party/raid ahh well, we still have the Flametongue weapon we can use on our self and still gain the benefits from ToW.
    im sorry im having trouble finding the flame tounge totem that gives a weapon buff with + 165 spell power. currently i have only found that rank 5 throug 8 are trainable at level 67 (¿¿) and that rank 8 only increases spell power by 144.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by ForceMaster
    im so sorry i mixed it with searing totem youre right then.
    but isnt flametongue totem enchanting people's weapons temporarily?
    for example does flametongue effect and wizard oil stack?
    Yes, they do stack. It's no longer a weapon enchant, it's a buff similar as all other buffs. The same applies to windfury totem and similar.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by MMA

Incorrect. It's ele shaman talents that increase the efficiency of flametongue totem. As such, when resto shaman throws it down it doesn't give 165 spellpower.

ahh yes thats true.. so substract the % the elemental talent adds and you have the correct figures. Point is still the same tho, the 2 totems stack. And if it should turn out differently in the release ToW will be close to useless.

ofcourse the % is a typo...

The tooltip from the buff you get in the beta says spellpower.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by scett
    im sorry im having trouble finding the flame tounge totem that gives a weapon buff with + 165 spell power. currently i have only found that rank 5 throug 8 are trainable at level 67 (¿¿) and that rank 8 only increases spell power by 144.
    talent? which will unfortunately be bread and butter for enhashamans, which do not have any other fire totem anyway, meh?

if it stays, than our 41pointer is one of the worst talents ingame, including old craps, like old shield talent in tier 1 enha or OLDDDDDDD 31pt survival hunter dot from pre1,6 or so

it doesnt scale with gears, thats why its not a good talent.

if it would be like 250 SP i wouldnt carw about scalling, but the worse part of the totem is, that one aspect is weaker than our BASIC totem, which doesnt stack with it

okay, i just got an idea for new ToW, my main point of it is to actually have something what not other shaman specc can offer and it would be out of all present buffs. odnt worry, i wont leave it as singlebuff in its category, for balance sake

main problems:
    ToW is weak vs flametongue totem
    ToW is buffing and debuffing totem at once
    ToW first effect is in already overcrowded buff category (namely SP bonuses)
    ToW is not scalling with better gear

Earthshatter Totem (ES totem in text later)
    Cost: 6% of Base Mana
    Cast time: instant
    Cooldown: 0s
    Global Cooldown: 1s
    Duration: 2 minutes
    school: Physical
    tools: Earth Totem

Summons an Earthshatter totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster. The totem increases the critical strike damage bonus by spells and effects by 5% for all party and raid members within 40 yards. Lasts 2 min. While under the effect of Earthshatter totem, every offensive spell of the shaman, who summoned totem, places debuff on target, increasing the critical strike chance of spells and effects by 3%, effect lasts 25 seconds.

okay, so what have we got here?
    ES is now casterdmg totem, which none of the other shaman can offer, also is in earth school of totems, meaning shaman can use FT totem and ES totem both, if needed
    ES is no longer debuffing totem, now shaman himself is the debuffer.
    ES is now scalling with better gear
    ES bugg and debuff category: one remains same, shared with retri paladin, second one is now completely unique, well, thats not a good thing... so, what will we do? which other caster specs do not provide much buffs to the raid?

rogue? nope.
    hunter? nope.
    hybrid meleers? enha? nope, it would be against eleshaman purpose of not sharing that buff with other shaman.
    retri pala? nope, it would maybe fit, however we already share second part of it with them, making it not so good
    feral druid? nope, it doesnt fit him when he is not using mana at all
    dps warrior? same reason
    DK? they already got enough of enhashaman stuff, they dont need more

moonkin? they already got more than enough raid of raid support
    warlocks? they got enough in form of differenet curses, demonic pact and pet buffs
    SP? even tho i like them, they will be manabatteries and will provide healing and +hit
    mages? fire provides 10% crit, frost will be manabattery

so, that leaves us arcane mages. slow is useless in most bossfights and focus magic is second grade buff, witch charges and insane manacost. so they could definately use some sort of raid buff.

very well then:

new Arcane talent: Netherwind Oath
    tier 7 (next to Arcane Power) 2/2
    Description:

Your offensive arcane spell criticals have 100% chance to increase all party and raid spell critical strike damage bonus by 3/5%. lasts 30 seconds.

so, what did we got here? eleshaman got usefull buff, whcih isnt shared with other shamans, finally covered earth school, and buff isnt unique, since another caster spec with pretty much nothing for raid got that raid buff also. also it follows similar pattern moonkin aura > elemental oath, ToW > Netherwind oath, both statics vs procs, with same power

pros? everything above, also shaman can use firedmg totems without loosing 41pointer
    cons? for 41 pointer shouldnt be any, however when needed, have to be switched with other totems - tremor, earthbind. thats significant con, especially for pvp. tradeoff

summarize: eleshaman will share buffs with 3 specs - moonkin, retripaladin and arcane mage. 3 semiunique buffs is, what should this specc provide, instead of 3 buffs, which were shared with arcane mage, retri pala, moonkin, disci priest, demolock, enhashaman and restoshaman (7 specs), also fixes whole 41pointer pve issue, since ToW is now pretty weak totem, even for pve. it isnt completely unique buff, it is not overpowered and it is something we already had in another talent, planned for us (old elemental oath)

also, numbers can be tweaked, but 5% seemend like pretty much okay, maybe 6 would be okay, too, however i have no idea for how much will be ppl critting for, so ill stick with 5%

feedback, thoughts welcomed