Pain and Suffering Nerf (SW: Death)

For once, I thought Shadow Word: Death was going to be a lot more viable at 60% damage reduction. It just got nerfed into the ground by 50%. It now reduces damage by 30%. Is Blizzard really trying to kill Shadow Priests all together? I really do not get what Blizzard is trying to do.

I am happy about a few Glyphs that will make Discipline even more powerful.
    PW: Shield: 20% of the amount absorbed heals the player
    Dispel: Each dispel heals the target for 6% of maximum health.

Back to the topic: I am happy that we have 'some' reduction to SW: Death. I still think that 60% is more viable unless Blizzard has more in store (spell wise for us).

What do you Priests think?

Re: Pain and Suffering Nerf (SW: Death)

Those glyphs are old, and grace was just nerfed to hell and back. To top it off that new talent they hyped up is a piece of shit.

At least borrowed time sucks less though

Oh, one more thing I am happy about:

3 talent points for Shadow Weaving now. At least they made our talents not as bloated, still worthless, but not as bloated (PvE wise worthless I mean).

Quote Originally Posted by Merin
    Those glyphs are old, and grace was just nerfed to hell and back. To top it off that new talent they hyped up is a piece of shit.

At least borrowed time sucks less though
    I can understand what they were trying to do with Renewed Hope, however it should have more effects than just 6% critical chance increase. That is really pathetic. They also gave enlightenment 5% spell haste now instead of 5% spell power, another nerf (this was probably done because PW: Shield is so overpowered at the moment). Discipline still is looking better than Shadow, but both still need a lot of work.

Disc looks pretty iffy all around, I still think Shadow looks fairly boss for PvP.

And the haste change is fine, IMO. Notice that they put spell power on focused power. With certain changes, and losing grace, it wouldnt be overly excessive.

renewed hope should've been 7/15% crit, IMO. Perhaps with a potent aux effect like 15% healing as well.

Grace is just fully skippable for PvP now. 3 points for -3% dmg ? fuck that.

Rogues also now get to rape us sideways with an insta 50% healing debuff.

Man, I really want to go back to my Druid, but god the community for Resto sucks so much shit now. Full of rerolled idiots and loudmouths. Perpetually amused how the druid pop on my server went from 4% pre BC to 12% during S2.

What I wish we could change about the Discipline tree:

Renewed Hope (new): Instead of the 6% increased crit chance.
    Renewed Hope (new): 30% chance on flash heal, greater heal, penance to remove PW: Shield Weakened Soul debuff.

Divine Aegis: Crit heals create a protective shield on the target absorbing 30% of the amount healed.
    Divine Aegis (new): 30% chance on flash heal, greater heal, penance to create a protective shield on the target absorbing 30% of the amount healed. This effect cannot happen more than once every 6 - 8 seconds.

Grace: 100% chance to give the target 1% damage reduction (stacks 3x)
    Grace (new): 100% chance on flash heal, greater heal, penance to restore rage, energy, mana, or health (if mana is lower than health it will restore mana) by 30% of the amount healed. This effect cannot happen more than once every 6-8 seconds.

I think my Grace could use a little work, but I really really like the other abilities.
    What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Telitzp
    Oh, one more thing I am happy about:

3 talent points for Shadow Weaving now. At least they made our talents not as bloated, still worthless, but not as bloated (PvE wise worthless I mean).

Hahaha oh wow, they didnt even unnerf Shadow Weaving despite the fucking destruction they reaped on Warlock/Spriest synergy. I genuinely pity any PvE Shadow Priests.

Renewed Hope (new): 30% chance on flash heal, greater heal, penance to remove PW: Shield Weakened Soul debuff.

Divine Aegis: Crit heals create a protective shield on the target absorbing 30% of the amount healed.
    Divine Aegis (new): 30% chance on flash heal, greater heal, penance to create a protective shield on the target absorbing 30% of the amount healed. This effect cannot happen more than once every 6 - 8 seconds.

Grace (new): 100% chance on flash heal, greater heal, penance to restore rage, energy, mana, or health (if mana is lower than health it will restore mana) by 30% of the amount healed. This effect cannot happen more than once every 6-8 seconds.

I think my Grace could use a little work, but I really really like the other abilities.
    What do you guys think?
    Grace change would be wildly overpowered, but the first one is a great concept, and I approve of removing a potent talent from critical strike chance that we dont fucking have. The only time that fucker is going to mildly approach a semi-reliable proc is on a single pennance tick.

Just noticed another change.
    Reflective shield is no longer 50% damage, but 45% damage.

HOWEVER, it is only 3 talent points instead of 5. Sexy

Edit:

Another change
    Mental strength, instead of increases maximum mana by 10%, it increases intellect by 15%.

Nice.

Another change
    Mental strength, instead of increases maximum mana by 10%, it increases intellect by 15%.

Nice.
    THAT'S BAD, NOT GOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by Danog
    THAT'S BAD, NOT GOOD!
    Sorry meant for sarcasm. You should explain why it's bad, wait I will.

It will not stack with Arcane Intellect. GG waste of 5 talent points, and we are FORCED to get it for PI.

15+ Year Old Account

What do you guys think?
    Renewed hope: no, that would be worse since it basicly doesn't do anything. Then 6% crit is better.

DA: slightly better, but since we are supposed to go with crits I doubt it would happen.

Grace: won't happen - since all regen is changed to that 0.5% of mana thing.

On Mental strength, 15% more int would mean more crit chance together with more mana, but yes it might be abit low.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

and the next step to destry the shadow priests. I don't think I'll spent not even 1 single point in misery, because it's just bullshit. No really, it's not worth talking about. Then the legendary Spriest Wl synergy just going down in one single journey. In addition the nerv of one of the best new talents overall. The 60% reduction gave us the chance to use this spelll overall in PVE. Now it's similary if they woul't have changed anything.

The 3 ranks on Shadowweave are also bullshit. The 2 additional talentpoints are 100% useless. What do you want to do with them ? You won't be able to increase your dps significantly with it.

Conclusion: The worst Build ever for priest, 100% non.-sense in it. A damage support and talent nerf bringing us back to the TBC standings. if this goes on like this, bye WoW at the release of the Patch. Blizz said few weaks before "Thank you for your feedback, Shadow Priests. We've got further review and adjustments coming your way. :-) "

The reviews they made are not improving thinks, but making thinks worse. I really don't like this new direction of the developpers. At least, I can't blame anyone saying, that Blizzard is actually destroying the game by destrying the logical system of the classes.

This time my last word is simply WTF ??!

If I were going to make Disc talent tweaks, I would go down the lines of stuff like this:

Renewed Hope: Your Penance spell refreshes the duration of your renew spell on the target, and your renew spell has a 15/30% chance per tick to reset the cooldown of Penance

Aspiration: Old effect, and in addition, fully removes the (4 sec) cooldown of PW:S

Grace: 50/100% chance to stack up to 1/2/3% damage reduction and a 15/30% chance on heals to apply a barrier for 30% of their potency, stacking up to two times.

Divine Aegis: Your PW:S grants all it's remaining effect as a heal if dispelled and when Graceful Barrier (shield from grace) is destroyed or removed in any way it grants 2% mana, 10 rage, 10 energy or 10 runic power.

Reflective Shield: Also benefits Graceful Barrier

Borrowed Time: Your PW:S spell gains an additional 40% of your spell power and your Penance spell has a 20% chance per tick to remove the weakened soul effect

I'd really like to see some new style injected in, and them to follow up on that promise of making it pve viable, but i just dont see it happening.

Did the beta finish yet?...no so stop complaining till it is.

Eloro, you made it just in time. ;D
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

It seems like everybody either purposely missed the buff Inner Fire was given, for shadow priests, or they just didn't read everything. It's no longer healing power, but spell power in general. Very awesome buff for us.

How can you describe something as being nerfed when the game is in the play testing phase? Perhaps the number they came up with originally had a greater effect than intended?

I'd just like to post some constructive criticism of the changes so far but i'm well aware the game is still no where near complete and things are going to continue to change.

My main problem at the moment is with the changes relating to raid stacking and the buff/debuffs etc. Shadowweaving will only affect ourselves, Misery has been changed from 5% damage to 3% hit & VT no longer restores mana based on damage but returns 0.5% of the max mana to up to 10 raid members while you are dealing shadow damage.

Misery - It's hard to guage if 5% damage is equal, greater than or less than 3% hit. I guess a lot will depend on how easy it is to get hit capped in WotLK or whether the itemisation will be done in a way that if you gear to being hit capped you miss out on a lot of dps stats. So not too sure what to think about this change.

Shadowweaving - They will have to increase the debuff cap if they want this ability to affect the spriest only. How do you justify a spriest taking up a debuff slot that doesn't affect anyone else? Not to mention that spriests already have a decent quota of debuffs they apply to a target.

VT - This change worries me a little... the rate of mana return no longer scales with the spriest's gear or dps. Instead any spriest can enter a raid and apply the same utility, ie. a poor spriest will return the same amount of mana (assuming the same VT uptime) as a good spriest. As such the only thing that will distinguish spriests is their DPS. In addition when planning what raid structure you'd like to take to an instance there will be 0 distinction between the classes that have mana return utility... so basically people will take whoever can output the most dps... and so far spriests are contesting with Mages, Hunters & Pallys. 2 of these classes are pure dps classes and we can't expect to output the same dps as a pure dps class.

So i'm waiting eagerly to see what Blizzard have in mind about the spriest, it's obviously a bit of a mess atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistra2
    It seems like everybody either purposely missed the buff Inner Fire was given, for shadow priests, or they just didn't read everything. It's no longer healing power, but spell power in general. Very awesome buff for us.
    I'm still not sure how spell power will scale compared to shadow damage now, but I'm fairly certain that 120 spellpower, a relatively small amount even compared to what spriests can get now, does not constitute a very awesome buff. It will increase Shadow DPS now and at entry-level 80 raiding, but later on, when shadow dps starts to lag behind again because the base scaling issues haven't been fixed it will basically be a joke. It's a quick fix, should have been there from the start (GG inner fire being the only remaining ability that gave only healing power, BoL was removed for pete's sake) and having it be the only buff in this build is a little insulting to me.