Berserk Buff! [Feral]

Major buff! Its now A mix of Last Stand and sweeping strikes in bear form

Plus new 2 new talents, Mother Bear and Natural Reaction.

Mother bear increases your AP in Bear form and decreases damage done to you for each person in your party

Natural reaction increases dodge chance in bear and when you dodge you gain 1-3 rage

Mother bear, fully talented, reduces damage done to you by either 12 or 15% (Not sure if it includes you). This should help balance out the non-increased armor from rogue gear, imo, a major thing we've been worrying about!

Re: Berserk Buff! [Feral]

Berserk always been like that.

Fully talented and in a full party, wouldn't Mother Bear give you another 20% damage reduction? 5% per person at 5 ranks, and 4 people in your party...
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Blasfomy
    Mother bear, fully talented, reduces damage done to you by either 12 or 15% (Not sure if it includes you). This should help balance out the non-increased armor from rogue gear, imo, a major thing we've been worrying about!
    For the poster above me its now a 3 point talent,s so its 3% for each other member in your party (totals to 12%)

Assuming no leather with additonal armor your looking at about 50% DR with rogue leather + armor rings/neck/wep, and then -12% damage on that so you come out to (12% of the remaining 50% = 6%) 56% DR from melee and 12% from spells.

Sure its all good for the starting 10mans, but unless we get leather with addition armor on it somewhere i can see some serious scaling issues later one because the difference in armor on 'rogue' leather between the teir levels is very minimal.

edit: this is in no way a QQ post about the Mother bear talent, its more a QQ about being forced to use 'rogue' gear.

Hmm so with this talents is Blizz saying we get no Bear Gear but we get alot of "tanking" talents????

I smell 5 Druid groups spread out over the world but loving Mother Bear incoming
    Whatever helps you with levelling in those "Oh, Shit!!" moments...

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    unless we get leather with addition armor on it somewhere i can see some serious scaling issues later
    I would totally assume that tier sets will have increased armor, as all of them did in TBC. The increased dodge chance, and decreased damage will be great for getting us into our Tier sets for that extra armor "oomph"

Plus i forsee feral PVP gear to have increase armor as well. If you think about it extremely few items beyond Tier sets, badge gear and PVP sets had increased armor on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirkgee5
    Hmm so with this talents is Blizz saying we get no Bear Gear but we get alot of "tanking" talents????
    watch out. thats what they did to ret pallies. Gave them no int on gear and made them wear warrior gear (you just get to wear rogue gear). Instead, they gave them Judgements of the Wise (they gave you motherbear). However, they nerfed Judgements of the Wise into complete shit. However, to be on par with Paladins, the new MB would have to be "if the druid is in a full 25 man raid increases damage taken by 15%"

I'm not positive but I think the damage reduction is a straight stack on our armor damage reduction, so 50%+12%=62% physical damage reduction 13% less then we have now, but if you just add (even though this isn't really how it works) the spell reduction 62%+12% we get 74% which is basically the same as our 75% physical mitigation.
    If the physical damage reduction doesn't work that way then we only get slightly shafted, but we have more dodge
    (Once again I know the math doesn't work like that, just giving it perspective)

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacliff
    I'm not positive but I think the damage reduction is a straight stack on our armor damage reduction, so 50%+12%=62% physical damage reduction 13% less then we have now...
    Damage Reduction is not additive! It works like X1 Damage is reduced by 50% making it X2 then X2 is reduced by 12% making it X3 Damage. So its much less.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    Damage Reduction is not additive! It works like X1 Damage is reduced by 50% making it X2 then X2 is reduced by 12% making it X3 Damage. So its much less.
    Or in other words, 50% from armor + 12% from talents is 56% total.

IMO, we should've already had something like this, there's a lot of QQ arguing similar things on the druid forums that ferals are only getting fixes and not buffs like other classes. The 5 minute CD is definitely the thing that makes this HUGELY terrible, otherwise just the timing that it's being given to us is the only thing to QQ about. Like I said though, wotlk is bringing fixes that we should've had already and the beta isn't buffing us like it is with other classes.