Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New Beacon of Light

Anyone on Beta able to tell me how the new Beacon of Light works?

Beacon of Light
    The target becomes a Beacon of Light to all targets within a 40 yard radius. Any heals you cast on those targets will also heal the Beacon for 100% of the amount healed.
    35% of base mana, 40 yd range, 1.5 sec cast

Does this have a duration or does it only affect the next heal?

Re: New Beacon of Light

very nice, so you can heal someone in the near of the Tank AND the tank at the same time <3

They took away our hot and replaced it with this?

Holy shit that thing is way better now maybe. Idk how well spellpower scaled with the old beacon but it looks to be better since your heals spread to everyone within range now.

Wow, that's pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisda19
    They took away our hot and replaced it with this?

Holy shit that thing is way better now maybe. Idk how well spellpower scaled with the old beacon but it looks to be better since your heals spread to everyone within range now.
    No.

Anyone within 40 yards of the beaconed target that you heal will also heal the beaconed target. So your 1 heal, heals 2 people.

Holypal can heal to 80 yards ? O_o

Anyway , i think they will nerf it. Can't be possible to double the HPS with 1 spell... -_-'
    Nerf to 50% of the amount healed will be on live.

Edit: The overheal isn't counted , isn't it ?

Beacon of Light, Lay on Hands?

THIS

IS

MADNESS.

Hm, no honestly this new itteration seems to be fairly decent to me. Although I must admit never to have played Holy on my Paladin in my life.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

THIS

IS

MILDLY USEFUL.

not gonna be up all the time unless they keep all this terrible +100 mp5 plate gear, but still much better than the old one

It would've been really nice to have a HoT, but I guess this is just as good. Maybe better.

It's like having a permanent Binding Heal in 2v2, and if there's two tanks for a fight(something like Patchwerk, 4H if the range is close enough, etc) it'll be nice.

It'll lead to some really nice overheal numbers, at the least!

To clarify Warcraft his / her comment, Beacon of Light is permanent until dispelled or you change the target.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

THIS

IS

SOOBA!
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    To clarify Warcraft his / her comment, Beacon of Light is permanent until dispelled
    It just became useless.

Holy pala and shamy heal is going to be SO f*ckin' synergic !

Spirit link , ancestral awakning , curse clease , hex
    with beacon , sacred cleasing , divine guardian , improved hammer
    or repentance , judgement of the wise ...

Quote Originally Posted by Alicice
    It just became useless.
    Obviously Holy Paladins will still spec Sheath of Light for arena.

hm i wonder if it heals only the real amount healed or the overheal too, cause if so you can pick the tank and heal a warlock with specced armor and bäm more heal^^

Quote Originally Posted by Aiphares
    hm i wonder if it heals only the real amount healed or the overheal too, cause if so you can pick the tank and heal a warlock with specced armor and bäm more heal^^
    If it only heals for the effective healing done on the secondary(non-beaconed) target it's worthless, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawberry
    Beacon of Light, Lay on Hands?

THIS

IS

MADNESS.

Hm, no honestly this new itteration seems to be fairly decent to me. Although I must admit never to have played Holy on my Paladin in my life.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZBA0SKmQy8

I like it, you can heal someone who isn't even in Line of Sight of you because you're healing someone else nearby who is just within 40 yards of your true target. You can safely heal without being in harm's way or re-position yourself to get certain heals in, for raiding you can be a spot healer while at the same time keeping the Tank up. This is also great when you require two tanks for certain fights such as Lynx boss in ZA, both get healed at the same time after taking one really bad swing.

This change was put in specifically because of Illumination.

They have us 2-person chain-heal with no limitations.

Now....to make the Beacon heal crit...then were cooking.

Well, they said they'd make it more attuned to the "paladin style of healing," and they sure did what they said. It's pretty awesome IMO...as a paladin being my favorite class to heal with, it gives me a chance to actually move my eye balls and fingers instead of mindlessly spamming the tank. While I do this anyway right now in TBC...if my supporting healers are bad, the tank could fall over at any time. With this new buff at least I can heal whoever I want and feel confident that the tank isn't in horrendous danger.

And yes, if illumination applies to this as well, and we can get 120% of base mana cost back on crits..... *Drool*