Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: New Beacon of Light

Hmm, this may be a very powerfull 2v2 spell. You could place the buff on yourself and always heal your partner. Bam! Rediculous heals. But, again, this depends if it doesnt facor in overheal, which if it doesnt this talent is certainly lack luster.

My question is, how many targets can you beacon?

Obviously, if you can beacon the whole raid before it starts, it's gonna be super OP.

I hope you can place it on more than 1 player.

Pallies will still be the main tank healer. But now, Pallies will be able to take care both OT and MT at once.

Imagine placing Beacon on the OT and spam heal the MT. (btw, I think this is the better way of using this spell than place it on the MT and heal OT)

keep in mind, you have to heal someone 40 yards of the beacon to make use of this spell. Now, I just hope it's instant cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadibo
    Havn't made up my mind on this one yet. It could work but still I doubt it will help when it comes to keeping a whole group alive if all are taking dmg and movement is needed. Paladins need some hot mecanic. Leaving our instant cast with 6 sec cd makes the class almost impossible to play. Its the ONLY single target heal with cd. DMG over time will be pain.

THey should have changed it to Effecting 5 ppl healing them for x amount (lower mana cost) and let it work over 20 yards with 2 talent points increasing it to 40 yards. But hey ... wont happen since Blizzard is balancing for PVP instead of PVE....
    This spell directly benefits PvE greatly. The problem before was that Paladins had 0 raid heals or group heals, but by placing this spell on the main tank he can heal any dps or off tank without letting the main tank die.

It's a great spell.

Well after playing holy pally from vanilla wow, i am really boring of PvE-ing anymore.Cleard both contents gg kk tnx bb.
    I want to PvP now, probably will take Retri spec for arena if they do not nerf it as usual before it goes live.
    As i see beacon will be complete crap in 2v2, yes it is great to heal 2 ppl and blah blah.
    But 1 x purge, 1 x dispell = bb beacon and more important which all of you fail to notice.
    It is "35% of base mana" = GG
    Cast it 3 times = OOM gg

Quote Originally Posted by Suriel
    Cast it 3 times = OOM gg
    Learn what base mana means you retard. Since you took the "time" to quote it.
    Woox - Rogue

Violer - Paladin (ALT) http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Cascah

But 1 x purge, 1 x dispell = bb beacon and more important which all of you fail to notice.
    Cast it 3 times = OOM gg
    BASE MANA GOD DAMN IT. Sorry for the outburst, but I hate people who dont consider what they're talking about. Secondly, we will always be dealing with dispell, no matter what spec you go for healing they are gonna try to dispell something you dont want them to. Man up and work your way around it.

That's actually a terrible ability. Most people in this thread are terrible for thinking it is anything but terrible.

Base mana values at level 70

The value is dependant on class only, not on race.
    Class Base mana value
    Mage 2241
    Druid 2370
    Warlock 2615
    Priest 2620
    Paladin 2953
    Shaman 2958
    Hunter 3383

On 80 our base mana will be imho 5k.
    35% of 5k is 1750.

I may over exaggerated a bit.
    But ''retard'', may i ask you. With instant purge and dispells, dont wanna mention even mage spellsteal.
    Cast it 2-3 times in row and check your mana pool after.

Before commenting something l2p.

Ah even cant think str8 now, cause i smell new ''pally got nerf'' incoming.
    Like in tbc it will be like ''Oooo cool new talents'' then shammy come and spam chain heal and BLOW you on healing meters.
    Priests and druids do the same.
    And you enter arena with pushing you'r self to limits and it is still not enough to win over druid/priest / insert class here team.
    Ret will be "You cant DPS but you are meant to ''support'' raid etc blah blah" FUCK OFF
    Prot may be only nice and viable spec as i see.
    But really this is end of all bullshit.
    Waiting to see live server patch.
    If it sucks wanted or not i am quting pally imho.
    Death knight's will be great at tanking and i guess pretty much viable in arena.

With a proper mana battery, a holy pally should be able to solo heal the bear/lynx bosses in ZA (and any other "cleave" bosses), now.

Who care about ZA bosses seriously ?

It seems like the BOL is "bugged" atm (or should we say Blizzard is trying to figure out how effective it is).

It's instant cast
    It has duration of 1 min
    It works on multiple targets
    It heals for full value of the orginal heal (even has separate crits)

Personally I think this spell could be a awsome tactical tool in the future. But it really has to be though out. I really like the idea of using it on more than one target but then it needs to have a healing penalty.

This would be my idea of it.

It is instant cast and costs around 1500 mana
    It has duration of 1 min
    It works on up to 5 targets.
    Every extra BOL reduces the healing on each person by 10% (also could be relative) like healing 1/2 when on 2 and 1/3 when on 3.
    Then it would become more of a hot.

The healing should be based on the cast heal value - NOT the effective heal and have chance of crit.

With the mana cost and the healing penaly on more BOL it will be great tactical value - constant thinking of the best tactical outcome based on the diffrent encounters.

I can see it working. But as a spell used on just one person doing effective healing it is NOT worth anything at all. Then palas can just forget playing WOTLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalon
    It seems like the BOL is "bugged" atm (or should we say Blizzard is trying to figure out how effective it is).

It's instant cast
    It has duration of 1 min
    It works on multiple targets
    It heals for full value of the orginal heal (even has separate crits)

Personally I think this spell could be a awsome tactical tool in the future. But it really has to be though out. I really like the idea of using it on more than one target but then it needs to have a healing penalty.

This would be my idea of it.

It is instant cast and costs around 1500 mana
    It has duration of 1 min
    It works on up to 5 targets.
    Every extra BOL reduces the healing on each person by 10% (also could be relative) like healing 1/2 when on 2 and 1/3 when on 3.
    Then it would become more of a hot.

The healing should be based on the cast heal value - NOT the effective heal and have chance of crit.

With the mana cost and the healing penaly on more BOL it will be great tactical value - constant thinking of the best tactical outcome based on the diffrent encounters.

I can see it working. But as a spell used on just one person doing effective healing it is NOT worth anything at all. Then palas can just forget playing WOTLK.
    Really like your idea, first of all. But can you link source?

@Suriel

You say you've played a paladin since preBC and yet you didn't know what base mana was. You also seem to be a horrible pvper seeing as you'd actually cast this spell 3 times to have it dispelled each time.

Hint to get past 1501 rating: if your enemies are dispel happy, DON'T CAST BEACON OF LIGHT. Or any other horrendously expensive spell that's easily dispelled. Use your brain. Every spell in the game is situational. Nothing's perfect.

As for the person who said this spell is terrible and anyone who thinks it isn't is terrible...thank you for your opinion, now either throw down some facts to back it up, or both of you shut up.

Lastly, (sorry for the wall of text) seeing as the old Beacon of Light said on the tooltip it could only be placed on one player, I'm guessing they'll change it to that at some point. Spamming this on ~10 or so people then spam healing the tank on a heavy AOE fight....20,000 healing per second anyone? Won't happen.

Much appreciated.

Base mana values at level 70

The value is dependant on class only, not on race.
    Class Base mana value
    Mage 2241
    Druid 2370
    Warlock 2615
    Priest 2620
    Paladin 2953
    Shaman 2958
    Hunter 3383

On 80 our base mana will be imho 5k.
    35% of 5k is 1750.

I may over exaggerated a bit.
    But ''retard'', may i ask you. With instant purge and dispells, dont wanna mention even mage spellsteal.
    Cast it 2-3 times in row and check your mana pool after.

Before commenting something l2p.
    mmo-champion isn't for pro players like you tbh, you shouldn't bother registering here just to make us look bad.

Can you leave us in peace now?

- - -

Anyway, the new beacon is better from my PoV at least for PvE, single target and permanent duration makes the mana cost not a big deal.

However, I can still see some improvement to be done, right now it's not a big deal healing two targets at the same time (especially only 'healing done' is transfered)

I would much appreciate something like:

In addition to the current effects, the beacon of light will share (a percentage of) all healing done (or done from the BoL caster) to him to up to two surrounding targets of the lowest health.

This way we have a two-way transfer.

I think one nice thing with this will be the obvious fact that you yourself could stand out of line of sight and heal both yourself and the one who is on the other side of the object, say a pillar in Nagrand Arena.

Possibly made paladin kiting really easy? You'd never have to show yourself basically.

Has anyone else considered the ramifications of this coupled with Glyph of Holy Light, that makes your holy light an AoE Heal?

Ah even cant think str8 now, cause i smell new ''pally got nerf'' incoming.
    Like in tbc it will be like ''Oooo cool new talents'' then shammy come and spam chain heal and BLOW you on healing meters.
    Priests and druids do the same.
    And you enter arena with pushing you'r self to limits and it is still not enough to win over druid/priest / insert class here team.
    Ret will be "You cant DPS but you are meant to ''support'' raid etc blah blah" FUCK OFF
    Prot may be only nice and viable spec as i see.
    But really this is end of all bullshit.
    Waiting to see live server patch.
    If it sucks wanted or not i am quting pally imho.
    Death knight's will be great at tanking and i guess pretty much viable in arena.
    Take care! don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord Split ya!