Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is Vanish still gonna be bugged?

Will blizzard finally fix vanish? I mean when inside a battleground or in an instance or raid, it seems to me, that I may as well not have vanish on my quickbar. That is how horrible it seems to me. Mobs just see right through it, and htey dont even have true seeing.

Re: Is Vanish still gonna be bugged?

the easiest way to fix it is to move your PC and plug it directly into the server's LAN, and make every other wow player do the same
    problem solved!

15+ Year Old Account

Maybe I'm just lucky but whenever I see a Rogue use Vanish it works out pretty well.

- A bitter Enhance shaman :-\

It's probably just me but Vanish is an "Oh Shit" button. It should have a chance to not completely work, as a matter of fact Rogues are the only class who's get out of combat ability can keep them alive in PvP (meaning they can actually get away and hide).

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Maybe I'm just lucky but whenever I see a Rogue use Vanish it works out pretty well.

- A bitter Enhance shaman :-\

It's probably just me but Vanish is an "Oh Shit" button. It should have a chance to not completely work, as a matter of fact Rogues are the only class who's get out of combat ability can keep them alive in PvP (meaning they can actually get away and hide).

part of the bug is we dont get out of combat. it currently only removes our threat on the target('s) but we dont have the 8 seconds extra stealth as it should be. a simple L1 mage still can see us through it in PvE i use it for threat management only cos thats all its capable of atm.
    Sticks and stones can break your bones but my daggers only kill you.

The 'bug' has been said to be working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    thats probably because when it doesnt work, we wont even notice they were using it

Will blizzard finally fix vanish?
    Working as intended -.-..........

i remember a few months back when some clever fellow actually discovered the fundamental cause of the vanish bug, the same bug blizz had denied existing, and was able to prove its existing through some tests, screenshots, and i believe a video on youtube. then his thread was deleted and i never saw him post again. it wouldn't surprise me in the least to learn he was banned
    all hail king frost strike

I know at least that some bugs with vanish simply cant be fixed due to server lag
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

Add a 1 - 1.5 second physical and spell immunity so that vanish doesn't break "immediately"

Problem fixed.

(Before you cry foul, it's currently already implemented for 0.25 - 0.5 seconds iirc. I've survived crushing blows for 22K-40K this way)

Hmm never thought of it as a bug... vanish in raid is for droping agro, not leaving combat... if you want to leave combat just get some distance from the mobs (the bigger the level difference the further you need to be) and then vanish, works just fine.

as for pvp, there are loads of abilities that can break the stealth (and vanish for that matter) haven't seen any excessive failed vanishing either...

actually THAT isnt the vanish bug. people that thing its auto attacks, spells or arrows on the way are in error. the actual vanish bug, which extends to normal stealth, is occasionally after using it for no apparant reason 1-7 seconds after gaining stealth, will lose it. the combat log will be something like

stab stab preforms vanish.
    stab stab gains vanish
    stab stab gains stealth
    stealth fades from stab stab
    all hail king frost strike

Try vanishing in a mob of 10 creatures, BRD works good with that.
    Guaranteed you'll fail to vanish.

I lost a 2v2 match today against a hunter/priest. I was playing my rogue, my girlfriend was playing her priest. We did everything right, played spot on. The enemy priest was oom, so was the hunter, but the hunter was at 75% and I was at 25%. My priest got feared to the other end of the map, so I decided to get back to her. The hunter had flare down, but we had moved away from it by at least 30 yards or so. I moved out of his flare, cloaked off his pet poisons and his sting, and hit my vanish button. I saw the puff of smoke and nothing happened. We lost a match with my priest at 50% mana to a oom hunter and oom priest because vanish did not do ANYTHING. I checked and double checked the combat log, cloak removed all effects as intended, but vanish did not stealth me, nor did it break the hunter's target of me.

bla bla bla big long story about how vanish failed 1 time in a 100.

its gonna work perfectly fine except for when its not.

In our imperfect vanish world this simple macro still seems to work best for me.

#show vanish
    /stopattack
    /cast vanish

......lol you obviously haven't rolled a Rogue or haven't rolled a Rogue for awhile. I've been auto attacked out of Vanish SO many fucking times, even against a Warrior and Paladin with 2Hers >.>.....It's pretty retarded sometimes. Not to mention the fact that Vanish is one of our OH SHIT buttons -.-......we Vanish TO GET AWAY, not to get knocked out from melee or stupid bullshit like that. I've had a Mage from at least 20 yards target me after Vanish and somehow manage to still cast on me. And then other times I've Vanished even before a cast got off and yet I STILL GET KNOCKED OUT. I honestly think Blizzard should fix this instead of saying "working as intended" FUCK THAT, that's just excuses. Regardless of what class I don't care, if you bug an oh shit button then that should be fixed asap. And don't give me this "Rogues are OPed and deserve it" no, fuck that, FIRST you fix it, THEN you balance the skill. That's how it should work, but so many retarded devs these days don't understand or don't care ( you be the judge )

Quote Originally Posted by sahria

Invisibility is the worst combat dropper ever, and it still works more than vanish.

Vanish FTL.

Quote Originally Posted by sahria

That wall of text is a common occurrence my friend. That is one of many, not one in one hundred.

More like 1 in 5 at least that's about accurate for me. Sometimes I just don't even bother trying to get my Vanish off if I have more than 3 people on me, unless it's arena or something I pretty much just say screw it.