Page 1 of 2
LastLast

No New Healing Spell?

So am I right to assume Pally is actually not getting a new reactive healing spell, or hell, a new spell period? Or do you think it's coming?

Re: No New Healing Spell?

It's not happening.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Jesus what a freakin joke. Druid gets a flash and ANOTHER HOT, and we can't get a flippin bone. From what I've read Holy Shock is still a mana whore, so that leaves us standing still to cast, gg trying to cast in arena.

*sigh*

K? Doesn't change the fact that a lot of people play the paladin class and would like to see some new spells implemented. Though I suppose you could just tell them they weren't MEANT to be useful, I'm sure they'd understand and delete their paladins.

What's wrong with :

Beacon of Light (Tier 11) changed to: The target becomes a Beacon of Light to all targets within a 40 yard radius. Any heals you cast on those targets will also heal the Beacon for 100% of the amount healed.
    ?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by llamabob
    So am I right to assume Pally is actually not getting a new reactive healing spell, or hell, a new spell period? Or do you think it's coming?
    No you only got Aoe heal but maby its a skill not a spell.

The main problem with BOL is that it can be dispelled though. It does indeed open a world of new options.. but to be honest I'd personally still rather go for a Holy/ret build where I can get sheath of light and 5% more crit for my spells.

I like how optimistic you all are about beacon in arena... i guess you overlooked that it's considered "magic," and can be disspelled. Aka worthless.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bonechewer&n=Crispybacon

When, in reality, priests aren't incredibly common in 2v2, and I doubt a mage is going to try to eat up your beacon.

Although... would it heal them, then? I have no clue how the spell mechanic works, although that would absolutely suck. I imagine that Blizzard would make it a non-magic effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallos
    When, in reality, priests aren't incredibly common in 2v2, and I doubt a mage is going to try to eat up your beacon.

Although... would it heal them, then? I have no clue how the spell mechanic works, although that would absolutely suck. I imagine that Blizzard would make it a non-magic effect.
    I doubt it'd heal them, but it depends on the setup you face yes.
    Mage/rogue would probably leave the beacon since they focus on 1 target and CC the other if we're talking about 2v2. However.. if the paladin avoids LoS with them and keeps himself from being CC while he uses beacon on his partner and stays behind a pillar healing himself (given that the 40 yards go trough LoS) then the mage will be forced to dispel or they'd end up with an endless pillar run with the paladin.

Now if we look at it 5 classes will be able to dispel it, Shaman purge, Priest dispel, Mage spellsteal and Hunter Arcane shot (or well tranquilizing shot in WotLK) and perhaps a warrior who uses shield slam since that's no longer a talent and it dispels a magical effect.
    This is half the classes although 2 of them (Hunter/Warrior) have a less likely/spamable dispel effect it's still possible and given that BOL goes trough LoS it can be really powerful in arenas.. but that also means it'll be dispelled earlier.

So I'd say it's fairly situational but it can be good it's probably better in 3s and 5s although ofcourse there you'll have more chance of facing dispellers. Evenso.. would I give it up for Sheath of light and 5% crit, PoJ etc.. I doubt it.

id give u one of my spells if i could... seems blizzard wants to turn druids into machine guns. global cd on rejuv and lifebloom = 1 sec. 1 new instant, 1 new 1.5 sec cast. +talent that reduces casting time by 0.5 sec after crit. my poor keyboard...
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

also warlock with felpuppy will be able to dispell, or have i missed, when they removed it?

anyway, yea, i agree, holypaladins deserve some buff and making this nondispelable would be great (tho my shammy will cry a river with purge spam not working )

also, restoshammys didnt get new heal either, but got interesting talents for effective switching between CH and HW/LHW making their healing more "fun", i wish paladins could get something cool also

Quote Originally Posted by Qrio
    What's wrong with :
    ?
    First and foremost, it's the SECOND Xpac, and we STILL have not recieved a new healing spell. It's getting old, and boring.

But the problem with Beacon of Light is, obviously, it can be dispeled. These are just the things off top of my head that can ruin it..

Dispel, Purge, Spellsteal, Devour, Arcane shot etc.

Now look at the mana cost, it's not something you can just reapply at will like a blessing, you'll go OOM in 60 seconds. It's quite worthless in general. At best it's ok as a situational heal vs. certain teams without dispel, but Paladin healers in Arena don't need a situational bandaid, they need a fat buff, plain and simple. We need a new spell.

Other problems with Beacon are, we do not know yet if you still have to be LoS of the target for it to work, if you do, refer to Paladins ridiculous tendency to get locked down completely. What, shock didn't crit? Good luck getting that long ass HL off. It's another pathetic bandaid rather than just giving us a HoT and sending us on our merry way IMO.

And since I'm riding the whine train, the new "evocation" we got is pretty half assed also. You still basically have to set it up like a drink, avoid interuption, and take yourself out of action for 6 seconds. All of the healers spells can be stopped/dispeled, that's not so much the issue. It's the fact that we have to channel for 6 seconds, where as druid can innervate and go, priest can fiend, ward it and go, shaman can shield/tide and go. We have to take ourselves out of the game for 6 seconds, so it's no more than a glorified drink :/

I just don't see Holy being viable in PvP at all.

I haven't been paying too much attention to the holy tree recently, so this may be pointless to bring up.. but a quick glance at the MMOC list of spells has 'Sacred Shield'. "Each time the target takes damage they gain a Sacred Shield, absorbing 500 damage. They cannot gain this effect more than once every 6 seconds."?

That sounds like a new healing spell to me, though again I have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by llamabob
    Jesus what a freakin joke. Druid gets a flash and ANOTHER HOT, and we can't get a flippin bone. From what I've read Holy Shock is still a mana whore, so that leaves us standing still to cast, gg trying to cast in arena.

*sigh*
    QQ more, at least you have holy shock in arena, try being a shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo
    I haven't been paying too much attention to the holy tree recently, so this may be pointless to bring up.. but a quick glance at the MMOC list of spells has 'Sacred Shield'. "Each time the target takes damage they gain a Sacred Shield, absorbing 500 damage. They cannot gain this effect more than once every 6 seconds."?

That sounds like a new healing spell to me, though again I have no clue.
    new heal is something u actually use, not passive effect

something like druids got last xpac lifebloom, now flourish and nourish to their already pretty nice repertoire, so they have everthing now, several hots, fast heal, which gets stronger with hots on target, instant heal (swiftmend) and big heal for NS
    priests got last xpac Prayer of Mending (atleast i hope its called that way) and binding heal, now technically Mark of Divinity, and some channeled talented 2s heal in disc, right?
    Restoshammys got sorta Earth Shiled in xpac and Now nothing, but several interesting talents and at the top Spirit link
    Holy Palys got nothing, only this :/

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    new heal is something u actually use, not passive effect
    Right, but what is Sacred Shield a passive effect from? Like I said, I haven't been keeping up.

In any case, I think in general Blizz and the paladin community are at odds on the ideal 'complexity' of the class, which is why we see less than we want. They seem happy to leave us with fewer things to do than the average class.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadibo
    Find me the critter in WOTLK that will not finish of a 500 dmg shield in one hit.
    Sure, numerically it's crap right now. But.. assuming it is a reactive hot-like spell we can cast.. If it has decent duration, and can be cast on more than one person, the effect itself seems alright. Can imagine it being good for dealing with various sources of AoE damage in 5s, for sure.

*shrug*

Just trying to find the silver lining

Edit: "5s" meant 5 mans, not 5v5s. I agree that it still feels like the spec is lacking oomph for pvp healing.

Well, I guess I'll just try and be hopeful, though I totally understand people not being. This xpac cycle, the Blizz team has seemed a lot more aware of what's going on, so even if we don't agree, we at least know what they're doing and why.. Usually.

Hard to really be hopeful after seeing them bungle various things over the years, but eh.. That's why I have alts

Trust me when I say, mana is not an issue for paladin as it stands on beta right now. I'm in Full T6 gear and I keep judgment of wisdom up and seal of wisdom up (and my damage output is pretty insane for a holydin too)

My judgment is currently giving around 250 mana a proc (which is every 4 seconds)
    My seal is currently giving me about 450 mana a proc (which is every 4 seconds)

Not to mention judgment can proc on spells too i.e. exorcism, holy wrath, holy shock, the initial judgment itself can proc it.

I tested this on an elite in Northrend and I ended the fight with 100% mana.

The point is, someone said oh holy shock this holy shock that it's so inefficient, it's really not, and keeping up wisdom alone is going to make mana return extremely well. Even in raids this will be amazing considering what it can proc off of, if you are doing damage to the boss or he does damage to you...

If both proc, that's 700-800 mana every 4 seconds (and both do proc alot)...I don't mind not having a new healing spell, the changes are phenomenal and those who haven't played beta yet please don't judge (no pun intended) and just wait for 3.0.2 to go live then you'll see how awesome we have gotten.

(This reply was intended for Holy Paladins, not Ret/Prot)