Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: No New Healing Spell?

Quote Originally Posted by Fadibo
    Still its a fixed number that will never be of any real use since the other numbers will be increasing - Both dmg and healing.
    Sacred shield is not the silver lining that holy paladins are after Its a poor effort to make something new that is absolutly worthless in the longrun.
    Eventhough the damage is low it doesn't state any duration just that it can't occur more than once every 6 seconds. If this is the case and you can cast it on multiple targets you pretty much lower the damage done to everyone by 500 every 6 seconds.
    This is fairly decent given that you can cast it on multiple targets and it stays on forever (read as: 15+ minutes)

Of course the downside is that it can possibly (like all paladin buffs) be dispelled and the number will be extremely low in WotLK at level 80.

I guess it is a nice little thing to put on your tanks though, a 1 minute fight would equal in 5000 damage absorbed, better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbill
    Eventhough the damage is low it doesn't state any duration just that it can't occur more than once every 6 seconds. If this is the case and you can cast it on multiple targets you pretty much lower the damage done to everyone by 500 every 6 seconds.
    This is fairly decent given that you can cast it on multiple targets and it stays on forever (read as: 15+ minutes)

Of course the downside is that it can possibly (like all paladin buffs) be dispelled and the number will be extremely low in WotLK at level 80.

I guess it is a nice little thing to put on your tanks though, a 1 minute fight would equal in 5000 damage absorbed, better than nothing.
    At the moment, it goes away and does not refresh as soon as the 500 damage is taken. So, you cast it, mob hits tank in the next 30 seconds, first hit mob does, shield is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Samiel
    At the moment, it goes away and does not refresh as soon as the 500 damage is taken. So, you cast it, mob hits tank in the next 30 seconds, first hit mob does, shield is gone.
    Yeah.. that makes it pretty much useless then. I really wonder what blizzard intended with that spell then. I guess we'll find out at some point..

Quote Originally Posted by Qrio
    What's wrong with :
    Beacon of Light (Tier 11) changed to: The target becomes a Beacon of Light to all targets within a 40 yard radius. Any heals you cast on those targets will also heal the Beacon for 100% of the amount healed.
    ?
    I'm wondering the same thing??
    That is all.

1) Beacon of Light. I like it. How about you?

2) PALLIES ARE A SIMPLE CLASS. We don't have dozens upon dozens of abilities we use all the time. It's our design. I thought after how many years WoW has been out, you'd get that by now.

Resto shammies are not that much more complicated than Palas - how many heals do we have? Lesser Healing Wave, Healing Wave, Chain Heal and Earth Shield + Gift of the Naaru racial, but I will not count it since it's available to some of the Palas as well.

In normal (smart) use, you're going to use Chain Heal for more than 90-95% of your healing done. If needed we have the big (but slow) Healing Wave, and the fast, but extremely mana inefficient Lesser Healing Wave. In the expansion there is no new healing spell, except spirit link, which I hardly classify as a heal. We're switched to a more varied rotation, but does not mean we have a new spell in our arsenal.

Both Palas & Shammies are far from the complexity & different arsenal of druids/priests, and palas are definitely not the only exception.

I'm still waiting to see a response to the Beacon of Light question I asked earlier - what's wrong with it? It's a new mechanic for Palas, and it seems quite nice.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

in fact, spirit link is only one of new talents, which directly affects chain heal, since we will be able to heal with him linked ppl (not counting here 4% healcrit talent)

other talents already are focused on HW and LHW, shortening time, mana on proc, and Imp. ES

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    also warlock with felpuppy will be able to dispell, or have i missed, when they removed it?

anyway, yea, i agree, holypaladins deserve some buff and making this nondispelable would be great (tho my shammy will cry a river with purge spam not working )

also, restoshammys didnt get new heal either, but got interesting talents for effective switching between CH and HW/LHW making their healing more "fun", i wish paladins could get something cool also
    I wish they'd give them incentive to be fighting instead of casting.

Melee hybrid FTW?

I'd love to see a talent that increases your melee haste every time you stop to cast a healing spell by around 10% per healing spell (Holy Shock doesn't count) stacking up to 3 times, and granting 10% spell haste for every melee attack you swing.

Combine that with a Holy Damage > Healing talent/ability (I thought Beacon of Light turning any holy damage you deal into healing for the target would have been neat) and you've got a suh-weet hybrid healer.