Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: New changes = Epic FAIL

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneDude
    There's a way to stop all these trolls from QQing

Don't respond. Just don't answer these people and they can all QQ to each and kiss each others asses so they can comfort themselves because they were never loved as a child.....ya we've all heard it before. But EVERYONE freaking out and starts QQing and it's making me hate the WoW community cause so many fucking 10 year olds who don't understand what a GOOD buff/nerf or update is. No PVP buffs? Ya, ok +10% more shadow damage, THE FUCK THAT AINT A BUFF. Holy shit. As much as people would LOVE to know where there 5% of 400-900 damage is, pleeeease, tell me that you're going to miss 32 damage each hemo or Warrior melee swing. Are you seriously going to miss that? I'm not scared for my 70 Lock, infact, I can't wait to SCALE more. It has a great PVP buff for me too. I see this as making my Warlock more DESTRUCTIBLE than debuffing. Ya, sure, you can't spam that on every person you see that walks along, but I don't care. Warlocks are getting amped up more on offensive and more forceful and destructible.

So all of you who won't stfu, just quit WoW cause people who understand the game would LOVE for you to quit, so if it's that bad, PLEASE QUIT! Do us all a favor
    Sorry I prefer QQing in a public forum w/ everyone else that spent time and money levelling a lock cause they're fuckin ballin and getting shortchanged. Maybe you're a masochist, but some of us have to step up and wah for the rest of us. BTW big guy, you're gunna be waiting for awhile before you see some scaling so why don't you go back to cybering as a 15/F/CALI on habbo hotel before you post in my thread.

This is the Warlock board, therefore warlocks can come in here and QQ all they want, just like every other class does in there forums. If you don't like it, don't read it, don't reply to it, its that simple.

Affliction has real concerns which even Blizz has already admitted to. The fact that the spec does not scale with crit or haste is a serious problem for end game PvE and PvP where these stats are heavy on all of the gear.

Blizz has already said they are still working on us though and a blue just posted teasing us about DoTs being able to crit so lets just wait and see what happens.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/9/93368...ing-maybe.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sinshot
    Sorry I prefer QQing in a public forum w/ everyone else that spent time and money levelling a lock cause they're fuckin ballin and getting shortchanged. Maybe you're a masochist, but some of us have to step up and wah for the rest of us. BTW big guy, you're gunna be waiting for awhile before you see some scaling so why don't you go back to cybering as a 15/F/CALI on habbo hotel before you post in my thread.
    Roll a mage tbh

thank god curse of recklessness was way too OP ofc
    the developers have done a good job pooring their time in this extreme change
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

Affliction
    Skills

* Curse of Weakness (rank 9) now increases time between melee and ranged attacks by 20%.
    * Curse of Recklessness armor reduction lowered for all ranks.

Talents

* Shadow Embrace (Tier 5) changed to: Your Corruption, Curse of Agony, Siphon Life and Seed of Corruption spells also cause you to gain the Shadow Embrace effect for 12 sec, increasing Shadow damage dealt by 2/4/6/8/10%.
    * Frailty (Tier 2) changed to: Increases the amount of attack power reduced by your Curse of Weakness by 10/20%, and reduces the amount of attack power granted by your Curse of Recklessness by 50/100%.

Demonology
    Talents

* Demonic Pact (Tier 10) changed to: Your pet's criticals apply the Demonic Pact effect to your party or raid members. Demonic Pact increases spell power by 2/4/6/8/10% of your Spell Damage for 12 sec.

WTF? Still no pvp buffs. 5 Points for 10% increased shadow dmg is hilarious, nice job on the scaling Blizz. The utility isn't useful enough to replace our main curses (CoA, CoD, etc) and I guess we're apparently raiding in Demo spec now? =/
    1. This was not our second pass by the developers. We will probably see more changes to the warlock talent trees, affliction scaling, and other things then. This was basically, them fixing up all the buff debuff homogenizing.

2. Talents that directly give a plus % of damage our the best scaling talents in the game. The new SE is far superior to the old one imo. I know DoTs do not scale like a lot of us want them to yet, but as I said I don't think this was our second pass.

3. I think the armor debuff in CoR was lowered to make it the same as similiar debuffs that share it's debuff slot.

Overall, those things being said I don't think this was an epic fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Drearcerberus
    1. This was not our second pass by the developers. We will probably see more changes to the warlock talent trees, affliction scaling, and other things then. This was basically, them fixing up all the buff debuff homogenizing.

2. Talents that directly give a plus % of damage our the best scaling talents in the game. The new SE is far superior to the old one imo. I know DoTs do not scale like a lot of us want them to yet, but as I said I don't think this was our second pass.

3. I think the armor debuff in CoR was lowered to make it the same as similiar debuffs that share it's debuff slot.

Overall, those things being said I don't think this was an epic fail.

@ #2

talents that give u 10% more shadow damage when you cast agony/siphon/corruption are fail and heres why

if you are heavy affliction in raid you will most likely cast CoE w/malediction... even if you do get to use agony its only refreshed every 24secs but i doubt youll get the chance

siphon life contrary to nubs belief is NOT a dps DoT even if you do cast it its only once every 30 secs

corruption should only have to be cast once with everlasting afflictions in a raid.... so again blizzard failed

the new shadow embrace needs some work if you are raiding casting CoE, and then corruption once since sbolts refresh corruption you will get the proc once during a boss fight... i hardly consider that scaling well for affliction raiding

5 points isnt enough for 10% dmg ? what warrs should say who get 1% dmg for 1 point ?~~ get a grip u whining noob and l2p , locks already can facerolll to win
    Quote Originally Posted by Darhaja
    bad math ur doing 1.5.... its 150% sooo 100 haste rating = 250 after the buff or 300 haste rating 150% = 750 haste dunno how u got 1.5 or 15% anywhere its giving u 150% more haste from the haste u already have why do ppl try to always complicate things.

...and I guess we're apparently raiding in Demo spec now? =/
    I have raided as a warlock in Demo spec through almost all of T6 content (pre-sunwell) and it actually performs quite nicely. I was able to out DPS other specs of warlocks and hit top damage night after night in raids. The only real issue is on some bosses where keeping your pet summoned and alive was overly difficult, such as Najentus, Azgalor, Archimonde, Illidan, Doomwalker. Outside of those fights, I was able to see Demo as a viable spec although it was substantially more challenging to play than destro.

Affliction
    Skills

* Curse of Recklessness armor reduction lowered for all ranks.

Talents

* Shadow Embrace (Tier 5) changed to: Your Corruption, Curse of Agony, Siphon Life and Seed of Corruption spells also cause you to gain the Shadow Embrace effect for 12 sec, increasing Shadow damage dealt by 2/4/6/8/10%.
    * Frailty (Tier 2) changed to: Increases the amount of attack power reduced by your Curse of Weakness by 10/20%, and reduces the amount of attack power granted by your Curse of Recklessness by 50/100%.

Demonology
    Talents

* Demonic Pact (Tier 10) changed to: Your pet's criticals apply the Demonic Pact effect to your party or raid members. Demonic Pact increases spell power by 2/4/6/8/10% of your Spell Damage for 12 sec.

WTF? Still no pvp buffs. 5 Points for 10% increased shadow dmg is hilarious, nice job on the scaling Blizz. The utility isn't useful enough to replace our main curses (CoA, CoD, etc) and I guess we're apparently raiding in Demo spec now? =/
    As alluded to in another post, the Frailty talent for CoR was buffed, but CoR itself was nerfed down to the levels of other 'secondary' armor reducing effects such as faerie fire.

Actually, if you look at all of these changes, they are almost all directly tied to raid stacking - assuming Curse of Weakness change was to add another non-stacking 20% slow.

CoR change was made to track faerie fire, etc. Frailty change was made so CoR couldn't be talented better than its peers(again, faerie fire).

Demonic pact was moved back to a party buff to free up a debuff slot on the target.

Shadow embrace was changed to remove an affliction raid buff and still make it useful to the lock.

No PvP changes for warlocks because they weren't looking at Warlocks specifically in this pass, just raid buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyo
    5 points isnt enough for 10% dmg ? what warrs should say who get 1% dmg for 1 point ?~~ get a grip u whining noob and l2p , locks already can facerolll to win

and the clueless trolls have it!

no not really

its 10% damage for 5 points? no since you actually have to cast.... nvm why am i explaining this to you.. looks like someone is stuck in S1 arena time and thinks locks are still OP in pvp or someone has a jealous mage alt that gets ripped in the dps meter because locks + class synergy and scaling is out of control for destro at T6 level

someone else needs to lrn2play
    affliction scaling is terrible and you talk about warriors? lawl kings of tanking single mobs and kings of arena

let this thread die please, these changes are old, new affliction is pro, and may well compete with destruction fire