Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New changes = Epic FAIL

Affliction
    Skills

* Curse of Weakness (rank 9) now increases time between melee and ranged attacks by 20%.
    * Curse of Recklessness armor reduction lowered for all ranks.

Talents

* Shadow Embrace (Tier 5) changed to: Your Corruption, Curse of Agony, Siphon Life and Seed of Corruption spells also cause you to gain the Shadow Embrace effect for 12 sec, increasing Shadow damage dealt by 2/4/6/8/10%.
    * Frailty (Tier 2) changed to: Increases the amount of attack power reduced by your Curse of Weakness by 10/20%, and reduces the amount of attack power granted by your Curse of Recklessness by 50/100%.

Demonology
    Talents

* Demonic Pact (Tier 10) changed to: Your pet's criticals apply the Demonic Pact effect to your party or raid members. Demonic Pact increases spell power by 2/4/6/8/10% of your Spell Damage for 12 sec.

WTF? Still no pvp buffs. 5 Points for 10% increased shadow dmg is hilarious, nice job on the scaling Blizz. The utility isn't useful enough to replace our main curses (CoA, CoD, etc) and I guess we're apparently raiding in Demo spec now? =/

Re: New changes = Epic FAIL

Waah! QQ more, their first concern is making affliction have any PvE usefulness, rather than making another glorified sl/sl thing.
    This user has been banned.

Lets all whine about changes that are on beta and not on live realms, shall we ?, QQ Tailoring sux my epic flying carpet has bad color ! ... damn you whiners, why do you have to whine about EVERY single change, humans can really be weird sometimes... if it's unknown to you it must be bad (which is flawed perspective), but i know my words mean nothing, yet again who am i, a bored person that responds on QQ'ers post, go whine more since nothing anyone post's or does will make an difference

People who look at straight BUFFS and complain about them make me rage.

"QQQQQQQ our beta buffs weren't big enough this patch."

I am VERY satisfied with these changes tbh. Now I'm just waiting for a Spellstone/Firestone revamp.

EDIT: And.. In all honesty, what's the point in PVPing in WoW? It's practically only a matter of setup.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Shadow Embrace makes up for the lack of Weaving, but Afflic still needs to have it's scaling taken care of if it doesn't want to be outdated in six months

Quote Originally Posted by Merin
    Shadow Embrace makes up for the lack of Weaving, but Afflic still needs to have it's scaling taken care of if it doesn't want to be outdated in six months
    yeah but as it is said in another post as this talent is designed poses another problem..
    it refreshes of coa (24 sec), siphon life (30 sec), corru (you basically don't refresh it anymore thanks to everlasting affliction), seed (you don't cast it always :X)..
    so, either you waste a gcd for siphon overwriting, or you won't be in permanent shadow embrace :X
    this should proc on dots TICK, so it can be kept up by corru tick :X
    else is kinda a fail talent :X

Quote Originally Posted by drakath
    People who look at straight BUFFS and complain about them make me rage.

"QQQQQQQ our beta buffs weren't big enough this patch."
    What buffs ??? name me ONE thing that actually is an affliction buff (and not a fucking toy) in comparison to TBC and you'll win the internet.

Just from today's build:

SE Buff = SW nerf
    CoR nerfed
    CoW Buff !!!!!!!

If you want to be a fanboy it's fine by me but for the love of god i'll give you 3 small reasons to reconsider your opinion:

1. They gave you a 51 talent points ability that is slightly better than pre nerfed ISB (5 talent points) was.
    2. They took 7% affliction hit away.
    3. Handing over your utility to offspecs.

Didn't even had to mention scaling with Haste/Crit right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius
    I am VERY satisfied with these changes tbh. Now I'm just waiting for a Spellstone/Firestone revamp.

EDIT: And.. In all honesty, what's the point in PVPing in WoW? It's practically only a matter of setup.
    Enlighten us please, where you base your satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Merin
    With the affliction lost hit chance there will not be a period like TBC had, hell people will be doing entry raids in there tier 6 with haste gear and gems, plus Haste this time exists across the loot table.

In 2 words, forget it.

He posts several buffs, says "THIS IS PVE BUFFS, I WANT PVP BUFFS 2!!!!!11111oneoneone"
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

Taken from beta and without any personal comments

Shadow Embrace: This talent is officially terrible. Why? Let me try to be as constructive as possible. First of all it is no fun. It functions like a spellpower proc or trinket use for spellpower. I cast corruption, and it procs. That corruption gains no benefit from the Shadow Embrace buff.. so I have to recast the spell right away. Yes, cast Corruption TWICE. Or cast all my dots and then go back to Corruption and refresh it before the Shadow Embrace fades.. and unless you have Everlasting Affliction, do it again every time it fades.. ugh that is such a pain to do. Feels so broken.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sinshot
    Affliction
    Skills

* Curse of Weakness (rank 9) now increases time between melee and ranged attacks by 20%.
    * Curse of Recklessness armor reduction lowered for all ranks.

Talents

* Shadow Embrace (Tier 5) changed to: Your Corruption, Curse of Agony, Siphon Life and Seed of Corruption spells also cause you to gain the Shadow Embrace effect for 12 sec, increasing Shadow damage dealt by 2/4/6/8/10%.
    * Frailty (Tier 2) changed to: Increases the amount of attack power reduced by your Curse of Weakness by 10/20%, and reduces the amount of attack power granted by your Curse of Recklessness by 50/100%.

Demonology
    Talents

* Demonic Pact (Tier 10) changed to: Your pet's criticals apply the Demonic Pact effect to your party or raid members. Demonic Pact increases spell power by 2/4/6/8/10% of your Spell Damage for 12 sec.

WTF? Still no pvp buffs. 5 Points for 10% increased shadow dmg is hilarious, nice job on the scaling Blizz. The utility isn't useful enough to replace our main curses (CoA, CoD, etc) and I guess we're apparently raiding in Demo spec now? =/
    It's kind of weird that they removed the melee/hunter "Demonic Pact" just to add the Caster one (melee/hunter one is Expose Weakness from hunter, which was made for the hunter only now)

Quote Originally Posted by Unspoken
    You got to be shitting me !!! just noticed this ;P

Blizzard, you must be fucking kidding us right ?

WHAT WAS THE FUCKING OP ELEMENT OF COR THAT NEEDED A DAMN NERF ???

Add CoR to the list of the recently deceased skills and abilities..

You do know that the attack power referred is granted to your target, right?

Do you even know what CoR does? Here:

"Curses the target with recklessness, increasing melee attack power by 135 but reducing armor by 610 for 2 min. Cursed enemies will not flee. Only one Curse per Warlock can be active on any one target."

So....... with that talent... it takes away the downside of casting that on the mob because you get the full Armor reduction without giving the mob MORE AP....

Quote Originally Posted by Unspoken
    You got to be shitting me !!! just noticed this ;P

Blizzard, you must be fucking kidding us right ?

WHAT WAS THE FUCKING OP ELEMENT OF COR THAT NEEDED A DAMN NERF ???

Add CoR to the list of the recently deceased skills and abilities...

Btw if this changes are a part of the "some considerable work is yet to happen to locks" secret plan then by all means you should go @#^&^&#@ @#*^&*&*& @#&^^&^&
    Its not a nerf, learn your class skills, CoR increases the targetrs AP and reduces their armor, 2 points in frailty and it reduces the AP it grants by100% as in, it just straight removes their armor. Its a freaking buff, stop being so stupid.

Do you even know what CoR does? Here:

"Curses the target with recklessness, increasing melee attack power by 135 but reducing armor by 610 for 2 min. Cursed enemies will not flee. Only one Curse per Warlock can be active on any one target."

So....... with that talent... it takes away the downside of casting that on the mob because you get the full Armor reduction without giving the mob MORE AP....
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyal
    Its not a nerf, learn your class skills, CoR increases the targetrs AP and reduces their armor, 2 points in frailty and it reduces the AP it grants by100% as in, it just straight removes their armor. Its a freaking buff, stop being so stupid.
    Epic fail me guys i should learn to read properly, post deleted, thanks for correcting and sorry for the trouble.

There's a way to stop all these trolls from QQing

Don't respond. Just don't answer these people and they can all QQ to each and kiss each others asses so they can comfort themselves because they were never loved as a child.....ya we've all heard it before. But EVERYONE freaking out and starts QQing and it's making me hate the WoW community cause so many fucking 10 year olds who don't understand what a GOOD buff/nerf or update is. No PVP buffs? Ya, ok +10% more shadow damage, THE FUCK THAT AINT A BUFF. Holy shit. As much as people would LOVE to know where there 5% of 400-900 damage is, pleeeease, tell me that you're going to miss 32 damage each hemo or Warrior melee swing. Are you seriously going to miss that? I'm not scared for my 70 Lock, infact, I can't wait to SCALE more. It has a great PVP buff for me too. I see this as making my Warlock more DESTRUCTIBLE than debuffing. Ya, sure, you can't spam that on every person you see that walks along, but I don't care. Warlocks are getting amped up more on offensive and more forceful and destructible.

So all of you who won't stfu, just quit WoW cause people who understand the game would LOVE for you to quit, so if it's that bad, PLEASE QUIT! Do us all a favor

Warlocks are masters of shadow, flame, and demonic power. They are a robed class that excels at plaguing their enemies with disease or curses, hurling bolts of fire or shadow energy across the battlefield, and summoning demons to aid them in combat. While warlocks are powerful casters that deal damage from a distance, their demonic powers can also protect or support their allies in battle, or even summon other players from across the world using ritual magic to conjure portals.

That's off the official site... Is this true any longer?

I just don't believe this is anything more than trolling. I'm sorry. Like someone else said, don't give into trolls. They know they're wrong, they just want to get "normal thinking people" flustered.

The end.

beta needs QQ. As idiotic as most of it is, I wouldn't expect Blizzard, or anyone else for that matter, to balance 10 classes like this based on only thier small sub-groups dedicated to testing thier ideas. Well constructed and non-offensive QQ helps blizzard understand what ALL the customers of one class want. You people are the trolls, even if the OP was a bit exuberant.

and you know what, if you don't like what he posts. ITS IN THE FREAKIN TITLE, so dont read it. You KNOW its gonna be QQ.

Yes its ugly, yes it can get rude and ranty. But guess what, the squeaky wheel gets the oil. And in the end Blizzard is made of adults, they can take childish ranting when they get it.

Troll post or not, it's true. Affliction doesn't need more + damage garbage talents or else the same thing that's been happening in PvE will continue to happen. Good for the first tier, maybe first tier and half of the next, and then all of the sudden the massive scaling issues will cripple us again because we're one of 2 specs that only gain about 50% benefit from all of the dps caster stats; damage and hit. This is the same problem Shadow Priests have. We don't need more bandaid fixes so we can be awesome in T7 and suck in T8 and on again.