Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A twist in First Aid!

Hello , I've been reading this forum quite a while now but only recently joined to share some of my ideas with the community while waiting for the wrath release.

So my idea goes like this : We all know that bandages when applied give u a debuff "recently bandage" so why not make some bandages that give u a buff that can be utilized both in pvp/pve. something like this.

Dense Frostweave Bandage: Heals for X health and reduces the damage
    taken by the target by 100 for 30 seconds.

Aseptic Bandage : Removes one Poison or disease effect and makes the
    target immune to the effect removed from 30 seconds.

1000 views and a new idea
    -----------------------------
    .....that actually came to be by chance while browsing some forums.

Mummy's cloth : Wrap the user for 6 seconds in ancient cloth and removes 6 bleed , poison or disease debuffs and heals him for X damage. The player cannot move during the process and item has 2 min cooldown. Any direct damage will interrupt the effect.

Regarding this cloth's over-powerness it could be a drop from instance which would be re-usable. or the cd can be increased so it's not spammable.... ( just thoughts here and there )!

alternative : Make's the player a walking mummy for 15 minutes. 30 min cd! ( player covered is wraps...only visible parts are the eyes and the weapons ( shields etc ). This could be a fun discovery recipe for the first aid proffesion (if they decide to implement the discovery mechanism in all proffesions ) or a rare drop from instance!

Many More views and a new idea
    ----------------------------------
    .....which would prolly be the last one. 3 ideas are more than enough for a suggestion post imo.

Capsules : little pills that the player can consume and have various effects on him. Some of them are beneficial , some of them are just fun. Also these pills can also be made by alchemists and be usable with a certain skill in first aid. Capsules would have a rather long cd imo in order to prevent abuse.....5 or 7 min would be my pick.

i'm kinda dried up from ideas this early in the morning so i'll just post fun effects but if u have any ideas for beneficial effects that may not be or seem overpowered post em.

Unknown capsule : The guy in the old moldy laboratory who sold you this seemed legit. now don't be a wuss and drink it. (same effect as the guy with the enchantments in sen'jin village....for horde caharacters ).

if u like to comment the idea , flame it and clame it's useless or even make it better than it already is be my guest
    all critisism is welcome!

/Shando out

Re: A twist in First Aid!

thats good idea imo anyone can post it in US LK prof forums? this could be amazing stuff

if anyone else has anything to contribute to this...every idea is welcome for debate!

Sarevokcz thnx for the heads up

Quote Originally Posted by Shando
    alternative : Make's the player a walking mummy for 15 10 minutes. 30 min cd!
    noggenfogger 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

Deleted

I like your idea

Well m8....i like your ideas in the talent tree. they are inspiring and thoughtful. :P

on a side note , talents like Medic's Focus and Sudden Emergency remind me of a post i saw once from a mage which made me laugh.

"I can bandage like a woah!!, pop icy veins for faster bandaging and if the *@%# really hits the fan, BAM pom bandage, pick me "

vote for profession talent trees...it's still beta!!!! :P

Aseptic Bandage : Removes one Poison or disease effect and makes the
    target immune to the effect removed from 30 seconds.
    Yea.....that would be real fair to rogues.

Maybe if there was another one that removed a magic effect or curse and made the target immune to the effect for 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Basutai
    http://www.war-tools.com/t35285.html

read the rightmost tree. all the way thru.
    This made my day and it's only 1:30AM. Thanks.

Good Morning Everyone....!

@Batusai : Yes i'm being sarcastic i saw something funny ( in that case a first aid talent tree ) and i made a joke out of it. it's ok that you couldn't tell...most of my friends can't tell when i'm joking or being serious. and that's not always a bad thing :P

@Noxous : m8 all that is in this post are some of my suggestions to make the first aid proffession more helpfull to people that use it. to be more than restoring health. It's not like the items here are also in beta and you feel aggravated cause they are op.Suggest something of your own (increased cd , other effect etc ). don't just shoot everything down!

I heard there was 4 second bandage in game with significant healing. Not as much as 8 sec but more health per sec bandage. That`s pretty welcome change.

Yeah the Dense Frostweave Bandage restored X damage in 4 seconds instead of 8....but i'm pretty sure it got removed and it's just now a grey item. the tome to learn it that is.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=39153 ...proof...

Yeah, I would welcome any buff to bandages on my warrior. 3400 HP isn't that much at 70 with epics. Probably wont change at 80. Maybe some superbandage with twice the mats in it and 50-75% more healing. It could be on a 5 min CD for that matter.

And please, please something to remove diseases! It's not magical, so it should be possible to do with some medial skills. They're always like 30 min long and reduces stats with 50%.. Or causes dmg every 10 sec for 10 min or whatnot. And reduces healing. And kills your dog. Point is, they are very annoying and last very long.

15+ Year Old Account

One thing you should remember though about your suggestions, they won't be usable in Arena :P

But they should add the Mummy Bandage.

Manual: Mummy Bandage
    Unique
    Requires First Aid (450)
    Use: Teaches you how to make Mummy Bandage.

Mummy Bandage
    Unique
    Requires First Aid (425)
    Requires Level 68
    Use: Wraps the caster in Mummy Bandages changing your appearens
    to that of a Mummy, causing critters nearby to run away in Fear
    for the next 30 min.

Requires Ancient Cloth (20)

Ancient Cloth should then also only drop from bosses in party dungeons and/or trash/bosses from raid dungeons :P Also you must channel it for 8 sec (like full duration when using normal bandages)

Well , yes...as a matter of fact i never designed those items to be usable in arena but they should be great for regular pvp...old and new. Although i guess every item can be tweaked to feat within every game feature ( like arena...).

As for the mummy Bandage i like your tooltip and all and i like the flee in terror consept

"""Requires Ancient Cloth (20)

Ancient Cloth should then also only drop from bosses in party dungeons and/or trash/bosses from raid dungeons
    Also you must channel it for 8 sec (like full duration when using normal bandages)"""

i believe this could be discriminating against those who are enjoying the pvp aspect of the game and are not into pve that much. I think it should be more open to people. It could be a fun discovery recipe as i mentioned before or it could be a fun quest at 80 lvl for those with maxxed out fa skill ( most of us ).

Unfortunately my head is completely empty of ideas to propose now so i'll post again as soon as i have something

Realy gr8 idea Oo

15+ Year Old Account

Well , yes...as a matter of fact i never designed those items to be usable in arena but they should be great for regular pvp...old and new. Although i guess every item can be tweaked to feat within every game feature ( like arena...).

As for the mummy Bandage i like your tooltip and all and i like the flee in terror consept

"""Requires Ancient Cloth (20)

Ancient Cloth should then also only drop from bosses in party dungeons and/or trash/bosses from raid dungeons
    Also you must channel it for 8 sec (like full duration when using normal bandages)"""

i believe this could be discriminating against those who are enjoying the pvp aspect of the game and are not into pve that much. I think it should be more open to people. It could be a fun discovery recipe as i mentioned before or it could be a fun quest at 80 lvl for those with maxxed out fa skill ( most of us ).

Unfortunately my head is completely empty of ideas to propose now so i'll post again as soon as i have something

I never said Ancient Cloth was BoP :P

Sounds like a really good idea imo, makes first aid a little more fun

Paper Cloth - Combine 20 paper cloth into one Paper roll

Paper roll - Use when in need of making number two. Now you dont have to run away from a battle to find a toilet.

Sorry low Humor there but I couldnt resist!

I once drank a lava lamp.... It wasn't lava

Quote Originally Posted by Noxous
    Yea.....that would be real fair to rogues.

Maybe if there was another one that removed a magic effect or curse and made the target immune to the effect for 30 seconds.
    yea cuz poison are the only source of damage for a rogue... immune to magic effects would completely shut down a lock meanwhile you cant use crip poison.. boohoo

30 secs is OP though :P

5secs would be fine

15+ Year Old Account

@MortuariusBC

As I said before it's not useable in Arena and waste to use in World PvP, and you aren't alone in BG either so waste there also :P