Poll: do you think it will be changed beffor the 3.0 patch

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: [suggestions] Judgment of the wise

Maybe this is partly made to nerf paladin dps in pve? I mean now you pretty much gotta shove wisdom between somewhere to be able to keep going.

milk if it works that way as a raid leader i wouldnt bring more than 1 mana regen class into a raid becuase if all 3 of the classes reset each others buffs then it will be going on constantly and very few will get the full buff time. that imo isnt the way the buff should work. but thats just me.

thanks for the post kek lol i just found it on beta forums my self =]

im a protection paladin.. a PROTECTION PALADIN listen to the two words.. why the fuck would i go arround with items
    with strenght and no intellect or spellD?? the new changes in wotlk makes paladins just like any fucking other tanks.. nothing special
    anymore.. it sucks i might have gotten something wrong dunno.. but ill QQ about it anyways :P

i like to be "Unique". ofc.. they gave us Shield of rightous who scales with block value which ofc reduces our needs for spellD since
    it seems to be beeing one hell of a threat bomb, but what about my seals, Concecration, Judgement, Excorsism, and my Avengers
    shield?? those still scales with spellD and ofc the response to this would be "but your MH still will be a SpellD mace/Sword!" but
    still.. is that item enough??
    True wisdom is to look beyond your own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by warptwist
    im a protection paladin.. a PROTECTION PALADIN listen to the two words.. why the fuck would i go arround with items
    with strenght and no intellect or spellD?? the new changes in wotlk makes paladins just like any fucking other tanks.. nothing special
    anymore.. it sucks i might have gotten something wrong dunno.. but ill QQ about it anyways :P

i like to be "Unique". ofc.. they gave us Shield of rightous who scales with block value which ofc reduces our needs for spellD since
    it seems to be beeing one hell of a threat bomb, but what about my seals, Concecration, Judgement, Excorsism, and my Avengers
    shield?? those still scales with spellD and ofc the response to this would be "but your MH still will be a SpellD mace/Sword!" but
    still.. is that item enough??
    They scale with attack power as well....
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

heh, currently the "refreshment" buff gets reset when its re-applied so shadowpriests literally cannot regen mana via the talent, as they apply shadow damage more than once a second.

just pointing out that abilitity is severely alpha right now, and will be looked at alot across the board.

edit: and just to throw it out there to mull over, how about them aspect of the viper changes? If hunters have an abilitity that can refill their entire mana bar in 3 seconds, useabel whenever they want to, I think theres hope for the pink bars in the raid frames yet.

yes im begging to think that myself. it seems to me as well that it is just a place holder affect realy untill they can get a closer look at what all the classes need to fit there rolls as mana bateries

Tested it last night and it was pretty crap. Definitely won't do anything to fix the issue that Ret Paladins have at all.

Here's hoping they give it another pass
    Served steaming hot, right out of the waffle grill. With just the right amount of STFU poured on top.

yes they already said that paladins still havent gotten there (3.0) pass yet. they will probaly give some kind of affect to paladins to counter the mana problem. however if it continues im just going to socket 1/2 my gems for intel ( considering im pvp it wont hurt me that much because i just need the mana to last the fight ) but for you pve people its going to remane a problem.

i agree. at first i was slightly anoyed however i have ben watching the changes closely and have since decided that this change isnt going to be permanent judging by the response by paladins on beta ( no joke 80% of the posts for 4 pages is about the jotw change ) and blizzes response saying that this isnt a permanent thing and they know it broke ret and are going to fix it. imo sit back and relax. after the second pass i will make my desition on what im going to do class wise.

"We haven't done much work on mana generation or sustainability in part because we were working on the massive buff changes and the mana battery mechanics in general. While managing your mana is something we want you to have to consider (else why have mana at all?), ideally we don't want to balance a class around "well this guy can do a lot but runs out of mana really fast." That's not a fun mechanic."

i read bettween the lines lol ;D

something like

"We are aware of mana sustainability issue created by the change to Judgements of the Wise. Rather than mess it up twice, we are taking a little bit more time to find a new solution, so please be patient. We're trying to give you a solution that isn't hastily thrown together and even worse than the current situation."

if they'd make prominent loud posts like that, it quickly resolves the "Blizzard doesnt care for our class" complaint.

Come on ppl... It`s only few days now. When nothing is heard over 2 weeks that starts to be worrying but really ain`t it bit early to flood the paladin forums with 10 same topics?

Point was it`s too early for "they dont care" apathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisley
    something like

"We are aware of mana sustainability issue created by the change to Judgements of the Wise. Rather than mess it up twice, we are taking a little bit more time to find a new solution, so please be patient. We're trying to give you a solution that isn't hastily thrown together and even worse than the current situation."

if they'd make prominent loud posts like that, it quickly resolves the "Blizzard doesnt care for our class" complaint.
    Thing is, they have to be extremely political when they say things. They cannot just go and admit errors like that or that current design is flawed because it may end up in release as a design decision, or it may be necessary to leave it as is.

Essentially they're limited to answer like any politician does. Lots of words, no clear assertion. Otherwise it'd come back and bite them in the butt.
    Served steaming hot, right out of the waffle grill. With just the right amount of STFU poured on top.

it's like the ferals complaining about their viability as tanks while sharing gear with rogues.

it was obvious that blizz would fix it. Blizz even said they would fix it.
    But the QQ was rampant. Even now that blizz has pretty much fixed it, there's still QQ.

It's obvious that blizz will fix ret mana.

Blizzard also avoids forum cause everything they say is used out of context + flamed as hell.

I remember the last time a blue posted on the (non beta) paladin forums. He just stopped by to say hi. His posts where STILL taken out of context and flamed. It's no wonder blues don't post.

there has ben no new information about this on the beta forums. however if there is ill come an coppy paste it here.