Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Possibly the best raid spec for aff locks in WOTLK (new talent tree)

Raptorg has the best so far.
    This user has been banned.

Wether blizz does rescale the dmg output of our DoT spells or not, affliction locks are going to be endgame dps powerhouses...period. This spec here is going to be absolutely awsome. Can promise my lock will be rockin this spec for sure!

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000

but in the end destro will be the endgame pve spec

Affliction: this
    Fire destro: this (unless empowering you're imp becomes useful, haven't tested anything as I'm not in the beta)

The real problem will be the new patch speccing tbh.

Edit: should have tested the links before posting ><, updated now

15+ Year Old Account

thats your affliction specc? uhm, kay

???
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem
    thats your affliction specc? uhm, kay

???
    meh going repost did something wrong there :P those specc werent the 1's i meant to post

edit: updated them.

Quote Originally Posted by darkenrahl
    blizzard can stuff their socks :X
    as an afflilock having to renew dot and all, having to heal your pet via life funnel is stupid.. i'd rather go with imp staying passive in phase shift :P
    not to mention that felhunter's buff is useless <_>

your felhunter will end up adding a nice bit of damage with the new shadowbite not to mention it also refreshes their mana pool for your to dark pact, im not sure how expel magic works yet

your pets will also get avoidance in wotlk so unless somehow they pull threat they should take min aoe damage and benefit from all the healing from bloodknights and shadowpriests along with imp leader of the pack

everlasting afflictions makes it so you have 1 less dot to spam

as for the aura... yes it will be garbage unless you're running 5mans and have no mage or disc priest

Never saw a raid without mages, but discipline priests aren't that common. Perhaps naxx, is it all undead like kara?

Terribad spec, postmortum.

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC

your felhunter will end up adding a nice bit of damage with the new shadowbite not to mention it also refreshes their mana pool for your to dark pact, im not sure how expel magic works yet
    If you are affliction in PvE and use anything but an imp...Myabe reroll.

"Terrible spec"

How about some constructive criticism as to why and what you'd change?

You don't have full bane, Imp ISB, cataclysm, or devastation, and you also don't have any points in malediction.

Its nice to argue about things when we still have our heads in the sack, so to speak. There are still alot of things we dont know about and before we can confirm these things, its hard to say what are our best options.
    Few things that come to my mind:

1. Imp vs Felhunter. What is exactly the Imp's mana regeneration? How much damage does Felhunters Shadow Bite do? Is it enough to sustain our DP-needs? And does Felhunter do enough damage compared to the imp that it would be a DPS-loss not to use the 'hunter.

Theres also the point of Fel Armor now giving mana back. If our gear contains alot of spirit it would just tip the scales to the Felhunter more seeing as we dont have to use DP that often.

2. Malediction. How exactly those raid-stackings work? The best overrides all others? Or is it newest? Or (presumed) all stick but only the best one will apply.

3. They are changing Mind Flay to be able to crit. Its also been hinted that warlocks drain-spells will get similar treatment. Probably wont affect our PvE-performance but you never know if they are changing Drain Soul.

4. Eradication, Haunt and Everlasting Affliction will all increase our scaling to the better. But how much? And is it enough to warrant our massive use of debuff-slots.

5. I presume Shadow Embrace activates as soon as theres even one of those spells up there.

While all of those things are still unknown its hard to tell exactly where to put our points.
    That in mind i came up with something like this http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000
    Pretty basic, CoE-slut spec. Fel Concentration is there for a reason. Im using that CoE so imp CoA and Frailty are pretty pointless. DP overrides the imp.LT and Soul Siphon will probably still be bad-to-situational talent in raids. Also going to use Imp before i can get more facts about FH-synergies.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warlock=55003005000000000000000000035022200102351005510331351000000000000000000000000000 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    Terribad spec, postmortum.

If you are affliction in PvE and use anything but an imp...Myabe reroll.

in wotlk.. really? have you played beta

felhunter glyph for 20% more spellpower + shadowbite doing decent damage and restoring felhunters mana pool + the fact that shadowbite scales with our debuffs like CoE and imp sbolt

maybe reroll yourself