Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Moonkin vs affliction lock

Quote Originally Posted by Tech
    Equally Geared

Pure DPS Class > Hybrid DPS Class

At DPS, period.

I am glad Boomkins got some love, they needed it.

Blizz has already stated they are giving warlocks another pass over right now and I am confident they have some tricks up there sleeve to make us happy. This is still Beta people...

Affliction has always been the spec most most fun for me to play despite our lack of end game scaling, Shadow Bolt spam got old fast.

Lets save the flame wars until the tree's and talents are complete?

im glad they got buffed too

and this wasnt about a flame war... i was just doing a utility comparison

i believe blue might finally consider haste or crit on dots

The turkeys must burn because they are tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by ascote
    The turkeys must burn because they are tasty.
    I take high offense to that sir....

I am a chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepinglamia
    Also another reason being a female is awesome. No epeens Ah not to be controlled by my own genitalia! :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Marath
    This is a good point... do you have e-bajango or e-boobie competitions in the same way?

I like that word... e-bajango

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC

im glad they got buffed too

and this wasnt about a flame war... i was just doing a utility comparison

i believe blue might finally consider haste or crit on dots
    I completely agree.

Haste and Crit not scaling with Affliction is what killed the spec in BC. Hopefully they will find a way to allow these stats to benefit Affliction Locks in WotLK.

Such as allowing DoT's to Crit, which they have already made other DoT's capable of critting so that is a good sign, and having Haste affect the duration of our DoT's so that they do the same amount of damage but in a shorter period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech
    I completely agree.

Haste and Crit not scaling with Affliction is what killed the spec in BC. Hopefully they will find a way to allow these stats to benefit Affliction Locks in WotLK.

Such as allowing DoT's to Crit, which they have already made other DoT's capable of critting so that is a good sign, and having Haste affect the duration of our DoT's so that they do the same amount of damage but in a shorter period of time.

mind flay crits

imagine drain life and drain mana critting

and for the love of god blizzard... drain soul should be another dot/debuff

There will be one moonkin no matter what, he was going to be there for the 5% spell crit he might as well do eveything for you so you don't have to do it as a lock and can then put up curse of agony.
    That's a damage/utility ratio win right there having another damage spell up instead.

Oh NO? there is no reason to take an affliction lock to a raid?
    Currently there would be no point to taking anything other then 12-13 DK's to a raid or whatever else is doing stupid damage and no other DPS without a unique buff simply for damage.
    If all classes don't get pretty much near on same damage there is pretty much not spots for them in the game your playing with your comparison and one that has a unique buff in their spec is only getting one spot.

Quote Originally Posted by cryogenic
    There will be one moonkin no matter what, he was going to be there for the 5% spell crit he might as well do eveything for you so you don't have to do it as a lock and can then put up curse of agony.
    That's a damage/utility ratio win right there having another damage spell up instead.

Oh NO? there is no reason to take an affliction lock to a raid?
    Currently there would be no point to taking anything other then 12-13 DK's to a raid or whatever else is doing stupid damage and no other DPS without a unique buff simply for damage.
    If all classes don't get pretty much near on same damage there is pretty much not spots for them in the game your playing with your comparison and one that has a unique buff in their spec is only getting one spot.

wow you totally missed the ball on this topic...

the whole point was blizzard said theyd balance afflictions dps based on their utility... not only do we have less utility than other class specs (such as moonkin hence the comparison) but our dps has not been fixed to compensate. I know its still beta but blizzard has a track record for screwing affliction.

using curse of agony instead of CoE because a moonkin is in the raid doesnt fix the fact that affliction dps still does not scale with gear

15+ Year Old Account

Femalediction Rank 2
    Requires 3 points in Malediction
    When afflicted by Moonkin aura your damage bonus effect of your Curse of the Elements spell will gain yet another 2%.
    There, problem solved. :P
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

We'll be increasing Mind Flay's coefficient (base) by roughly 30% to start, and allow Mind Flay to crit. We may also do some tuneups to the Shadow tree as well, but as other players have mentioned the tree is really not the problem, just the base spells not scaling.

Hopefully we can get the new Mind Flay in the next build, but allowing it to crit involves rebuilding the spell completely, which may take some time.

Please tell me you're going to give Affliction similar treatment.
    Something similar, yes.

Btw elemental shamans have the exact same raid buff as our aura.

I have yet to see another class debuff for spell resistances...I may be wrong, but only CoE reduces the boss resistances...by 165 !

I'm assuming that boss resistances will scale with level (or a lock would just downrank CoE).

If a boss has 150+ SR to almost everything, that lock's CoE will almost be mandatory for 25 man raids.

That's kind of what blizzard wants to avoid.

That's kind of what blizzard wants to avoid.
    well, unless Blizz completely drops partial resists, a boss with 150+ will result in 30-40% loss in spell dps by the players...thats pretty huge.

My bet is on adding the -resist to the other similar spells or let the -resist stack with heaven and earth/ebonplague.

Quote Originally Posted by cascade
    I have yet to see another class debuff for spell resistances...I may be wrong, but only CoE reduces the boss resistances...by 165 !

I'm assuming that boss resistances will scale with level (or a lock would just downrank CoE).

If a boss has 150+ SR to almost everything, that lock's CoE will almost be mandatory for 25 man raids.

FYI most bosses have no resistances
    if they do its usually 1 school of magic and most of the time the resist is so high that CoE wont make a difference or they are immune

CoE w/malediction was needed for 1 reason only... 13% increased damage
    now 2 other classes have that among many other utility abilities

like ive been saying.. i just hope affliction gets a dps boost to compensate

Well, all bosses that had resist, coe did a HUUUUGE difference. Not so much on the immune ones.

Well, all bosses that had resist, coe did a HUUUUGE difference. Not so much on the immune ones.

id love to see a list of bosses with magical resistances and how much magic resistance they have

Well, I recall those felhunters from hyjal where coe makes a huge difference, but aside from that I can't say. Pretty much my first move is coe (my duty as an affliction lock).