Thread: Tanking spec

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Tanking spec

Yeah OK I agree with you that primal fury isn't a must have but I also agree with earlier posts and don't think 3/3 infected wounds isn't necessary (2/3 is enough). You've made the point that there's no way we'll be rage starved, so we'll be able to maul every few seconds and mangle every time it's CD is up. With a 66% chance of causing an infected wound the 2 stacks SHOULD never drop from the boss (especially since the wound lasts 12 seconds).
    I have 1 spare point floating around that I have currently put in primal fury but it will probably change.
    Current build:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...00000000000000

Ok maybe we don't have the same tooltip for Infected Wounds. Because for me not matter what rank you have it's a 100% chance to apply the debuff : rank 1/2/3 gives 6%/14%/20% attack speed reduction for a stack of 2. Maybe you're confused with an earlier build where the ranks improved the application rate instead of the attack speed reduction ?

Quote Originally Posted by KinU69
    Primal tenacity and infected wounds are kinda of useless in pve thinking about 10 man and 25 man. 1st of all no matter what build you have you shouldn't die to trash.

Predatory instincts give -15% AOE effect in you ... Includes Cleaves and Spell aoe ... you can't pass that.
    king of the jungle is very nice combined with berzerk now and then, and consider you will be using enrage every minute for more threat. 27% base armor is not that much of a big deal since in WOTLK you won't be tanking with armor.

No need for improved leader of the pack. I think it doens't stack with a shadow priest, even if it did, still not reliable. If they removed the 6 seconds cooldown ... it would have been a great pve and pvp skill.... but put those 3+3+2 point into kotj and predatory instincts.
    Also Master shapeshifter is a winner compared to rend and tear - tanking wise. it gives 4% all dmg, and rend and tear gives 10% to Maul.
    Consider you will be doing Lacerate, Mangle, Maul you get 4% increase in each wich kinda covers that 10% and on the long battles there will be a definately advantage. It will be that 2% more you always need to avoid a wipe ?

PS. When patch is on live i will try to give up feral charge and 1 point in imp swipe for 2 point in rend and tear and see how it goes.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...00000000000000 like this ..i think i will yeild interesting results.
    Your builds are without doubt the most interesting ones for Main Tanking.
    I cannot understand why there´s still people not bothering on King of The Jungle for tanking.

Hmm... I have no idea why but this computer still shows 33% 66% 100% but on my other computer it shows the same tooltip as you.. on the same site... weird
    If your one is the right and its the 6% 14% 20% reduced attack speed one then I completely agree with you.
    is the build to go in 10's imo (haven't considered 25's, i guess it would more depend on how the other druid(s) is/are specced)

I didn't put points into king of the jungle because I never use enrage in combat. I'm not a fan of reducing my mitigation just to produce some extra rage. But that's just me.

King of the jungle is good but not as good as other talents. I would like to have KotJ but where do you take the points to have it ? (from this build : http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...00000000000000)

The question is really between survivability and TPS. I don't think we'll have any problems with our TPS so you should really spec in survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawf
    Hmm... I have no idea why but this computer still shows 33% 66% 100% but on my other computer it shows the same tooltip as you.. on the same site... weird
    [...]
    I didn't put points into king of the jungle because I never use enrage in combat. I'm not a fan of reducing my mitigation just to produce some extra rage. But that's just me.
    Then you should erase the cache of your browser :-)

Same for me, the King of the Jungle talent doesn't seem really usable in a raid boss fight. Do you really want to lose armor for a few seconds ? 2 unlucky big hits and you'll regret that enrage :-)

Koumaru

No need for improved leader of the pack. I think it doens't stack with a shadow priest, even if it did, still not reliable. If they removed the 6 seconds cooldown ... it would have been a great pve and pvp skill....
    In 25-mans, maybe. In 5- and 10-man runs, it seems to be a very underappreciated talent on these boards.

If they removed the cooldown, however, it wouldn't just be "a great pve and pvp skill." It would be absolutely broken outside of non-25-man content.

Five-target swipe spam, critting on two to three targets per use...assume you have over 30,000 health. Result: over 2,000 health per second healed.

Remove the cooldown? Heck no. But a reduction would be very, very, very nice. How does two to three seconds sound as opposed to six?

Quote Originally Posted by Shery
    Your builds are without doubt the most interesting ones for Main Tanking.
    I cannot understand why there´s still people not bothering on King of The Jungle for tanking.
    KotJ is not good for tanking because druids are still the mitigation tank. Our avoidance is so shit that if we reduce our armor by a set % we are asking for unlucky chain hits killing us.

RnT is out for the council because as its been stated 10% for maul isn't really a huge boost considering you can't always maul due to rage issues.

The question is really between survivability and TPS. I don't think we'll have any problems with our TPS so you should really spec in survivability.
    I'm not too sure about that comment. We seem to be having trouble with TPS as we progress because we have no strength (while it is our best threat stat after expertise).

Exactly as mine but I'll change ImpLoP with Precision.

Quote Originally Posted by joshzoladz
    Why master shapeshifter?
    Why infected wounds?

would be my spec of choice, 15% aoe avoidance and 10% crit damage is better than cheaper shifts and 4% physical damage.

I'm also not sold on ilotp.
    Very, very nice for leveling, but for tanking, it's generally in the neighborhood of 90% overheal.
    Nice to have, but hardly essential, to me it's pretty much a tossup between that and shredding attacks for when I OT and need to do some kitty damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightcrowler
    Exactly as mine but I'll change ImpLoP with Precision.
    What is the change that on any encounter where it's needed you won't have another class to do the attack speed debuffing for you?

If I find later on that I only ever tank with DKs and we never bring DPS warriors I guess I'll spec it, but until then there are better places to spend those points.

Koumaru

Quote Originally Posted by Prandur
    If I find later on that I only ever tank with DKs and we never bring DPS warriors I guess I'll spec it, but until then there are better places to spend those points.
    And I'm sure they'll be overjoyed to drop 16 rage (and 3 talent points of theirs) on Thunderclap every 30 seconds in their dps rotations, when you could generate the same effect with your normal rotation at no additional rage cost and still make use of the ability in 5- and 10-man content.

Yeah I did not even notice I did not have Thick Hide maxed...I also would not give that up.

Quote Originally Posted by ajthebest1
    KotJ is not good for tanking because druids are still the mitigation tank. Our avoidance is so shit that if we reduce our armor by a set % we are asking for unlucky chain hits killing us.
    KotJ means a 27% reduction of our BASE armor. Thats a marginal reduction for the increase of TPS you get from this talent. Stackintg a Maul with enrage and a Mangle means an instant load of aggro in just 2 seconds. Not to mention the usefulness of enrage in trash.

Koumaru

For all practical purposes, Protector of the Pack is now a 1-point talent. Time to update all of these specs.

And if I may say so, hell yeah! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Koumaru
    For all practical purposes, Protector of the Pack is now a 1-point talent. Time to update all of these specs.

And if I may say so, hell yeah! ;D
    Seems like a typo is my bet. Unable to test immediately.

Other than some things that round such as Thick Hide, how many talents grant skills in uneven proportions like that?