Thread: Mother Bear

Mother Bear

Is there any restriction on distance for my group members to give me -12% ?

Maybe it's not that important, but I would find it very strange if I just pick 4 guys in my group while I quest, even if the guys are not in my zone !

And if group members just need to be in my zone, but can be at any distance, it would be a very nice talent for battlegrounds.

(well in both battlegrounds and quest/farm you don't spend that much time in bear, but still...)

Re: Mother Bear

who quests in bear form?

you only do it for elites/groups that are hard to solo... at which time it's very normal to find a group.

You haven't heard of the new feral druid plans to level together?.....

5 feral bear druids! Baerz baerz baerz....

Well then consider 5v5 arena: is it planned that bear form can be more effective in 5v5 than in 2v2 ?

(ok, there is and will most probably be no feral in 5v5)

bear in 2v2?

Quote Originally Posted by Maenetus
    who quests in bear form?

you only do it for elites/groups that are hard to solo... at which time it's very normal to find a group.
    There is still no downside to having a group just in case you get extra adds on a difficult quest boss or something

I have a question about this talent. Do your party members have to be close to you? Or can you be grouped up with a friend who's leveling in the Barrens while you're leveling in Howling Fjord and still get the damage reduction?

Range being around LotP's seems most likely, or maybe even it's from people affected by LotP

Quote Originally Posted by Guran
    There is still no downside to having a group just in case you get extra adds on a difficult quest boss or something
    Correct there is no downside...to having a group. The downside is in finding a group and then organizing quest completion.

Not that many people actually group while questing unless it's for a boss quest or the like.

Also, it's not that big a deal either. Rarely do I ever have to hit up bear form for solo questing and when I do I still end up having plenty of life. The change is an overall buff imo. We now have MORE dmg in bear which is great for PvP and threat, especially for multiple targets. More importantly than that it gives us a straight out 15% mitigation to magic dmg, somthing we didn't have before.

The downsides. 2v2 and 3v3 arena will be at a slight disadvantage vs a 5v5 team.
    Its forcing us to spend talent points to replace mitigation(physical) that we had anyway

I propose it be a 10% mitigation to dmg all the time if specced for it. I could even go for dropping the AP bonus, although with a lot less strg on leather gear, we may need it.

Mother Bear will protect you all!

Well, seeing as LotP is a prereq for Mother Bear, I assume that the LotP aura is the check.

Koumaru

Quote Originally Posted by Shuror
    Well, seeing as LotP is a prereq for Mother Bear, I assume that the LotP aura is the check.
    Now I'm just riding on a chain of "what ifs" here, but if the LotP buff is the check, could bugs creep into the system in a 5-man group with more than one feral bear?

If that's the case, then probably bugs will creep in and we'll have a nice little buff there until it's fixed in the next hot patch, hehe...

Koumaru

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshifter
    If that's the case, then probably bugs will creep in and we'll have a nice little buff there until it's fixed in the next hot patch, hehe...
    I was implying more the opposite. Two bears are in a group, their aura does not stack, and due to some unanticipated flaw in the code, one bear gets his/her 15% mitigation and the other one just goes squish.

Edti: tyPoZ luLZ