How to Fix Beacon of Light

Keep the old effect and turn the new effect into a new spell.

Case closed.

Do this and I'll keep my paladin around.

If your out of the loop, the old Beacon of Light says:
    The target becomes a Beacon of Light, healing all party or raid members within 10 yards for 2000 over 15 sec.

The new Beacon of Light says:
    The target becomes a Beacon of Light to all targets within a 40 yard radius. Any heals you cast on those targets will also heal the Beacon for 100% of the amount healed.

Is it really too much to ask for both?

Re: How to Fix Beacon of Light

to be honest the old BoL was only really useful in certain situations, if BoL stayed as the previous skill, im sure most paladins would do the healing but 20 od points in retri for the sheathe of light talent as the HoT from there was much MUCH better than the BoL one, personally i thought the original BoL was WAY too mana inefficient.

this new BoL has more more interest as actually being usable in a raid situation. Also, if you want a AoE heal of Sorts, get the Glyph of Holy Light, much better and more mana efficient

~Barky~
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Heres how I see it:
    In arena as a paladin you get locked down way too easy.

So to get around it you need a type of hot. That's what the old beacon of light brought us (even if it needed small tweaking)

Now the new beacon is nice for PvE to help the tank, but it dosn't help as much as the old beacon in PvP. Just a simple counter spell or interrupt effect can ruin the whole effect of the new beacon.

Obviously having a hot for 2k was too over powered combined with the new effect. :

Quote Originally Posted by Moosterm
    Obviously having a hot for 2k was too over powered combined with the new effect. :
    If other classes can be overpowered, why can't we? It's not like I'm the ret paladin yelling at blizzard :

Quote Originally Posted by Galash
    If other classes can be overpowered, why can't we?
    lol.. cos then by definition the other classes would then be underpowered compared to us. No class should be OP, they aim for balance..

i think both the old and the new BoL are pretty cool, no preference really as i'v not played with either.. just cool to get something new and abit different

I like the new BoL, you can heal someone else without being in Line of Sight of that person. You can avoid dangerous situations by hiding behind a wall, pillar, or where ever and still heal your primary target as long as someone else is within range and 40 yards is pretty far off.

The problem with the new Beacon of Light is it can be dispelled thus leaving the effect useless of you can be shut down with cyclone, fears, stuns, etc so you can't even help the other target.

Also on another thread someone told me it would be overpowered since you could pop both at the same time. But because of how Blizzard set it up right now, it would be too much mana to use both at the same time.