LWing for elemental in wotlk

im trying to decide right now wether i should drop mining for leatherworking for wotlk..not sure if this has been posted yet to lazy to look but if it has please link me to the correct forum

currently im mining/jewel crafting and i have alts w/ mining at 375 and an alt w/ 375 skinning and LWing already but now that they added the new BoP bracer enchant

Fur Lining - Spell Damage -- Permanently enchant bracers to increase spell power by 70. Can only be used on the leatherworker's bracers, and doing so will cause them to become soulbound.

i dont kno if they have added any of the epic leatherworking patterns in yet or not or if there has been any leak on them what so ever but just trying to decide wether it would be worth dropping mining on my shaman and picking up leatherworking and keeping jewelcrafting and then mining and skinning stuff on alts to get mats for stuff?

Re: LWing for elemental in wotlk

Will be interesting to see which professions will be OP. I've noticed there haven't been any real updates on tailoring or enchanting yet. Maybe because they're trying to decrease the number of chanters and tailors?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko
    I think i might drop herb come wotlk on my shaman for LW'ing

IDK though. I have to see how everything pans out and where each profession is.
    Leatherworking is always worth it (in my opinion). We get drums, leg enchantments and now wrist enchants. Heres to hoping we can sell some of our craftable gear in WotLK.

Drop mining and learn Incription on your char if you want to be an elemental shaman :P

- Glyph - Flametongue Weapon 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Increases spell critical strike chance by 2% while Flametongue Weapon is active.
    - Glyph - Lightning Bolt 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Reduces the cost of your Lightning Bolt ability by -10%.
    - Glyph - Flame Shock 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Increases the range on your Flame Shock ability by 10 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko
    I think i might drop herb come wotlk on my shaman for LW'ing

IDK though. I have to see how everything pans out and where each profession is.
    I wouldn't drop herb until I made loads and LOADS of gold from the new herbs.
    I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeris
    Drop mining and learn Incription on your char if you want to be an elemental shaman :P

- Glyph - Flametongue Weapon 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Increases spell critical strike chance by 2% while Flametongue Weapon is active.
    - Glyph - Lightning Bolt 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Reduces the cost of your Lightning Bolt ability by -10%.
    - Glyph - Flame Shock 01 (Shaman) (Class: Shaman) - Increases the range on your Flame Shock ability by 10 yards.

you can get those even without being Insc. as Insc. u will prolly be able use one more major glyph, but i suspect our ToW glyph wont stack with ImkA, so it will be pointless, its more like i will take ES glyph, with 0,5s GCD it could be extremely good dps increase, or WS/LS depending on our manaconservation

With the lavaburst which crits if flameshock debuff is on the Es will be useless I think. Probably the best rotation will be Fs Cl LB LB LaB. So if the 3 glyphs I posted in my previus post are major glyphs the best profession for an elemental shaman is Incription, if just 2 of them are major you have right. (Sorry for my poor english :P).

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...30909&sid=2000
    15th post, look how amazing LvB is :P

I think the 2 rotations are wrong Tbh.

He did LB LB LB LB +CL is ok if you have an hig amount of haste ok, but usual the rotation should be LB LB LB CL, but the second rotation he did is Fs LB LB LB LB LaB instead of Fs CL LB LB LaB to cover the 8 seconds of the cd of the spell. But is just a theory I should Try it in the ptr.

with WoA and normal gear u have haste, at which point waiting for CL CD to finish up is, well, not that interesting

also, both LvB rotations are wrong, u cannot use LvB and right after FS, since LvB has traveltime and u wouldnt get any use of FS dot - instantly eaten new FS instead of old one, u have to squeze between those 2 spells Cl, or, due to haste, preferably LB

anyway, even if max dps rotation would be bit more dps over standart one, i have a feeling, that with better gear and due to fact, that LB scales better than LvB (2,5s coef + SEF vs 2s coef and only lavaflows) u will hit certain SP level, at which point LvB will be inferior to use with FS than LB + CL