Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Needed Enhance Improvements

Quote Originally Posted by Daranon
    I believe that if shamans were given something to just counter stuns we would be ok. The problems i see with shamans are that we have a lack a lot of survivability needed in order to be effective in pvp.
    Strongly agree with this part.

As for your other points.. #1 seems like it'd be a bit too powerful to me. Improved Ghost Wolf and Spectral Transformation are both very good talents. It seems unrealistic that they would combine two very strong effects into one all-powerful talent, and then make it even stronger.. I actually think Druid's Shapeshifting always removing snares/slows is a bit overpowered, so this definitely would be.

#2, I don't really see any reason these two abilities should be combined.. They both provide two mediocre survivability effects, and I can't really see any build they would fit into as anything other than filler. Though making them into one talent might make it more likely to be taken, I don't see a point to this being done. Anticipation has never really been all that great, and it still isn't. (Shamans getting disarmed?) Toughness is also pretty much obsolete with Spectral Transformation/Improved Ghost Wolf. So why a Shaman would be considering either of these talents is beyond me.

#3, I really don't see the point in this either. If a Shaman "taunt" was ever really necessary, Frost Shock as it is, is adequate enough to provide that. I actually like Wind Shock as well, not because of the spell interrupt (which is pretty unnecessary since it shares a cooldown with earth shock anyway) but for the threat reduction. As a Shaman who has mostly played & raided as Resto, I can't being to express my frustration at not having a threat reducing ability.. I mean you just have to face it that you're not always going to get a perfect tank who can hold everything forever and always grab something in time.. So this is definitely a welcome change to me. I do agree the spell interrupt is pretty unnecessary. In PvE I can hardly see many situations where you're going to need a threat reducer and an interrupt at the same time on the same mob.. And in PvP, if you're going to interrupt it might as well be with damage (aka Earth Shock). It's not a bad second effect, just not the most practical in my opinion.

I'm not trying to flame you, and I do agree that Shamans greatly lack survivability. Hopefully this will change in PvE with Wind Shock, and as for PvP.. well just hope we can take somebody down before they get a chance to use their bazillion stuns/fears/freezes/insta-win buttons/etc

i think enhance shamans need a heal debuff

Quote Originally Posted by Miranger
    WTB a maul attack that basically hits harder on ur next main hit with a cooldown... but at least add another direct melee attack but no we get another wrothless shock... gg
    At the cost of what? Mana? How is that practical?

Druids and Warriors only have HS/Maul as a rage dump. Neither one of them provide a significant increase in threat/dps.

Shaman don't need anything that replaces a white swing with a yellow one, because we have no spare rage to dump. If you want a Maul ability, go roll a warrior.

Also, anything that reduces your already bloated threat generation is good, not worthless.
    I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out.

15+ Year Old Account

Im curious as to why we need a whole new shock instead of just adding lowered threat to Earth Shock? Maybe it's just me but Mana isn't a huge issue considering all the tools we have to get it back.

I know i'd love a weaker Melee move that decreases armor or something. I just wonder why in our Melee spec we only this one attack? is Earth Shock and random Windfury Procs supposed to make up for it?

Because using up to 500 mana just to interupt isn't always optimal. And I said this before, and will say it again. Threat reduction.

If ES is the only other active ability you use as enhancement, well.... your just bad.
    I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Im curious as to why we need a whole new shock instead of just adding lowered threat to Earth Shock? Maybe it's just me but Mana isn't a huge issue considering all the tools we have to get it back.

I know i'd love a weaker Melee move that decreases armor or something. I just wonder why in our Melee spec we only this one attack? is Earth Shock and random Windfury Procs supposed to make up for it?
    wind shock is great the way they introduced it, you have 6 sec cd(untalented, unglyphed) between shocks, and it up to you if you want to spend them on interupt+dmg, slow+dmg, dot, or interupt+thread reduction

with malestrom weapon and imp ss, we dont need any other melee. 8 sec cd between ss(7 with pvp set bonus) will be good