Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Why Justin Gross won't be returning as Arthas...

what do you mean by pointless ?

define ; pointless, please

Quote Originally Posted by Gyroslave
    what do you mean by pointless ?

define ; pointless, please
    To drift away even further: You know the "guy" giving the voice to Naruto is a 36y old woman? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nathael
    To drift away even further: You know the "guy" giving the voice to Naruto is a 36y old woman? :P
    omfg loooool

im kinda scared right now ;D
    but you know what i´m trying to say :P

but you know what i´m trying to say :P
    Uhm... no. Are you trying to figure out that voice actors need more respect? I cant see any connection between japanese pop culture and economy here...

well , my english kinda sucks so i cant type a wall of text that clarifies my statement. sorry :-[

EDIT

i tried to find words but i just cant oO

To drift away even further: You know the "guy" giving the voice to Naruto is a 36y old woman?
    MOST of all the anime voice acting is done by women.. for both the male and female characters

Quote Originally Posted by infinitis
    MOST of all the anime voice acting is done by women.. for both the male and female characters
    ... if they are young and/or their characteristics allow it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathael
    Only 36? she sounds way older than that. Y'know,like an 87 year old with a severe smoking problem, Irritates the hell out of me ^^;

I've always been a huge fan of voice actors-- they make or break a product like this. Imagine watching the TBC cinematic and hearing Illidan with an untuned voice. It just doesn't come together. That's why I think a lot of the comments suggesting that this is no loss, or that the guy is a fool for not taking a cheap gig are uninformed and stupid.

Voice acting is an industry. Would you say that a lawyer who refuses to take on a client for free is stupid? No. Because you pay what the person deserves, and what they're worth-- in this case, that sum was not shown. I think it's great that this guy took the time to respond to you, and it's great that he's standing up for fair treatment of voice actors.

*sigh*

While we are at it: You like chicken? Tastes great!

Due to the new response before me:
    I've always been a huge fan of voice actors-- they make or break a product like this. Imagine watching the TBC cinematic and hearing Illidan with an untuned voice. It just doesn't come together. That's why I think a lot of the comments suggesting that this is no loss, or that the guy is a fool for not taking a cheap gig are uninformed and stupid.
    Like you said Mr. Gross created a product. You know the law of supply and demand? Certainly it looks like the work of Mr. Gross isn't appreciated anymore. Whose fault is it? The guys developing the game millions of people play or the people caring only for the E-Sport stuff giving a shit about lore and stuff?

On another site the admin made a post calling Lordaeron "Loraedon"... Seriously, who really cares for the lore? I feel lonely :-[

I'm with you. I play the game for the fun of it, not for "huge shiny swords." Part of that fun is the environment, and that is a product of the in-game music, the voice acting, the graphics, the writing... All of the fields take a lot of effort.

Or I guess you could be like these guys and just grind pixels in a basement 8 hours a day? I prefer my method, though.

Honestly reading this thread makes me very sad. Anyone who is not in the "voice acting" field should not comment on the value of voice actors. I know everyone wants to put their two cents in but, seriously, sometimes people should just keep their mouths shut.

The basic rules of being involved in business is this:

When you work for a company you make a certain amount of money. If that business then grows and earns much larger revenues and asks for you to once again work for them, the compensation should increase with it. Blizzard needs to remember that its developers and voice actors are what made the warcraft series popular. When you start shunning the people who helped build your empire, the empire crumbles.

If you dont think a workers value increases as the business increases then please come work for me. Ill be happy to employ you for the same rate over your lifetime regardless of inflation and how much money you make for me
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogard
    Honestly reading this thread makes me very sad. Anyone who is not in the "voice acting" field should not comment on the value of voice actors. I know everyone wants to put their two cents in but, seriously, sometimes people should just keep their mouths shut.
    i bet my steel-hardened greek ass 8) the thread creater isnt a voice actor either , does this make the thread considered "useless" or "pointless" ?

thanks for ur constructive comment though

Regarding TerryBogards' post:

It's easy to say "You have no idea". In fact Mr. Gross doesn't work for Blizz - he was hired. He isn't hired anymore, they took someone else. Like a car manufacturer decides to change the tire deliverer.

Voice acting may be the holiest art ever - I can't value that because I'm no voice actor - but it's also the most useless art if it isn't needed...

Regardless this I'm on your side: I don't like the quality loss of aspects of the game I also love very much. But I accept it. It's a minor loss. Most voice actors in WoW act very good - lets hope the new actor is good as well.

As I don't know anything about Mr. Gross I couldn't care less about his future. It seems he is fine though. Are you caring for anybody you don't know losing his job or life? For real?

Some of you really need to get Blizzard's nuts off your chin.

I know quite a few people in the film industry and have done some work myself (mainly as a body double and extra, but a couple of speaking roles) so I'm somewhat familiar with how the whole payscale thing works.

If what he's saying is true, Blizzard is absolutely fucking dispicable and what they offered him is an insult. As far as "Oh but he's only a voice actor", well he's providing the voice for the MAIN CHARACTER that the entire game is NAMED after ie: Wrath of the Lich King.WoW is a billion dollar enterprise, so it's not like they're being forced to cut corners to break even.

CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

i bet my steel-hardened greek ass 8) the thread creater isnt a voice actor either , does this make the thread considered "useless" or "pointless" ?

thanks for ur constructive comment though
    Ahh but where your argument fails is you didnt read the original post. The original poster never place a value on the voice actor, he only relaid the information that Arthas' voice would not be done by the same voice actor. It was all the other posters after the thread creator that tried to place judgment.

But ty for caring so much about what i posted
    Definition of useless -

A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogard
    Ahh but where your argument fails is you didnt read the original post. The original poster never place a value on the voice actor, he only relaid the information that Arthas' voice would not be done by the same voice actor. It was all the other posters after the thread creator that tried to place judgment.

But ty for caring so much about what i posted
    well , i guess i am screwed now :-[ . ill take it like a man *bends over*

well , i guess i am screwed now :-[ . ill take it like a man *bends over*
    ROFL we all make mistakes... no biggie :P
    Definition of useless -

Seriously, this guy is huge in the realm of commercial V.O. work.

If Blizzard isn't willing to pay a fair wage for the job they offered, it's their own &$@*ing loss. I'm sure Mr. Gross won't be crying himself to sleep over it. Not with what Nokia, Comcast and Saturn have to be paying him per spot.

I have to say

Arthas's new voice is good.

it's deeper, and darker
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?