Thread: Mind flay crit

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mind flay crit

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=3&sid=2000#41

"We'll be increasing Mind Flay's coefficient (base) by roughly 30% to start, and allow Mind Flay to crit. We may also do some tuneups to the Shadow tree as well, but as other players have mentioned the tree is really not the problem, just the base spells not scaling.

Hopefully we can get the new Mind Flay in the next build, but allowing it to crit involves rebuilding the spell completely, which may take some time."

Awesome.

Re: Mind flay crit

very awesome.
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyk
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=3&sid=2000#41

"We'll be increasing Mind Flay's coefficient (base) by roughly 30% to start, and allow Mind Flay to crit. We may also do some tuneups to the Shadow tree as well, but as other players have mentioned the tree is really not the problem, just the base spells not scaling.

Hopefully we can get the new Mind Flay in the next build, but allowing it to crit involves rebuilding the spell completely, which may take some time."

Awesome.
    F*** YES!!!!

That made my day.

now that's nice, still have my SP at 59.. eventually couldn't really go on, didn't seem worth it, maybe after seeing the results to this..
    it's about time mind flay will become a decent nuke.. it always just "tickles" me in PvP it's quite pathetic

and lol @ the druid in the thread >.<

That should calm some shadowy nerves.
    I'm sure other classes will follow suit shortly.
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

15+ Year Old Account

(We'll be increasing Mind Flay's coefficient (base) by roughly 30% to start)
    that mean base damg is incressed by 30%? or wha?

Spell damage = base damage + coefficient * spellpower.

Coefficient was raised by .3 - it means the spell will scale better with gear.

Or maybe it means the coefficient was raised by 30% of what it used to be (which is about .57, if I remember, which would bring it to about .74 - not as good as .87, but still better than it is now)

Wickeeeed

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm on for Shadow at 80 in WotLK, tbh! :P

Khody

This change just gave me motivation to level a priest. Awesome.

Something similar might mean that instead of criting per se, Dots/Hots might get a % multiplier based on crit. I mean considering resilience modifies dots by a % down. Fair is fair right?

Of course in all fairness for this to actually happen the base damage would have to be nerfed at least slightly. Also I don't think many people would mind if it means shadowpriests could actually use crit. Scaling>Base damage.

Quote Originally Posted by yiffinhell

Many don't, but I really like the refocusing from mana battery with subpar dps to (hopefully) competitive dps with mana battery on the side.
    I think the main argument against this is that it makes Spriest less...unique. For progression in TBC a few Spriests were a major requirement. Now that their role as mana battery is being supported by other classes, we can only hope, as you say, that spriest DPS is improved to compensate.

This is definitely a step in the right direction... however it still irks me that blizzard create rules for spell coefficents and then break those rules for particular spells/abilities.

If they simply kept every spell with the correct coefficent then everything would scale appropriately. If they feel there is a need to artificially change a coefficent surely this indicates that the base damage/ability/mechanic is broken and instead of breaking coefficent rules to fix it why aren't they fixing the damage/ability/mechanic that is the problem?

MF should have a coefficent of 3/3.5 = 0.857, at the moment it has a coefficent of 0.59 (it might be 0.57) so by increasing the coefficent by 30% it's going to be around 0.767 which is still below what it should be. I believe the reason why the coefficent was artifically changed was due to the snare mechanic and the belief that the spell for it's mana cost would be OP to keep the regulation coefficent. My response to that is that MF has a range of only 20yds (untalented), is a channeled spell and has a 0 chance to crit. IMO these drawbacks provide an adequete counter balance for it's mana cost. If developers disagree they could always alter the mana cost or adjust the snare mechanic accordingly.

The same goes for SW:P which doesn't recieve it's correct coefficent which should be 18/15 = 1.2 but instead receives 1.1 (from memory). Again why break the coefficent rules? it just results in poor scaling, if the ability is OP adjust it's mana cost or mechanic.

In short spriests should recieve the correct coefficent for their spells and changing MF to allow it to crit would help alleviate poor crit scaling as the idea in WotLK is to standardise itemisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    In short spriests should recieve the correct coefficent for their spells and changing MF to allow it to crit would help alleviate poor crit scaling as the idea in WotLK is to standardise itemisation.
    MF will crit.

great change, well deserved, gz shadowpriests

also Worshaka: u got incredibly nice boost but u still cry about it? yea, its coef is not what u think it should be, adn that prolly wont justify raidspot yet, but just got boosted! no sidenerfs or anything, plain and simple boost

now, while we are at it, any word of giving back our old LB coeficient, which was already nerfd 2times?

Indeed great news, now gief more good updates...

I am still unemployed in WOTLK as it is now...

GOGO Blizzard

ye that is nice will go lvl my 42 sp now :P
    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Calling Mindflay a defense is like calling, excuse the language, slicing your anus open with a knife a defensive move against surprise buttsecks.
    http://wow.allakhazam.com/wiki/pre-naxx_holy_paladin_guide_(wow)

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd
    I would love if MF was included in Shadow Power though.
    I'm sure Mages wouldn't :P

all the earlier changes made me finally level my priest (only class I hadn't leveled past 40), this is just the icing on the cake
    since even in outland greens you can really notice the terrible scaling

Wonder when we see first post like this

"WTF BLIZZARD I DONT WANT MY MINDFLAY TO TURN INTO ARCANE MISSILES!!!!! I LIKE BEING UNIQUE!!! CRAP BUT UNIQUE!!"

It`s only question of time.

If it only did proc improved spirit tap to, i would be a happy smurf. Improved spirit tap should proc from all crits, like vengance for Pallys
    Still, our class still need buffs to our raw fast DPS. Damage done is better with this, but pure and fast DPS? We still need some abilities to get our DPS up fast...