Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Am i crazy or are we then new best single target healers?

Ie. build like this http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...00000000000000

Unholy dk to give presence.
    Glyph for healing touch.

Maybe not enought to keep tank up alive but definately good pair with sheat of light paladin to keep tank up and running. You keep hots running and spam healing touch while getting extra 1% cheaper casts for sheat of light as well.

flourish, reju, 3x lifebloom and sheat of light for 6% cheaper healing touch and then just spam away.

Quote Originally Posted by Merin
    Spamming max rank Regrowth isn't going to be the choke-worthy offense it was prior, but it's still stupid, and it's still a complete waste and you'll still wind up far inferior.

Also; fuck you for suggesting it anyway. I don't know about the swarms of rerolled kiddies (LOL I CNA PUSH TRVL FORM), but I spent my time in AQ40/Naxx casting a single fucking spammable heal all night and I'd prefer not to go back to that, ever, thanks. I STILL HAVE NIGHTMARES OF R4 HEALING TOUCH.
    Calm down bro, you got to use HoTs on Maexxna right?

to the OP - are you talking about lvl 70 or 80? judging from 7k regrowth it looks more like 80. on 80 it prolly wont be that much. u could expect palas to do normal HLs for like 10k and critting for 15. i think palas will still be better.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Warcraft
    Yes, you are missing something. You are missing the fact that you aren't the only healing class that got buffs and despite everything you've said, Paladins are still the most powerful single target healers. Have you even looked at their buffs? To name but a few...

- Critical heals from Holy Shock, which is now on a 40 yard healing range and 6 second cooldown, make your next Holy Light instant-cast.
    - Beacon of Light, their 51-point Holy talent, basically lets them double their effective healing if more than one target is taking serious damage.
    - Sheath of Light, a new Retribution talent they can get if they forgo a few abilities in the Holy tree, adds a 60% HoT to any critical heal they land.
    - Judgements, which are now on a 30 yard range for Holy Paladins, increase their casting speed by 10% for 30 seconds.

And they still have all their pre-WotLK skills, including mana back from critical heals.

Basically, in Wrath, a naked Holy Paladin can pop his Avenging Wrath and Divine Favor and land a critical heal for 11,524, plus 6,914 HoT, plus 1,154 AoE from his glyph. And he can land that heal in 2.5 seconds flat, 2.25 seconds with Judgements of the Pure, 1.75 seconds with Judgements of the Pure and Light's Grace and instantly with Infusion of Light. And all that heal costs him with Illumination is 11% of base mana.

Again, that is naked, with zero spell power and zero haste. What do you think would happen if we gave this Paladin some gear?

This is cute and all....

To bad Avenging Wrath has ZERO effect on healing done.

I stand corrected... and am fucking ecstatic

all those updates somehow look like heavy boost to healers in general.

i mean, what druids get in wotlk is insane - lifebloom duration increased to 10 secs together with 1 sec global cd. flourish for great raid healing and nourish for spam healing. all this may greatly increase druid's efficiency in raid healing. i may be too enthusiastic, maybe it wont scale so well, maybe spells will get nerfs.

but if stays so good, and if other healing classes get similar love this could solve problem that i hate in raiding - lack of healers. maybe we wont need 10 healers anymore in raid. maybe 6-7 will be enough to keep raid up and encounters will require more effort from dpsers. this would end "not enough healers today - no raid" and "we have 8 healers, will be way easier if we take 10" issues
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

why afraid? its good. single target healing was what palas exceled in

Its funny that you say that

Hots of a druid
    CH from shamans on melee wich in som cases hit warrior as well (eredar twins for example)

makes us palas have lots overhealing as well
    1700 flash of light non crit on a non Bkessing of light target doesnt cut it on SWP
    so you start using HL more often but how many times (except of Muru)
    will your HL heal for its total amount without it being a 50/60% overheal

was testing yesterday with my friend shaman
    his CH cos like 369 mana heals for 3700 - 4k non crit on 1 target ( not beneficial but still) but can heal 3 targets.

a palas FoL costs 180 mana heals for half the healing and only heals 1 target

druids and priests are amazing raid healers but MT is also a part of the raid so ^^

palas usualy have a huge amount of overhealing

Quote Originally Posted by joshzoladz
    before i get flamed look at my build

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...00000000000000

Living seed

When you gain a critical effect from your Swiftmend, Regrowth, Nourish or Healing Touch spell you have a 100% chance to plant a Living Seed on the target for 30% of the amount healed. The Living Seed will bloom when the target is next attacked. Lasts 15 sec

now... so with no cooldown.... that means if my regrowth crits 60% of the time for 7k.. then ill be healing for 3k with the seed ,wich has no internal cooldown... plus

nature,s grace....

All spell criticals grace you with a blessing of nature, reducing the casting time of your next spell by 0.5 sec.

so its now totally spamable....

plus if ya got the 65 less mana trinket for regrowth from SSC then its defenalty spammable...

with all that and some lifeblooms thrown in when spamming is not needed...

not to mention swift mend....

or natures swiftness... 2 druids could duo heal a tank on a 80 raid boss?

is that not insane?

and am i missing something?
    "Am i crazy or are we then new best single target healers?"
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Val3rim
    palas usualy have a huge amount of overhealing
    Dumb paladins do. I top meters and i'm in a Sunwell guild, the lowest I am on meters is 3rd, 1st being highest. I am always lowest on overhealing too because I pay attention and don't just heal people for no reason.

If you ask me, Shamans are the worst at Overheal, but they can't really help it and well their mana regen is so ridiculous it doesn't even matter.

In regards to single target healers, it's really hard to say, as this expansion is no where near done and we won't really be able to tell until that first raid but I will tell you this, the new Beacon of Light = Binding heal on crack...

But time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by meroko
    Dumb paladins do. I top meters and i'm in a Sunwell guild, the lowest I am on meters is 3rd, 1st being highest. I am always lowest on overhealing too because I pay attention and don't just heal people for no reason.

If you ask me, Shamans are the worst at Overheal, but they can't really help it and well their mana regen is so ridiculous it doesn't even matter.

In regards to single target healers, it's really hard to say, as this expansion is no where near done and we won't really be able to tell until that first raid but I will tell you this, the new Beacon of Light = Binding heal on crack...

But time will tell
    dumb paladins do? rofl are you the only healer than
    And i bet you are lucky enough you get SP and resto shaman in group as well?

there is no way you outheal a resto shaman/druid/priest without the proper support
    most shamans have like 400 haste rating a sp in their group by the time a pala cast 1 heal
    he casted 2 and healed 6 people

i simply dont go haste because me as pala never get the benefit of SP and resto shaman in group

i will tell you this: skill as pala means: only cast HL for 6 min on Muru without SP en resto shaman with the less possible overheal, wich you hardly have on that encounter anyway, and totally control over your mana.

but calling palas dumb because they overheal is ....

if you dont overheal means that other healers in your group slack end of story
    if you have Hots ticking on your tank renews heals from other classes
    therE will be allways a big chance you will overheal

and healing people for no reason is also such a weird comment
    offcourse you dont heal people for no reason but can you tell like in advance wether tank is gonna get huge burst????
    example brutallus when a tank taunts are you gonna wait till he gets 8k damage to starting healing or watch and wait healing hoping he will dodge the hit...

i heal him regardless wether he will dodge it or not cuz if he doesnt dodge im sure my heal will land and YOU my friend will be too late.
    if he does dodge ah well to bad at least he wouldnt die.

im just stating that druids priest and shamans are far more better healers than palas and with their synergie they can trow heals on MT as well

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by meroko
    "Am i crazy or are we then new best single target healers?"
    No
    Useless quote crits you for 101%

15+ Year Old Account

Dumb paladins do. I top meters and i'm in a Sunwell guild
    Would love to see a WWS of a holy pally with the lowest overheal and on top of the meters. Please post a WWS. If you really are on the top of the meters find new priests/druids/shammies, cause the ones you have are terrible.

Us restotrees can also get 1 sec. GCD and 30% increased duration on hots. And that nifty new insta-aoe heal. Looking forward to all this!!

So much bad info in this thread

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    What?

Resto druids?

Powerful?

Noooooo, that could never happen.

as long as the mana reduction on HoTs in ToL with imp ToL will mean regrowth has the 35% mana reduction (it should it does have a hot element) and with moonglow in balance giving a further 9% reduction, and nature's grace basically bringing it down to a 1.5 sec cast (with haste could easily be looking at 1 second regrowths lol) regrowth could easily become part of a resto druid raiding cycle.

out of intrest how much mana does regrowth cost in wrath? this %mana shit is pissing me off.

I dont think they will keep the thing about Grace as it is. 1 sec Nourish with Living Seed and mana refound sounds just too good to me.