Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Warrior, Rogue, Classes changes, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by Finelle
    Sorry, apparently Blizz doesn't share your sentiments. Bears are intended to be full fledged MTs, right beside DKs. paladins and warriors, and if things are lacking, they will be changed. See: Numerous blue posts in the Feral thread. Besides, your faulty logic can be extended to delete the druid class, or alternatively nerf the warrior class, because warriors are DPS/tank hybrids.
    You mean that Fury and Prot share the same Tree just like Druid Feral tree today? LOL

Prot Warrior DPS today... meh

lol If you actually read all those blue posts, you'll see that Blizz sentiments are that Druids, to be real MTs and compete against warriors/dks/pallys, will have some of their "hybrid aspect" nerfed. Only between melee DPS/tank, but still a nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    These rogue changes are not enough to get us on par with the other classes.

Relentless strikes gets replaced with vigor, not much for dps there.
    The non combat trees gotten a huge buff for pve viability, while combat hasn't really gotten much other than a buff which, as usual, costs us talent points which we could spend better elsewhere.
    I do not care if I get banned for this, but cry me a damn river.

Try and play an enhancement shaman, then come back and whine about rogues not being on par with other classes. PLEASE.

Quote Originally Posted by Finelle
    The self heal is a 10 second HoT. It's not huge when tanking. In 10 seconds, you will have been healed many times your total HP. If you aren't getting any heals for 10sec, it's not going to save you.
    I can think of a few bosses where AoE silencing of all the healers makes a 30% HoT a welcome addition. And everything isn't about raiding, either. The usefulness of this will likely be more apparent when you start doing heroics.

Very nice for solo grinding as well.

Critting mind flay <3
    +30% coefficient <3

Sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeolo
    I think you missed the part where they said they stopped thinking like that and ferals will be Main tanks , sucks to not be special anymore heh?
    Anyway , where are the druids changes??Atm we have less armor then warriors , our dodge been nerfed and we are way behind with scaling vs other tanks and tbh I think no druid tanks likes the ideea of "hp tank".
    Comon , if last patch was "the big druid revamp" we will all go resto in wotlk....
    Actually, those feral MTs will be special too, since they'll get some nice nerf to their "DPS=TANK" role if they want the MT position. Welcome to the "special" club.

If you want the same "utility" of TBC in WotLK, you won't get the MT spot (or DPS spot). You'll be OT.

I'm sure rogues are thrilled they get to use a GCD to increase the main tanks threat, and have to do it every 30 seconds, or even worse 20 if subtlety is actually used in pve.

I'm sure they'll increase the cooldown on that to 1 or 2 minutes, like the hunter misdirect.

Yay for warriors. ;D
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Newor
    If you want the same "utility" of TBC in WotLK, you won't get the MT spot (or DPS spot). You'll be OT.
    Oh thanks that you think a handful of whiny guys represent the whole druid class (and ferals in particular)
    Most ferals like the specialization, since (well, let's hope it'll turn out that way) the specialized builds will be on par with either other tanks or other melees.
    Of course, what we don't really like is that there is no actual sign of that yet, but that's another story...
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

no shadowstep while rooted and this new awesome talent

Wrongfully Accused replaced with Filthy Tricks.
    (NEW – Tier 9) Filthy Tricks: Reduces the cooldown of your Tricks of the Trade and Distract abilities by 5/10 sec.

I mean .. why on earth put a PvE talent in tier9 of rogues PvP tree that no one will ever spec for anyway?

Guess i don't have to level my rogue to 80

Disarm at 20 yrds at 1 sec? what they're using the force now? im a rogue and i think this is not very logic, thou the game is not logic at all.

and the cloak of shadow cooldown really piss me off, i used a lot but at the moment im not sublety to reduce the coldown.

anyway im very glad for the shadow dance, is hella better now

Vigilance = Threat -transfer-; More threat for the tank, as well as lower threat for a dps?
    Blocking, dodging, and parrying causes enrage, causing more damage, thus more threat.
    Enraging allows for the possibility of a self-heal, great for soloing, helpful in healing-intensive fights. (Every bit helps, neh?)

Suddenly my tankadin isn't looking so great.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Arkstok
    Disarm at 20 yrds at 1 sec? what they're using the force now? im a rogue and i think this is not very logic, thou the game is not logic at all.
    Well it's nice vs a hunter who puts up flare on him and puts a trap down, now u can just disarm it shadowstep in and do whatever u want to do i support this change

Quote Originally Posted by Nulgar
    Oh thanks that you think a handful of whiny guys represent the whole druid class (and ferals in particular)
    Most ferals like the specialization, since (well, let's hope it'll turn out that way) the specialized builds will be on par with either other tanks or other melees.
    Of course, what we don't really like is that there is no actual sign of that yet, but that's another story...
    i think you have it backwards...

most ferals want to be able to tank and dps with only switching forms (and gear)
    only a handfull truly specialize in tanking or dps.

still, druids are getting a lot of talents.. so much infact that it looks like 4 talent tree's. They buffed feral tanking a lot more than feral dps, but dont forget there was a huge change a while back where weapon procs now work in druid forms (ie mongoose etc) so imo thats a huge buff to ferals
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    i think you have it backwards...

most ferals want to be able to tank and dps with only switching forms (and gear)
    only a handfull truly specialize in tanking or dps.
    Ferals love the ability to switch forms and gear in combat.
    /rolls eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    dont forget there was a huge change a while back where weapon procs now work in druid forms (ie mongoose etc) so imo thats a huge buff to ferals
    Being able to enchant a two handed weapon with mongoose is a HUGE buff, you're right.
    /rolls eyes

"Disarm Trap range increased to 20 yds, cast time reduced to 1 sec, now requires stealth."

20 yards?!? L O L. could rogues be any more EZ mode?

It would be nice to one day PvP as prot seriously. But honestly what will ever be the use of a prot warrior in arena when they do bugger all damage? They would need some tremendous utility. Charge usable in combat, not very useful imo. Or actually it is for some rage. You could use it after shockwave to compensate from getting no damage from stunned targets.

Bladestorm seems good now but it really should either break current CC, give back rage on each hit, speed you up a bit or allow you to continue your attacks while doing it.

Enraged regeneration sounds awesome, Fury's survivability is now perfect imo. But I think they should bring back enraged assault and make them share CD or something? Enrage is now almost useless in raids I think.

I like the new whirlwind and slam change too.

If they want to make prot useful in PvP, they need to change taunt to cause the target's target to change to the warrior. It's not too unreasonable either, considering feign death has already caused a player to untarget hunters forever now.

Quote Originally Posted by TS Aeonin
    I'm sure rogues are thrilled they get to use a GCD to increase the main tanks threat, and have to do it every 30 seconds, or even worse 20 if subtlety is actually used in pve.
    Since rogues have GCD's to spare why would this be an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by nemesisevil
    It would be nice to one day PvP as prot seriously. But honestly what will ever be the use of a prot warrior in arena when they do bugger all damage? They would need some tremendous utility. Charge usable in combat, not very useful imo. Or actually it is for some rage. You could use it after shockwave to compensate from getting no damage from stunned targets.

Bladestorm seems good now but it really should either break current CC, give back rage on each hit, speed you up a bit or allow you to continue your attacks while doing it.

Enraged regeneration sounds awesome, Fury's survivability is now perfect imo. But I think they should bring back enraged assault and make them share CD or something? Enrage is now almost useless in raids I think.

I like the new whirlwind and slam change too.
    If you like the new whirlwind change you have no clue about DPSing.