tendon slice, brutal swipe, weaken ennemy : suggestion for feral tree

Some ideas to improve feral gameplay :

-Shredding attacks : "reduces the energy cost of your rake and shred abilities by10/20"
    > This would make rake an interesting low-energy opener and usefull in pvp with :

-Tendon Slice (replace infected wounds) : "rake reduce movement speed by 35% for 8 sec. Brutal swipe reduces movement speed by 35% for 3 sec of 4 targets and causes additional threat."
    >usefull in cat pvp and aoe tanking (with challenging roar and bersek)

-Weaken ennemy (replace rend and tear) : "5-stacked lacerate reduce by 15% the damages of your ennemy, 5-points rip deals 10% more bleeding damages and 5-points ferocious bite increase critical strike by 50%"
    > Obviously, Mother bear would become useless.

I would also eliminate FFF talent (trainable) and change furor to a 3-points talents (with 20 rage instead of 10) so we, feral, can take improved mark of the wild.

I would also reintroduce *real* melee druid stuff with armor bonus, stamina and agility and of course change the nerf on agi, thus eliminating Natural Reaction talent.

Re: tendon slice, brutal swipe, weaken ennemy : suggestion for feral tree

These suggestions would start lumping the cat/bear talents back in together, which is largely what Bliz is working in opposition of this go around. They specifically want you to have to choose a more bear or cat centric role in WotLK. ]

Basically you're just expressing discontent over the talents that JUST came out in the most recent build and haven't even been beta tested truly yet. Give it some time man.

Personally I think the new talents are shaping up pretty well.

Edit- oh, I see that the post I was responding to with this has been deleted. Yay for not being allowed to quote the post directly before yours. =P

Actually yes, it was too easy to get armor capped in TBC for bears, which limited our scaling. The percentage from Mother Bear gives us a way to mitigate magic damage for one, and additional mitigational scaling beyond just armor. So yes, I'm pretty happy with it.

Shredding attacks becomes a full dps talent as king of the jungle.

Mother Bear and Natural reaction are artificial talents to compensate incomprehensible nerfs on armor and agi. That's miserable. Look at the the balance and restoration templates : their gameplay is improved, their evolution is logical and positive. At this state, Bears will struggle for mitigation and avoidance, they will be a lot harder to heal as tanks and they will again spam the same 3 abilities : is that a positive evolution?

Concerning the magical mitigation, I bring a solution in weaken ennemy.

It still appears though that your solutions are more centered around around the current specs in which full tanking and full dps are basically one spec, which is specifically what Bliz is trying to avoid this time around. Make some suggestions that aren't tailored specifically around that.

Blizz devs told they would introduce only 2-3 talents for full tanking or dps. But ok, let's try.

- new Feral instinct (bear): "increase dodge rating by 2/4/6% and generates 1/2/3 rage when you dodge an attack"

- new Feral swiftness (cat) : " increase your movement speed by 15/30% when in cat form and reduces the ennemies have to detect you while prowling"

I would add another talent in place of mother bear :

- Rage (bear) : "Instantly strikes the enemy 3 times in 1.5 sec when he dodges an attack. The first strikes deals 500 + x bleeding damages for x seconds and the two consecutives deals 150 more damages. This attack can not be dodged, parried or blocked"

> a kind of overpower which enhance our bear gameplay in addition with Brutal swipe.

I rather like that idea, are you including your lacerate idea as the way we'd achieve additional mitigation?

Lacerate would reduce ennemy damages by 15% if stacked 5 times with "weaken ennemy". A strong debuff. Damages and threat from lacerate remains the same as of patch 8885.

I like it.

I've made a template with those suggestions : http://www.war-tools.com/t57748.html?b=9zj