Thread: protection pvp?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: protection pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by leberle
    No
    Stop thinking of Protpvp as "tanking". There is no tanking in pvp. Only things i taunt are pets that anoy my mates.
    Prot PVP is about a good mix of timing, survivability, tooling, support and (yes, realy) damage.
    you dont think taunt would be utility cc and support?

Quote Originally Posted by talitu
    you dont think taunt would be utility cc and support?
    it would, but thinking of beeig taunted BY someone, i would be fucking anoyed. It's somthing that you might not even notice, where a sheep, a stun or a fear is verry noticable.

Please excuse my bad english, it is not my main language.

Quote Originally Posted by leberle
    it would, but thinking of beeig taunted BY someone, i would be fucking anoyed. It's somthing that you might not even notice, where a sheep, a stun or a fear is verry noticable.
    easily fixed give the screen a distinct flash when you get taunted. really dont see it as anymore annoying than fear/stun, at least with taunt you could still move about

Quote Originally Posted by talitu
    easily fixed give the screen a distinct flash when you get taunted. really dont see it as anymore annoying than fear/stun, at least with taunt you could still move about
    yea, move around and hitting the wrong target. If it would switch back after the taunt, it would be discussable ^^

i dont know how long the duration of taunt is but it seems to me that doing this would be kind of overpowered. in arena's if someone is trying to focus one of your players or make a switch, you could just have your warrior taunt a powerful damage class so that their bust is useless... wouldn't be too fair really cause you can just switch off between the different players in the arena essentially taking their damage out of the fight completely while you just get AoE healed by a druid or a pally.

well anyways, with the new changes i realy enjoy prot ^^

Quote Originally Posted by fireworker76
    i dont know how long the duration of taunt is but it seems to me that doing this would be kind of overpowered. in arena's if someone is trying to focus one of your players or make a switch, you could just have your warrior taunt a powerful damage class so that their bust is useless... wouldn't be too fair really cause you can just switch off between the different players in the arena essentially taking their damage out of the fight completely while you just get AoE healed by a druid or a pally.
    You mean like sheeping him? or fearing him? or rooting him? or cycloning him? or stunning him? or w/e-other-CC-already-existing-ingame him?

And most taunts last like 3-5 seconds.

You would not be more annoyed by it than any other CC. And of course Blizzard would add a graphic effect to it. I cant believe you are so close minded to believe they would not.
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

At the very least, let taunt work like a misdirect. So I charge up to a mage about to Pyro somebody and taunt him at the last second, pulling him around to face away from his target causing the Pyro to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    You mean like sheeping him? or fearing him? or rooting him? or cycloning him? or stunning him? or w/e-other-CC-already-existing-ingame him?
    no like when you are getting focused like all of their damaging classes are attacking you.a warrior could just taunt you. it is basically a counterspell usable against any damaging class, they would still be able to damage the warrior but that is easily healed through. it is basically a shorter cooldown counterspell.

cooms

Quote Originally Posted by Arnifix
    At the very least, let taunt work like a misdirect. So I charge up to a mage about to Pyro somebody and taunt him at the last second, pulling him around to face away from his target causing the Pyro to fail.
    i dont think taunt can be used. with shield bash and all out stuns. stopping spells on other targets every 8 seconds is a BIT op lol..

and on top of that they would have spell reflect..