Feral Druids and threat!

Is it just me or with the added dps kitties are gettting and the lack of threat drops we have (besides lolcower), do you think that ferals will have aggro issues for lack of a significant threat drop?

Schnitter

Re: Feral Druids and threat!

you wanted to deal moar deepees, now deal with it
    kittykats do have an internal thread modifier just like rogues

rogues have vanish. And this new skill that gives their threat to someone else for 6 seconds.... i dont think rogues will have ANY problems at all...

as for kitties... yeah. "deal with it" isnt really the route to go because not only is this beta (where many changes can happen), but as many people know threat-capped dpsing is not really fun at all

Quote Originally Posted by Schnitter
    you wanted to deal moar deepees, now deal with it
    kittykats do have an internal thread modifier just like rogues
    What he said.

Come on don't complain about everything, alright? Just be happy that your dps is actually being taken care of.

Fury warriors and retri paladins don't even have threat dump yet, why should you?

- - -

FYI I play a feral druid too.

kind of curious myself since BoS is changing so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Edden
    What he said.

Come on don't complain about everything, alright? Just be happy that your dps is actually being taken care of.

Fury warriors and retri paladins don't even have threat dump yet, why should you?

- - -

FYI I play a feral druid too.
    Paladins have a better natural threat reduction (if im not mistaken, although theirs is talented). Maybe blizz will throw us some threat reduction talents that we will NEED to dps effectively as cats. Im okay with this as long as we can do decent dps (none of this 85% of a rogue BS especially with the new utility they have gotten).

Also I never said they shouldnt get it as well. Id like to see every class have an option when it comes to threat... Maybe blizz is thinking BoS will take care of all the issues (it is pretty sweet).

All tanks should be doing 150~% threat modifiers. Considering i know I'm doing around 800-900 dps while tanking as a bear atm, mangle gets even more threat, along with maul getting an extra modifier. I'm doing at least 1275 tps, you'd have to have a considerably higher dps output than that, on a single target at least.
    I fix things, sometimes, when they let me out of my cage.
    @Rawrbmb Watch me stream stuff on Twitch

tanks to 150% threat

DPS do 70% threat

which means only have to do half the damage of the DPS

Paladins have a better natural threat reduction (if im not mistaken, although theirs is talented).
    the talent takes them to what kitties get baseline

Yah, kitties get a natural 30% reduction in threat. We have cower as well (lol), and as a "hybrid" emulating a pure dps class, I think it's natural that we don't have the massive threat dumps that the pure dps classes have. Think about the classes that do have the threat wipes. Hunters, Rogues, Mages, Warlocks (I think?). These are all classes that do one thing- DPS. None of the classes that "can" spec for dps have that sort of tool. It's one of the sacrifices we make for our versatility.

Just be glad we're finally getting some scaling =) And pretty damn good scaling at that.

to be fair, ret has hand of salvation.

I forgot about that, but it's not really quite like Feign Death or Vanish is it? It's more like Cower but in Pally's flavor (and usable on another party member if they want, right?)

It's more like Cower but in Pally's flavor (and usable on another party member if they want, right?)
    basically, the advantage is that it's a percentage. Though it's only a 20% dump

mages, hunters and rogues have 100% dumps. Warlocks have a 50% dump.

And it's kind of a dot right? (Dump over time, lol...)

yep.

It used to reduce damage and healing done too. That would have been fun punishing people for pulling too much agro.

It'll be a real change for me as a tank or a healer. Normally while tanking or healing you run omen, but you don't ever pay attention to it since there isn't any thing you can do. You always max your TPS while tanking, and the only thing you can do to lower your threat while healing is to let people die so....

I agree, I don't play a pally (well, not at 70th), but it seems like it would only add to the interest of the role. Definitely know where you're coming from with Omen- just have it up, and spam your best TPS rotation, without paying much attention to it.

blessing of salvation + cat form aggro reduction + 2 misdirects, should be plenty. Now with more people adding to the tanks threat... you should have to worry less about your own abilities to remove your own threat.

blessing of salvation doesn't exist in the beta