Omen of Clarity in WOTLK

Whats the cooldown?

Re: Omen of Clarity in WOTLK

none!!! ;D

YAY! I love clear casting on my mage (also 70). Was hoping they wouldnt keep the cooldown it has now (2min right?)

Currently it has a 10 sec internal cd, in wotlk that cd will get removed to give kitties a reason to get haste.

Koumaru

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    Currently it has a 10 sec internal cd, in wotlk that cd will get removed to give kitties a reason to get haste.
    Wow, do you have a source for this? I've read about the 10-second cooldown and roughly 6% proc rate from a blue post, but this is the first I've heard of it losing the cooldown in the future.

In the next data push, you will find Omen of Clarity has been changed a bit. The 10 second cooldown has been removed, the procs per minute has been raised from 2 to 3.5, and melee abilities no longer trigger it. Spell interaction with Omen of Clarity remains relatively unchanged, with its hidden chance to trigger off spells reduced by half (and rolling the dice about 2x as often).

What this means is that more auto-attacks landing on the target will increase the benefit from Omen of Clarity. Haste, increased hit chance, and expertise will all make Omen of Clarity better.

We are aware of the concerns with reaching the hit rating cap, and will make sure Druids can pick up Rogue items to wear without exceeding that cap. This means Rogues will likely socket for hit, while Druids socket for Strength or Agility.

Before LK goes live, we will do extensive testing on how much damage classes do, and will increase or decrease their power as appropriate to meet our targets. Cat raid DPS suffered relative to other melee in BC for lack of an Combat Potency equivalent talent (OOC should now be roughly equal), for lack of a scaling finishing move (Savage Roar answers that), for lack of benefitting from Windfury Totem, and for lack of weapon procs (+35 agility != Mongoose). All of those lacks have been addressed. In addition, a change has been made to make the agility rebalance less severe (as I posted in another thread).

In PvP, we are adding many tools to the Feral Druid arsenal, including the redesigned Maim, Infected Wounds, King of the Jungle, and Berserk. We have also made some improvements to the "range bug". Attacks that require you to be behind a target will no longer be able to be parried, nor able to be dodged by a player. Our movement engine will now smoothly interpolate positions of moving units, preventing the "Out of range/You must be behind your target/Out of range/You must be behind your target/Out of range/You must be behind your target..." sequence from occuring any more. In addition, being able to apply a snare makes the Feral Druid able to slow down their target and lessen the severity of the "range bug". Yes, there are still issues with the model, especially when switching into and out of cat form, but many of the issues are being dealt with.

Druids are not being ignored; this forum is being read daily by developers.

Blue post: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...26&sid=2000#26

All I have to say is thank god they are finally paying attention with all the posts they have made lately concerning druids; dps, healing, and tanking wise

now if they'll just make Ooc not dispellable

In WoTLK it's passive, don't even need to refresh it ...
    So wish granted a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    In WoTLK it's passive, don't even need to refresh it ...
    So wish granted a few months ago.

damn i cant believe i missed that post

ive been too concerned with whats going on with my lock in beta

Definitely excited about our new Combat Potency (OoC of course)

Any thoughts on the fact that, unless Maul is counted as an auto-attack, Bears will never see an OoC proc? With that 2.5 sec attack speed, I can't tell you when I last had an auto-attack in bear.

Koumaru

Quote Originally Posted by Ozamalus
    Any thoughts on the fact that, unless Maul is counted as an auto-attack, Bears will never see an OoC proc? With that 2.5 sec attack speed, I can't tell you when I last had an auto-attack in bear.
    I like to think of it this way: When you're spamming Maul on every attack in a tanking rotation, you're pretty much in an infinite-rage situation, probably against a boss.

When you're rage starved and therefore not using Maul at all, OoC will help you with your rage starvation. A lot.

I'm a bit sad that it can't proc on Swipe now, though. I think that's the whole point of the "no proc on specials" change. But hey, at least Mongoose will proc on Swipe. ;D

I long ago stopped thinking of OoC as something for bear, hehe... Doesn't really bother me.