Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Fishing OMG Can it Be Any More Boring

i like it xD

but anyway, what i hated in fishing most is that u skilled it by mindless fishing in orgrimmar or SW. before i started skilling up fishing on my char i always thought that it involves travelling. that u have to fish in higher and higher lvl areas to get skill points. it seemed kinda fun. but no, spend 2 days fishing in orgri, then u have enough skill to fish smt useful and u go farm in outlands
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

maybe just rename fishing to "hunting", we will have fishing pole, still, but we could get Hunters Bow, with which we could hunt all kind of critter animal across the world, those 5lev thingys, lil deers, giraffas, big frogs, etc, with the change, that we would have to do smth rather then just sleeping near the lake and and waiting till fish is too stupid

think thay said some thing in the nr4 or 5 podcast about changing fishing so ihop thay canges it in to some thing fun
    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Calling Mindflay a defense is like calling, excuse the language, slicing your anus open with a knife a defensive move against surprise buttsecks.
    http://wow.allakhazam.com/wiki/pre-naxx_holy_paladin_guide_(wow)

Deleted

I just levelled fishing 5 points a day (~10 minutes) in BC, in between other stuff, that was small enough an effort/bore to get it done quite easily.

Engineers should be able to fish using explosives, skilling like 10 levels a time. And druids could catch fish in aquatic form. And hunters could catch them using a bear

I leveled fishing while pooled for raids, waiting for them to start etc, eventually it just levels itself.
    You can just sit in stormwind/Og to skill 1-375(outside fishing quest) though at 300+ outland is better for fish that's actually useful.

you can make it more fun by fishing with a wiimote

Though it's a bit boring i think fishing is ok. I've leveled it from 1 to 375 on 4 or 5 chars just during waits for arena and bgs (Back in the time when you had to wait up to 15 minutes for an 2vs2....).

I'm always fishing when i wait for someone or something and theres some water nearby, somehow relaxing and you can do it hile watching tv or a movie

you can make it more fun by fishing with a wiimote
    thats so cool ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Calling Mindflay a defense is like calling, excuse the language, slicing your anus open with a knife a defensive move against surprise buttsecks.
    http://wow.allakhazam.com/wiki/pre-naxx_holy_paladin_guide_(wow)

Fishing is cool actually , i find it very relaxing. Between bgs or waiting for raid or party to complete. You can get descent buffs from the food you create from fish, and mote fishing = very handy for cash.
    Daily for fishing is a real improvement, besides they nerfed casts for 1-300 so you gain points pretty fast on that lvl.

what do you think about this idea:

fishermen can make a cast and leave fishing pole sticked in the ground. they can do it with multiple fishing poles simultaneously. each fishing pole has its own "fishing" bar and its own bobber. when bobber for 1 pole splashes fisher can right click pole to get fish. then he has to click it again to recast.

now, to avoid ppl stacking dozens of poles together and farming tons of fish we add this twist:
    poles must be placed at least 10 yards away from each other. this way fisher has to run between poles to collect fish and recast. and he cant use too many of them cause it would be too much running and he would lose most of fish.

now, for people who like standard way of catching fish - this new way would provide no skill or would provide points slower, and when using it casts would be counted as if player's skill was lower by 25. plus u suffer from lack of multiple fishing contest / quest reward poles, so others would provide less skill.

i think it would be something nice for ppl who wanna farm fish, and hate all this idle waiting. they could farm fish more "actively" instead and in more fun way.

edit: also, to make skilling more interesting:
    we know that to get 1 skill point u need to make x casts. now, lets double this x BUT!
    all zones have their minimum skill set for fishing. zones in which player's skill would be orange (that is less that minimum skoll for zone +25) every succesful cast would count as 3 casts. in yellow-skill zones (between minimum +25 and minimum+50) every cast counts as 2. in remaining zones every cast counts as 2. this way both ppl who fish while waiting can skill up altho slower and those who wanna skill up faster can put some effort to speed it up, again making it more fun by travelling and catching different fish
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

Have you ever been fishing in real life? It's not that exciting. It's even less exciting than fishing in WoW is, but people call it a sport, a hobby, a fun pass-time :P It's useful in WoW, even if it's not too fun. Switch off, relax, and go for it - Or don't :P

The blizz profession designer loves it - he said he's levelled it at least 5 times on 5 different toons, from memory - But that it may change, as they realise it's not too interesting at the moment. Though I find it fun, my girlfriend and I go fishing together ingame and set little competitions up between ourselves, flip a coin for nodes and the like. That sounds extremely sad, I know, but we enjoy it Life is what you make of it

oh yes, i can imagine it. blizzard developer after 8h of work sits in front of his computer, logs into wow and starts fishing to relax himself, instead of going out to bar with friends, or to swimming pool or for real fishing -_-.