Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Server Firsts FoS Removal, Patch 3.0

they just helped prevent some major server crashes

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Finally! I hope they add the titles again for people with max skill regardless of time it took or with all (or many) recipes.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Punx
    Not allowed too sorry...If you are clever you can find it.....(bosskillers is a hint)
    Its mostly about his work with Activision and artwork..not so much about WoW...as he is no longer a Full CM for WoW
    Not allowed to give the link to a blog on the internet? Can't be private, or it wouldn't be freely acessible on the net. Why the secrecy?

And YEAH to removing those titles. I was almost going to fish for 5 hours straight. Now I can just level ;D

Quote Originally Posted by kyrra
    Boubouille, your title is misleading on this.
    "Server First" Feats of Strength removed

They are not removing the Achievement (Feat of Strength) for these things, they are just removing the associated title.
    ^^

I think the titles were a cool idea...but I also agree with the people saying it would be kinda lame for only 1 person to get it. But at the same time I wouldn't want it to be something that everyone got. It would need to feel epic, like you participated in something...so maybe the server first 25 or something like that. I dunno...I hope we see these titles again at some point for something.

:-\ /wrists

I wanted to be Grand Master Engineer Rilgon. /whine
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Casuals 100 - 0 Hardcore

Although I agree it was a good move by Blizzard.
    Would have been unhealthy to keep it.

gah; was planning on taking a week off work; getting 2 hours sleep a night for the ''first warrior to 80'' title.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrakech
    gah; was planning on taking a week off work; getting 2 hours sleep a night for the ''first warrior to 80'' title.
    I think that's why they dropped it. It's anti lich king. They want us to take our time and enjoy the content. Those titles would reward us for doing the opposite.

flammable

All I can say is I am so glad this change was introduced. I was planning to go to a great effort to get 375 first in fishing, first aid and the first to 80 on my realm. Now I can slack of a little bit knowing that the title won't be there.

Fuzzy318

im very glad they did remove titles, i was gonna take a break from work and atleast try and get Arch Druid, but most likley i wouldnt have gotten it anyway since my server is super high pop with queues, now i can take my time and lvl slow, and totaly enjoy everything on the way to 80

this was a bad idea in the 1st place, but im glad they removed them.
    things like these r not healthy, even for casual players.

Great change.

1- Against all they said (even on loading screen...) about not playing too much WoW and enjoy content instead of rushing.
    2- The easy way it was to get some of those titles right out of the bat after 1 or 2 days.
    3- Beta players would have a hell of a advantage over others (like the 1st 70 who knew exactly what to do and where to go on live to get it fast).

Good call on removing the silly titles. I also welcome the 60-70 XP changes.

‮

What is all my training for server first gone in vain? 22/2 rythm and and being able to drink 200% more coffeine without heart issues...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Groal
    Good call on removing the silly titles. I also welcome the 60-70 XP changes.
    Yeah me too.. leveling through Outland for the 5th time suuuuuuucks.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bl4ckSh33p
    Finally! I hope they add the titles again for people with max skill regardless of time it took or with all (or many) recipes.
    Maxed Skill and/or %of respies would be a good idea for Trade skills. This i think would promote some people in investing some extra time in to their trade skills. Also it would scale with future when they raise the trade skill Cap or add more respies it would be an added incentive for those people to seek them out and to level their trade skills. It would also be a nice reward for those that do finely max out a particularly difficult trade skill like enchanting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by Iosif
    Maxed Skill and/or %of respies would be a good idea for Trade skills. This i think would promote some people in investing some extra time in to their trade skills. Also it would scale with future when they raise the trade skill Cap or add more respies it would be an added incentive for those people to seek them out and to level their trade skills. It would also be a nice reward for those that do finely max out a particularly difficult trade skill like enchanting.
    Not really. Just having 450 enchanting skill should be reward in itself, for having completed the biggest gold sink in the entire game.
    As for % of recipes, all this would encourage is people to go back to the AQ instances to pick up rare recipies. Unfortunately, AQ20 is still a 4 day reset and AQ40 is a 1 week reset, so it isn't a fast process to pick up stuff like enchant gloves: frost power, etc.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Yeah me too.. leveling through Outland for the 5th time suuuuuuucks.
    No kidding, though it is not so bad once you get outta that cesspool HFP.

Deleted

I didn't mind any server-1st-ers getting rewards, but the titles being given were mega-titles, for example "The Supreme" for first to 80 .. how would they top that for any other achievements?! They should've been awarded a LK tabard instead or something.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Capslock
    I'm glad they are gone. call me an arsewipe.

But i really ont feel that giving an epic title to 1 person on the realm will be very clever.

i mean, i imagine that one person getting a bit arrogant or cocky ? >

i hate people who think they are above everyone else, and a 1man server title will without a doubt emphersize that.

- Capslock

BTW: Cheers for increaded lvling speed!
    Oh man, someboday would be better than someone else because they worked harder?! Man, that is such a terrible thing. I mean, I know when I work hard for things, I don't deserve them.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Working hard? So "working hard" = more time to spend on a game, right?