Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fishing OMG Can it Be Any More Boring

Please tell me that they are going to chance fishing. Honestly I love the skill because of the benefit from cooking the fish. But honestly its like mind numbing trying to lvl it. Sometimes having to spend 7-10 minutes just to get a single point, now come on something has got to give. How about making an occasional aquatic type creature pop up on the end of your fishing rod and having to fight for your life and say by killing it you gain a point to your fishing skill and possibly a nice drop to enchance your fishing gear. I know a lot of ppl don't even use the fishing skill because it take so long to level it up. Sadly it so boring that I just turn up the ambient sounds and listen for the splashing sound of a fish on the line while I watch a movie or read a book. There should be a little more to this skill than just click click click and falling asleep because you are mindlessly bored from trying to get 6-7 points an hour.

Re: Fishing OMG Can it Be Any More Boring

Quote Originally Posted by Drakobane
    Please tell me that they are going to chance fishing. Honestly I love the skill because of the benefit from cooking the fish. But honestly its like mind numbing trying to lvl it. Sometimes having to spend 7-10 minutes just to get a single point, now come on something has got to give. How about making an occasional aquatic type creature pop up on the end of your fishing rod and having to fight for your life and say by killing it you gain a point to your fishing skill and possibly a nice drop to enchance your fishing gear. I know a lot of ppl don't even use the fishing skill because it take so long to level it up. Sadly it so boring that I just turn up the ambient sounds and listen for the splashing sound of a fish on the line while I watch a movie or read a book. There should be a little more to this skill than just click click click and falling asleep because you are mindlessly bored from trying to get 6-7 points an hour.

i just did the annoying 225 fishing quest... im at 228 and stopped

its probably the hardest and most annoying 2ndary prof to level
    im pretty sure i saw a blew post on some changes to fishing (yes i mispelled that on purpose)

15+ Year Old Account

Fishing isn't any more than *click click click*. What do you expect it to be? Its fishing afterall
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

I stopped at 225 at the fishing quest then i started raiding again and needed food so i leveled 225---->375 over 2 days

Soooooo boring -.-

I turned up the sound to and watched some pvp movies :P But still... Zzzz
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

I lol'ed a lot on your sig Buffed, excellent one
    SpamBayes (first bayesian antispam for WoW) Broker_CPU (addons and client specs)

15+ Year Old Account

Since this is just whine about the current fishing, why is it posted in WotLK forums? :P

And it's very easy to get skill level up, I got it up to max while farming Crawdad (yes some got away at start I had around 320 unbuffed when I started) and doing the Fishing Daily is a good way to get skill up

I added this to the WoLK proffessions forums because the xpac is the only time they will like change anything like a secondary profession. Yes you may consider this a whine but I have lvled 3 character to 375 fishing. It is super boring and should be made a little more interactive. Make is something that is a little more fun to do. Make ppl think wow fishing is more interesting now, I am bored so lets go see what may happed today while fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mera
    I lol'ed a lot on your sig Buffed, excellent one
    Thanks

And on topic: I think ive seen a blue somewhere about changing the fishing mechanics
    If in doubt afk out

01011001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110011 01110101 01100011 01101011

They stated that they want to improve the fun factor in fishing, while you still have to focus and pay attention to what you are doing.

Wtb duel with the sharks, as long as they don't get to roll warlocks.
    "Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil because I'm the baddest motherfucker in the whole damn valley."

fishing is relaxing.
    You shouldnt be doing it if it stresses you out.
    Just go grind some money, then come buy fish from me..

It's just a game.

they need to change the mechanics and base it on how drunk your character is....just like real fishing.

or make it easier to do so i can fish in game and drink excessively irl....once again just like real fishing

15+ Year Old Account

@thunderdome

I lol'd, drinking should effect your gameplay :P

drinking actualy does influence your game, since when drunk, monsters might apear lower level then they actualy are.

you can lvl up to 1 to 375 in the same spot, not a big deal just go fishing sometimes while you wait for Bg queue or Arena =x

honestly when i lvled my fishing to 375, i had about a good 4 drink buzz....much less annoying that way
    Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

I'm glad that Blizzard cares about the little things...

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdome
    they need to change the mechanics and base it on how drunk your character is....just like real fishing.

or make it easier to do so i can fish in game and drink excessively irl....once again just like real fishing
    As you wish:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34832

A long time ago, I recommended having random mob spawns when fishing as a way to discourage fishbotting. Nothing uber, about green-con...just lethal to an AFK player using a bot to fish.

Oh, one more thing...

You do realize that you can skillup your fishing from any fishable body of water, right?

I levelled fishing to max by fishing in IF/SW while waiting for BGs to queue up.

I personally find fishing soothing...

They should change it so you can do more than one type of fishing, i.e if the water is shallow and you can walk through it then you go all Amazon and get the spear out to fish.

Also maybe set fishing traps out. Like those crab cages where you swim out and deploy these cages then come back after 30seconds or something (you can deploy 5 at a time) and you have a % chance to catch some crab or lobster or something like that so you can potentially lvl 5 times in 30 seconds (Exaggerated but you get the idea)

Or you can deploy more than one fishing pole at a time. So many ways to make fishing a bit more active an event. Have some vendors sell some Super fishing lures (only sell one at a time with a 1hr respawn type thing) where you are 100% sure to catch a fish on every cast (even if its those crappy fish you use on cooking 1-50) to speed boost your leveling. Thats just some ideas and I had only thought of the first one before typing and the rest came whilst typing! lol. Anyway, if I can think up stuff like this on short notice, then im sure Bliz can do something better and make it more Exciting. Hopefully its a case of watch this space and see whats coming.

lol have any of you played runescape... now fishing in runescape makes you want to shoot your self. be happy its like it is in wow wrather than 10 min of waching your toon dip in and out of the water then click on another fishing spot. and for the people who did play i had a 91 fishing and 99 cooking (16 million exp in cooking) so i know all to well lol.

Perhaps if they had it spawn monsters randomly?
    Would cut down the bots a bit as well.