Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Priest Talents (What could be added together)

Priests -

What talents do you think could be merged together, or given a little something 'extra'? Please post serious thoughts.

Re: Priest Talents (What could be added together)

I've given up hope after the latest display of idiocy from Koraaa, WTB Ghostcrawler.

Are you talking about his wonderful Q&A? lol

Koraa on Blessed Resilience

It's always been better than Focused Will IMO, it's just that the tree is less popular because of the lack of Pain Suppression. Guardian Spirit can act as a Pain Suppression replacement now, and the tree can hold it's own in PvP. I think you'll be seeing a diverse mix of Holy vs. Disc Priests in PvP from now on (hopefully).
    Will never be able to take him seriously again. Pure fucking idiocy, as mean spirited as that sounds the fact that this is a person that designs the game is just pathetic.

This needs to be displayed on on the in-game Message of the Day for 70 Priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Merin
    Koraa on Blessed Resilience

Will never take him seriously again. Pure fucking idiocy. The fact that this is a person that designs the game is horrifying.
    Haha, I read it the first time. It looked fine how you said it.

Personally, I have tried looking a Holy PvP spec that would work, and it doesn't seem to. (It seems like you have more healing (of course)), but it seems like you would miss out on too many of the needed PvP stuff.

All I have to say is, OMG at PW:Shield in Wrath. It's going to be fking OP, and I can foresee a nerf on it.

Dumping a dozen talent points into Power Word: Shield, none of which reduce it's cooldown, reduce Weakened Soul or protect it from Purge/Dispel/Spell Steal/Tranq/Devour, etc isn't appealing to me.

Also not looking forward to our trashy level 80 ability, that's suspectable to dispel mechanics as well, and dun dun dun... WOTF, yet again.

Would also kindly like Focused Will to be unnerfed, thanks.

Dumping a dozen talent points into Power Word: Shield, none of which reduce it's cooldown, reduce Weakened Soul or protect it from Purge/Dispel/Spell Steal/Tranq/Devour, etc isn't appealing to me.

Also not looking forward to our trashy level 80 ability, that's suspectable to dispel mechanics as well, and dun dun dun... WOTF, yet again.

Dude, I found the perfect spec for us, lol....

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000

15+ Year Old Account

DS + Imp DS

Borrowed time + reflective shield (+ improved pw:s)

Holy nova + penance (holy nova effect in the end of penance )

Not really sure what could be added together more than that that would seem balanced.

- and yes that q&a was a joke.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

A dozen? your undershooting by a little aren't you?

Imp Shield - 3
    Reflective Shield - 3
    Rapture - 5
    Renewed Hope - 2
    Borrowed Time -5
    15 talents im counting.

Altho Silent resolve does give it 30% dispel resistance. might as well spend the other 3

We desperately need some of our talents to be folded together, not as a method of fixing bloat, but as a method of making the talents not fucking suck.

Spending 12-15 points on PW:S when in PvE it's a glorified threat-reducing Swiftmend and in PvP it'll be dispel'd off so often is just silly.

But I dont expect any good design to our PvP situation, not when our class designer told us, with a straight face, that in BC Blessed Resilience was better than Focused Will, and people were just going Disc for Pain Suppression. Also makes me worried for future number balancing again when our devs are THAT low on common sense. If you think BR is better than PS, and you're not wearing fucking tattered rags, you deserve to be burnt with a hot spoon.

My main problem with Priest remains that it's just so absurdly unexciting in LK. We dont have anything to look forward to. Nothing new for roations, well outside of our old PvP tree being nerfed for PvP and altered into a gimmicky as fuck PvE tree.

I agree, I mean, the biggest advantage of Focused will was 1. It made your resilience provide ALL DAMAGE MITIGATION instead of just crits, and it slightly counteracted mortal strike, neither of which blessed resilience does.

Improved Shield - Increase the amount absorbed by your Power Word: Shield by 15/30/45% of your spellpower.
    Reflective Shields - Causes 15/30/45% of damage absorbed by your Power Word: Shield or Divine Aegis to be dealt to the attacker, in addition if either is dispelled it deals twice this damage to the dispeller.
    Borrowed Time - Reduce the cooldown of Power Word: Shield by 2/4 s, in addition critical heals reduce the remaining duration of your Weakened Soul by 5/10 seconds.

Condensed into 3 talents in order to :
    1. Scale Shield with Spellpower.
    2. Punish Dispeling
    3. Allow you to possibly cast it more.

Use the extra 5 talents to make something useful for raids since grace is less than shit now.

Koraa really annoys me.

I HATE how he ignores half of the posts, comments basically "that is wrong" or says "well you are right, but not for this version" (divine spirit).

He is a pretty terrible for ideas, and worst of all DOES NOT listen half of the time.

Did you like the part on the post where he said letting Shadow Resilience reduce ALL damage by 2/4% would be too powerful for a talent.

And the next day rogues get
    Deaden Nerves - Reduce all damage taken by 2/4/6%.

Oh and the rogues say their talent is still too weak.

Shadow Resilience:
    Would it be completely overpowered to just make this a flat 2/4% damage reduction to everything?

Koraa: Unnecessary, talents have stat budgets and that is going over the budget.

Quote Originally Posted by thethain
    Did you like the part on the post where he said letting Shadow Resilience reduce ALL damage by 2/4% would be too powerful for a talent.

While on the surface that does look a bit odd, Deaden Nerves is a Tier 7 talent and Shadow Resilience is a Tier 6. In addition to get Deaden Nerves it requires the rogue to spec into a tree that isn't a traditional PvP tree... so my guess is to try to give that tree some interest for PvP.

Having said all that I hate rogues like most people and it's endlessly frustrating to be stunned and not be able to move until dead. I'm just saying that the comparison you make isn't exactly 100% fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    While on the surface that does look a bit odd, Deaden Nerves is a Tier 7 talent and Shadow Resilience is a Tier 6. In addition to get Deaden Nerves it requires the rogue to spec into a tree that isn't a traditional PvP tree... so my guess is to try to give that tree some interest for PvP.

Having said all that I hate rogues like most people and it's endlessly frustrating to be stunned and not be able to move until dead. I'm just saying that the comparison you make isn't exactly 100% fair.
    I bet you are the type of person that picks up lolwell and goes: Pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Telitzp
    I bet you are the type of person that picks up lolwell and goes: Pretty.
    Haha. I always take lolwell for the "Pretty" part. And I bet you felt the same, too. Since otherwise, you wouldn't know how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Herrera
    Haha. I always take lolwell for the "Pretty" part. And I bet you felt the same, too. Since otherwise, you wouldn't know how it feels
    Actually no, someone did that for me in my guild. However, he would put it in places where we couldn't click.

PS- That's how good Lightwell is. We use it for entertainment, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by thethain

Holy Shit. I've always had a level of respec for Blizzard Rep's mental capabilities until you pointed this out to me.

My main problem with Koraa is that he isn't Ghostcrawler.

or that he reads epic fail posts, such as many examples here, and on beta forums...

won't add more but beta form is alot more lol then "chosing lolwell cause its pretty", or reading ppl that still didn't read the upgrade.

when i see holy tree i have no complaints except of Gaurdian spirit, and was expecting to see a change with regen (meditation - if in lvl 70 i wanna get the 51 talent point GS i can't - no meditation no mana). the only time i get a but bitter is when i see the other class becoming "priesty" being able to do almost every task and good - i would write the list again as was written several times, but i was expecting to see a new holy PVE ability that has something to do with my healing or spells.
    i deas are plenty and are stuffed all over the forums, talks about holy forum or inspiring aura make me wanna cry. but an ability that is simmilar to a NS or a really shor but powerfull HoT something to spice it up, even an additional direct heal that scales somehow is nice, if not some - any sort or raid buffing ability - that is on same scale as druid/shaman/pala.

i doubt priests will lose their raiding spot, they will always be important, and tbh now i even think that the skilled priests will even see 3-4 of them in raid. Yet - if all the other healers now gain abilities that till now was "unique" to priest so give us something nice as well.

seems like with the class design koraa remembers that there is pvp, and pvp and shadow pvp.

i think this also applies to the 51 shadow point, i usualy am holy, but PVE was totally forgotten for some reason, the whole idea of a priest in pve. instead you get a gimped 1 target healing specc that is based on the tank absording dmg.
    tank absording dmg in pve. will take me time but, no i'd rather stay with high hps.
    besides the fact: tank absording damage based on crit heals, donno i have 13% crit holy in raids i rly don't crit much, and i can't "trade" my regen for the crit (spirit/crit) or no mana.

surely, no doubt that some developer will remember that this game is not only about eating cakes while dueling outside org with another 12 year old rogue and whining every time you lose when you are in holy spec.
    maybe then we will see GS become a more usefull tool PVE wise.