Shadow Priest Threat

Alright, with MF changes (which are nice) I'm still holding out for other fixes to so that we actually scale at a half decent level.

But, while we wait for Blizz to see what they come up with, I wanted to ask people a quick question.

Blizz has stated that you shouldn't need to have any particular class to do a run. My problem is that unless there is a pally (so that I can have Salv) we have huge threat issues which basically means that I'm unable to use a lot of our abilities and sometimes just spend a fair amount of time standing around talking to myself (more so when the tank is really well geared and its an easy instance)(even without VT and VE).

Does anyone out there in the priest community feel that we need to have some type of further threat reduction so that we are not reliant on Pallies?

Re: Shadow Priest Threat

They increased tanks threat and gave shadowpriest passive salva in the form of shadowform. Also you will generate less threat due the fact that mana regen from replenish is added to the persons threat not yours.

Seeing that this is in the WOTLK forum i'll ask

Salv what???

I guess you aint read up on wotlk mutch, salv is no more(gone, dead, kicked the bucket, an ex buff), SF now gives you +30% threat on shadow spells.

Problem solved.

oOo didnt know that about salv.... dont play SP anymore but salv is -30% threat and im sure u meant new shadow form is also -30% threat..... so in theory no change?? im sure SP's even with salv on have problems eg, ive never known a SP to use VE (think its this one with health regen) coz agro bomb. so not much change here?

salv is gone

it's been replaced with 30% higher tank DPS (and thus 30% higher TPS)

Wow didn't know that and I've got a level 70 pally tank. Been more worried about priests though as that's my main.

I feel like a bit dumb but thanks for the info!

Any beta testers notice if there are any threat issues in the beta?

lol same and i r pally tank now and used to play SP

24% less threat from Shadow Affinity and
    30% less threat on Shadowform base.

This is grossly more threat reduction than basically any other class.

Factor that in with the tank changes, no, threat is not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Elicium
    Wow didn't know that and I've got a level 70 pally tank. Been more worried about priests though as that's my main.

I feel like a bit dumb but thanks for the info!

Any beta testers notice if there are any threat issues in the beta?
    In my experience on beta, I've never had a problem pulling aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by frott
    24% less threat from Shadow Affinity and
    30% less threat on Shadowform base.

This is grossly more threat reduction than basically any other class.
    Wait, so it's actually possible to put up VE and NOT pull aggro?

Quote Originally Posted by Whoru
    Wait, so it's actually possible to put up VE and NOT pull aggro?
    if you got a good tank it is possible right now too.
    This user has been permanently banned because the moderator doesn't like warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    They increased tanks threat and gave shadowpriest passive salva in the form of shadowform. Also you will generate less threat due the fact that mana regen from replenish is added to the persons threat not yours.
    Perfect said.. Just perfect ;D
    Everyone thinks their world is falling.. If they had a solid sense of perspective, they probably wouldn't be gamers.