Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Beta Maintenance, Premade Characters, XP Tuning

Reminder - Team Passes for MLG Dallas WoW 3v3 Tournament on October 3rd - 5th are now available ! You can buy them here !

Small update tonight, just like any other friday night we might see a new patch on beta servers. Stay tuned !

Beta Realms - Maintenance 9/5/08
    Originally Posted by Gradina (Blue Tracker)
    We will be taking down the Beta realms at 10:30AM Pacific time today September 5th 2008 for maintenance.

We expect this process to take from six to eight hours.
    Originally Posted by Tigole (Blue Tracker)
    We're going to try to patch today. [*]Icecrown, the exterior zone, will be shipped out with the expansion. Icecrown Citadel, the dungeon/raid experience, will be part of a future patch. [*]Storm Peaks will be in this patch. If it continues to crash the server, we'll have to turn it off again.[/list]
    Premade Characters
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Premades weren't supposed to be active today
    Actually, the premades being available on the existing realms was a mistake. They are being removed. There will be a specific premade realm. (Source)

Premade Realm
    Murmur will be the new Premade realm. Premades will be removed from "Northrend" and "Lich King" (Source)
    XP Tuning
    [blizzquote="Tigole;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/9657705743-xp-from-quests-feels-kind-oflacking.html]The XP tuning is getting closer. We're going to do a minor adjustment in today's patch. 10% faster. [/blizzquote"]

Re: Beta Maintenance, Premade Characters, XP Tuning

I hope that the premades I copied get refunded

Hmm, no word on a EU premade server thus :/
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

"Try to patch?" ???

Anyway, hopefully the patch brings some nice changes

Wondering about the "10% faster XP" though. Is it really needed? I'm doing pretty well & fast on the beta, it feels perfect now, and imo there shouldn't be an adjustment in the 70-80 range.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Qrio
    "Try to patch?" ???

Wondering about the "10% faster XP" though. Is it really needed? I'm doing pretty well & fast on the beta, it feels perfect now, and imo there shouldn't be an adjustment in the 70-80 range.
    lvling just fucking sucks.. they should boost the XP gain by 100%

I don't agree. 10% is about 190000xp less. Average non-elite quests give around 20k XP, so that means what? 10 quests less?
    With rested state atm I get ~1900xp per kill, and it's almost double that in instances.

After starting at 68 in Borean Tundra, Howling Fjord, Dragonblight & Grizzly Hills, my death-knight is 76 + 12 bars, that leaves me 3 levels for 5 zones I have left.

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

"Try to patch?" ???

that may be due to overtuned DK damage maybe?

Oeh,, can't wait.
    Hopefully they'll fix the rogue trees now... hopefully...

They mostly come out on Fridays... mostly.

I don't agree. 10% is about 190000xp less. Average non-elite quests give around 20k XP, so that means what? 10 quests less?
    With rested state atm I get ~1900xp per kill, and it's almost double that in instances.

After starting at 68 in Borean Tundra, Howling Fjord, Dragonblight & Grizzly Hills, my death-knight is 76 + 12 bars, that leaves me 3 levels for 5 zones I have left.
    Northrend zones are huge, you shouldn't need to do all Northrend quests to get to level 80. Choosing where you actually want to level is much better than having to do absolutely everything.

That probably means the changes are in but everything that was changed isn't functioning yet.

Hope Murmur won't be the only PTR server!

And pls come with new build so I have something to read about tomorrow :P

What about the EU servers? Q,Q

eu servers and testers are a second thought always have been you just need to get used to it.

sad and true no matter how much blizzard deny it

i aint moaning just posting a observation from past beta/test times :P

Just check EU beta forums, we get a single (active) blue poster that isn't a dev. US get a load of devs to answer them, lucky bastards :.

Well, devs live in the US and post in US forum. Kinda logic

Lvling speed will be nice. I hate Hellfire Peninsula now :<

Quote Originally Posted by feac
    eu servers and testers are a second thought always have been you just need to get used to it.

sad and true no matter how much blizzard deny it

i aint moaning just posting a observation from past beta/test times :P
    Pitty since EU does have generally have slightly more decicated playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Premade Characters
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Premades weren't supposed to be active today
    Actually, the premades being available on the existing realms was a mistake. They are being removed. There will be a specific premade realm. (Source)
    i like how the op in that thread goes like there should be a way to tell whether characters are premades or not, cause people who level their characters to 80 will be in full level 80 pvp gear that look like season 4

Quote Originally Posted by GT4
    Northrend zones are huge, you shouldn't need to do all Northrend quests to get to level 80. Choosing where you actually want to level is much better than having to do absolutely everything.
    I'm doing all the quests just to see what's worth doing while leveling, and what should be left for gold at 80.
    If I have 3 full zones of quests to do just for gold, it will be quite rewarding

And it's not entirely due to the overtuned DK damage, it's the same on my shammy & druid as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Acid
    Gave me a chuckle at least. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Fenom
    i like how the op in that thread goes like there should be a way to tell whether characters are premades or not, cause people who level their characters to 80 will be in full level 80 pvp gear that look like season 4
    Actually, I'm pretty sure they are still flagged once renamed and such just in the data file it creates.

And I'm hoping to see some interesting stuff here for classes, especially since they seem to be getting close to wanting to put some content on the PTR as well.