Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Warlock talent changes (8905)

Looking through the talent calc now. Mostly a reserved post. As soon as I opened it though one popped out.

41 point tier in Affliction, tied to UA: Pandemic - 3 points. Each time you deal damage with Corruption or Unstable Affliction you have a chance equal to your spell critical chance to deal 33% additional damage.

More in a bit...

Edit 1: Wording on Everlasting Affliction seems different, might just be me.

New Shadow Embrace: Your SB and Haunt apply the SE effect increasing all periodic damage dealt to the target by you by 2% and reduces all periodic healing done to the target by 3%. Lasts for 12 seconds, stacks up to 2 times. Still a 5 point talent.

Edit 2: Chaos Bolt again appears to be [NYI]

Edit 3: Improved Demonic Tactics: Increases your summoned demon's critical strike chance by 10% of your critical chance

That seems to cover the big changes barring subtle swaps in where things are in the trees/number tweaks. If you notice any additional changes feel free to post.

Edit 4: Pandemic was put in Eradication's spot and Eradication is now next to Contagion.

Re: Warlock talent changes (8905)

So with these new changes I was thinking this for a serious raiding affliction build:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000

/discuss.
    This user has been banned.

Will be, imo, the best raiding spec for the shear amount of utility and power it packs in. +hit talents will be mostly worthless with Soulshatter in demo as always, freeing up more points for Affliction and still allowing you to go deep enough in Destruction for 5/5 Devastation and the threat reduction. Any affliction build w/o Everlasting Affliction is kinda meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Varithorn1
    So with these new changes I was thinking this for a serious raiding affliction build:

/discuss.
    The way Everlasting Affliction is worded now makes it seem like at every tick, each dot gains an additional 5% of your spell power. Why would you not get this!

I assume that isn't intended, and I also haven't heard much of it on beta. But why would hit rating be useless? Hit>every other stat. And also you need amp curse or afflict failz!

Affliction Warlocks have needed the Pandemic change for a LONG time....

Gratz Aff Locks!
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

/discuss.
    good but i prefer mine :P
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warlock
    now if i could squeeze one point from somewhere to rank max death's embrace, it would be perfect :P
    as for eradication..
    is a must have..
    5 point --> 5% bonus spelldmg on most dots + autorenew corru from shadowbolt = EPIC WIN
    imho if they raise just one bit mind you, even a global 0.1 added to all dots coefficient... hell affli would be KING of raiding spec for lock, much, much more powerful then its besotted brother spec (demonology) and on par with fire destru :P

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticSong

Will be, imo, the best raiding spec for the shear amount of utility and power it packs in. +hit talents will be mostly worthless with Soulshatter in demo as always, freeing up more points for Affliction and still allowing you to go deep enough in Destruction for 5/5 Devastation and the threat reduction. Any affliction build w/o Everlasting Affliction is kinda meh.
    Hit is by far the best stat that Warlocks can stack. Putting points into Suppression and then none into Cataclysm will do nothing for you seeing that you are going to have to stack that 3% hit for SB spam anyway.

I am thinking this might be the Affliction build of WotLK:

@Varith

Read the whole post. I said Hit TALENTS (the lock ones) are worthless because neither of them effect Soulshatter. And wtf are you talking about Amp Curse for? Worthless point for raiding unless we get the opportunity to throw CoA/CoD up.

Anyway, one thing I noticed. Currently looking for a point to take away to fill out Shadow Embrace. Will Death's Embrace effect Pandemic? Also, first 2 ranks of Death's Embrace state that increases the crit chance of ''Shadow spells'' while rank 3 specifies Haunt and SB, which I assume is just an incorrect tooltip (for rank 3).

Edit: People need to learn to read fucking posts. The suppression points are filler. For the last time, THE HIT TALENTS ARE WORTHLESS BECAUSE SOULSHATTER IS IN DEMO, and NOT effected by either of the hit talents so you NEED to hit cap anyway.

Why is it still useless? You need hit rating for raids, so the hit talents are useful. Also Amp curse lowering the GCD for curses is a great, even if it is only used every 20+ seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazi
    Hit is by far the best stat that Warlocks can stack. Putting points into Suppression and then none into Cataclysm will do nothing for you seeing that you are going to have to stack that 3% hit for SB spam anyway.

I am thinking this might be the Affliction build of WotLK:

yup but let's remember that a LOT of us will arrive to naxx-like content with t6 level gear, with a MORE then acceptable hit rating..
    it would just require to re-gem to hit to get hit-cap easily and then swap out t6 pieces gradually in favour of pre-raiding/early-raiding gear :P

Varith, what part of ''Soulshatter is Demo and NOT effected by hit talents'' are you not getting? You still NEED to fucking hit cap to cap Soulshatter so why waste the points in hit talents when you will, again, HAVE CAPPED HIT ANYWAY.

No need to be rude. These talents can help you along, since all caps will probably be raised.

I'm really, really liking the concept of Pandemic

i looked at it and immediately wanted to dps test it in a raid environment
    www.myspace.com/curseofdoom

...Warlock Hip-Hop To Melt Wax and Face...

3/3 pandemic - Each time you deal damage with Corruption or Unstable Affliction, you have a chance equal to your spell critical strike chance to deal 100% additional damage.

so basically a crit that is not effected as much by resilience.. about time blizzard, deathknights got it why shouldnt we (except theres hit other targets nearby

5/5 shadow embrace - (tooltip is bugged ) Your Shadow Bolt and Haunt spells apply the Shadow Embrace effect, increasing all periodic damage dealt to the target by you by 0%, and reduces all periodic healing done to the target by 1 to 0%. Lasts for . Stacks up to 2 times.

will end up being fixed as Your Shadow Bolt and Haunt spells apply the Shadow Embrace effect, increasing all periodic damage dealt to the target by you by 5%, and reduces all periodic healing done to the target by 12%. Lasts for . Stacks up to 2 times.

meaning 10% more damage if its stacked and 24% less healing from HoTs horray for HoT MS on locks

theres to many affliction talents !!!!! its hard to choose :P and 3 welcome changes(maybe more)! Death's embrace "buff", pandemic and Shadows embrace change^^
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA - 23/03/2014 View Post
    Seriously. Someone bookmark this. If we go all the way from 6.0 to 7.0 and there is never a paid Garrison feature on the blizzard store, I will go to the store, purchase a hat and film myself eating it.

Why is it still useless? You need hit rating for raids, so the hit talents are useful. Also Amp curse lowering the GCD for curses is a great, even if it is only used every 20+ seconds.
    If you're putting up CoE, then you only put up a curse every 5 min, so it's useless. If you have that taken care of, then you'll probably put up CoR or CoW, which are both 2 min, I believe, so again it's useless. If all of it is somehow taken care of, you'll probably be using Doom, so once every 1 min is still probably not worth taking points out of anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC
    3/3 pandemic - Each time you deal damage with Corruption or Unstable Affliction, you have a chance equal to your spell critical strike chance to deal 100% additional damage.

so basically a crit that is not effected as much by resilience.. about time blizzard, deathknights got it why shouldnt we (except theres hit other targets nearby

5/5 shadow embrace - (tooltip is bugged ) Your Shadow Bolt and Haunt spells apply the Shadow Embrace effect, increasing all periodic damage dealt to the target by you by 0%, and reduces all periodic healing done to the target by 1 to 0%. Lasts for . Stacks up to 2 times.

will end up being fixed as Your Shadow Bolt and Haunt spells apply the Shadow Embrace effect, increasing all periodic damage dealt to the target by you by 5%, and reduces all periodic healing done to the target by 12%. Lasts for . Stacks up to 2 times.

meaning 10% more damage if its stacked and 24% less healing from HoTs horray for HoT MS on locks
    Actually, the first rank of Shadow Embrace claims that periodic damage is increased by 2%, periodic healing decreased by 3%, meaning that this would ultimately lead to 20% more damage and 30% less healing from HoTs.

I'm kind of digging the 'bloat' in affliction. It's not filled with total garbage talents (maybe a couple) now. It actually gives some room for choice in spec rather than going straight to 51 points and then burning 20 elsewhere. There's room for diversity, and the number of really good talents makes for some hard choices which is both refreshing and positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazi
    Actually, the first rank of Shadow Embrace claims that periodic damage is increased by 2%, periodic healing decreased by 3%, meaning that this would ultimately lead to 20% more damage and 30% less healing from HoTs.

im guessing thats bugged that why i assumed its 5% stackable to 10%.... 20% would be too much combined with imp sbolt

blizzard isnt that dumb

on that note... if i can count on a moonkin or deathknight in the raid heres my new PvE Affliction DPS spec hoping it can keep up with other specs

edit* will juggle points if threat turns out too high