Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Misery Un-nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by kartu3
    It's a bad change. Because we already scale well with spellpower AND you cannot compensate scaling with haste/crit with better scaling from spellpower. And even gear from the very first raid dungeon in WOTLK comes with both crit and haste.
    Bull.

Sp are finally getting a huge buff to the outgoing DPS and we needed it seeing we are not the sole mana returners in a possible raid / party anymore when WOTLK comes out. (or the new patch for that matter).

Mind Flay scaling is going to be godly, with what, 96% spell power coefficient and crits?

Mind Blast was good and is going to get better.

It's basically a parallel, slightly nerfed, to all the "Imp. Fireball/whatever spell" that other casters have.

Things are looking up.

Not trying to be offensive or anything, just looking for a link that shows it will be

Quote Originally Posted by MaritnR
    {[Base damage + (spellpower*coefficient)]*modifiers} + (Spellpower*0.15)
    And not

Quote Originally Posted by MaritnR
    {[Base damage + (spellpower*coefficient) + (Spellpower*0.15)] * Modifiers}
    I assume this would take some theorycrafting from beta to find out, but as far as I know it's typically the second way.

Quote Originally Posted by kartu3
    It's a bad change. Because we already scale well with spellpower AND you cannot compensate scaling with haste/crit with better scaling from spellpower. And even gear from the very first raid dungeon in WOTLK comes with both crit and haste.
    As far as Mind Flay and Mind Blast go, they both recieve perfectly fine scaling from Crit and Haste.

If you are saying that Spriests needed a buff to DoTs and not Mind Flay/Blast than you may have a point.

There was a thread recently on the Blizz forums that indicated that having DoTs scale with Crit would be a very minor buff and possibly not worth the talent points, which I am inclined to agree with.