Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Core Hounds new exotic pet.

yes now that is an epic looking corehound...green/yellow one is bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by squall14716
    No, you can't. They either have to be attack you or CC'd, and nothing in Molten Core can be crowd controlled. You'll need a healer or an absolutely obscene amount of stamina - an amount that I don't think can be touched. As I said earlier, make friends with a druid.
    Apparently I am incorrect in this post. It hits hard, but apparently someone else managed to pull off a solo tame. He is a braver man than me.

Currently known tameable corehounds that are easily accessable:

Krukken
    How to get there: Head out east from exodar, follow the road and head northward and enter the cave with the moonkins. You can't miss it, there's a bunch of furblogs out there.
    Pros/Cons: Its a white corehound but its only lvl 55 if you get it the minute you spec bm.....

Core Rager, Ancient Core Hound
    How to get there: Start a raid, head into BRD and talk to the elf guy... or take the long way, head down to Throne room in BRD but make a right before the door and head on in.
    Pros/Cons: Its a big red scary fire breathing two headed dog..... but you will need to find a few buddies to help you survive the taming process.... they do hurt a bit

Spawn of Uvuros, Uvuros
    How to get there: Head eastward from the altar of Gul'dan (the place where you summon the giant fire giant for the last part of Cipher of Damnation)
    Pros/Cons: They are both out the open and pretty easy to access.... They are pretty common so its a draw back and a blessing.... For those who wants to tame Uvuros.... you might wanna bring a few healer friends with you as you might not survive the encounter solo......

My thoughts on the pet:

Well they redid the trees for pets so charge is easily access..... Lava Breath kicks ass as a dps skill but it seems to act like a really long dragonhawk's firebreath so i m hoping it won't break cc.....

I am having an issue with that and charge going off at the same time and the lava breath completely missing the target..... although the part where my corehound looks like a fire-spewing train looks kick ass.... Makes for a decent leveling pet but not the best thing in the world to tank with since it seems to lose aggro at the end of the flight.... but the mobs gonna die either way so it really didnt matter much.....

Other than that, this is a really really fun pet, i suggest you get it

current pet roster:

71 moth (location: Borean Thundra), 66 wasp (location: Zangamarsh swamp, replace at 75 with the sapphire wasp), 70 jormungand worm (location: Borean Thundra), 69 core hound (location: shadowmoon valley), 70 sporebat (location, heroic UB, at the entrance)
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

Quite nice, always wanted a core hound :>

15+ Year Old Account

I never really noticed Core Hounds that much until now, im looking forward to taming one