SP 394
    HIT 79
    CS 144
    HASTE 79
    MP5 17
    RED 3
    Yellow 4
    Blue 0

Looking at them, they dont seem too bad, Nuker gets more hit haste and CS, the only problem I see is the spirit on healer set is nice IF you get hit capped,

Looking at the pieces seperatly, Healer gloves offer 15 more spell power (through 49 spirit and twisted faith) at the cost of 35 haste (about 1%@80) and 14CS (about 0.3% @80)now I'd prolly go for the nuker set, but cant see much there.

Where it gets interesting is the Shoulders. IF you can hit cap else where (Which will be hard given nurfbat on shadow focus) you can swap 44 haste and 36 hit for 44 spirit (13SP) and 36CS... which would be tasty

For once though I LIKE the itemisation on a shadow set :O:O:O

Re: First impressions of NAX 10 man sets

Well, if you take a look at the ring/necks and so on that drops in there, they have loads of hitrating on them. This is only the first loot we see...and if i start to add all hitrating together... i might get hitcapped just from this loot.
    Thx Blizz for adding damage to Misery... +3% hitrating from Misery will be useless when we get Naxx rated gear.

The gear looks awesome btw..but recyckle the T3 armor looks???? Naaa.....they should be unique imo.

Way, way too much crit on the set, it's less of a healer set and more of a "Go Disc or fuck you" set.

merin you havent heard of mind flay being able to crit i guess?

gief crit rating now ! ;p

Ye, and Crit gives us more spelldamage. I think there going to be a little hard to find the balance between crit/spellpower/haste and spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Merin
    Way, way too much crit on the set, it's less of a healer set and more of a "Go Disc or fuck you" set.
    Blizzard have stated that they want to standardise itemisation for all the armor types, that means that in an ideal world that all casters will want the same stats on them, all healers want the same, all melee leather dps want the same etc etc etc.

That way when a guild clears content they aren't left looting items that are just totally redundant. If itemisation caters to everyone in the raid then it means more useful loot for your guild.

I will say though that spriests may be delving into healer loot quite a bit and it may just be with the changes relating to spellpower than shifting out of shadow form and throwing some heals will be more viable than ever. We will be able to heal at the same power as a healer (less talents) due to spellpower, so it may be worth doing. As for hit rating, I dont percieve we'll have to work that hard for it, we get 6% hit from talents curtousy of shadow focus & misery... that means we need to make up an additional 4% in gear than we curently have to and tbh most people run at 101 hit not the 76 min hit to go 4/5 shadow focus... so it's 2% hit in most people's cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Merin
    i disagree, the set with crit. is extremely good for smite priests, enabling them to do better dps via surge of light and healing if they decide to switch to that role (with 71 points, they can affectively do both jobs). as well, more crit means more inspiration proc. 25% armor increase can make the healer's job a lot easier.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Smite is still a spec? No wai!
    This user has been banned.

lol yes if you want to do something different with your holy priest. of course the general responds i get from people is similar to yours. the "wtf is smite?" "wait..2 holy priest in group?" etc etc etc.

but i think smite will have its own spot in wotlk. switch to healing on boss, do affective dps on trash mobs. when you level up, you can heal 5 men easily and grind up pretty fast if you pick up spirit tap. now that the healing/damage are combined into "spell power", you don't even have to switch too many pieces of your gear. here's a sample talent speci i came up with.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...00000000000000

with reflective shield as optional, either replace it with healing focus+silent resolve, or healing focus + improve DS (nerfed so i have my doubts), or aspiration, or grace.

Just a random thing I'd like to add. Since Naxx set will be tier 3 recolored. I'd roll a female priest right away. I can't see anyone (especially human male priests) to actually look serious in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anglarana
    merin you havent heard of mind flay being able to crit i guess?

gief crit rating now ! ;p
    You haven't heard of Holy Spec I guess? Merin was obviously referring to healing sets

I want to see the healing set be lighter shades than the shadow set. Shadow priests should be dark and menacing, the healing set should be lighter.

The way the gear looks is important to me. Especially if I'm going to run around in it all the time. I want to look good. lol

i agree, but i doubt blizzard will change that because tbh, they are pretty lazy now a days when it comes to gear design. -_-

is it me or is it that the red/brown just looks horrible on priests? remind me of those scarlet crusade dudes.

15+ Year Old Account

If they keep them without bonuses you can just switch in between items as you want to.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.