Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Penance and Dispersion...suck?

the new penance change:

1395 mana, does 184 holy damage to an enemy; or; 670 to 756 healing to a friendly target ever sec for 3 sec

WTF is the point in the damage part? 1395 mana for 184 damage? WHY?

and am i the only one completely unimpressed with dispersion? they take away our ability to use pots and give us a 51 point move that essentially says ''ok shadowpriests can use pots''.

The most boring 51 pointer i've seen.

THIS THREAD HAS CHANGED TO DISPERSION SUGGESTION, to avoid you having to read all the pages just reply to this:

/////
    Okay there are a few things which spell the end for shadowpriests:

- (HUNTER) Hunting Party 5/5: Your critical hits have a 100%(now 60%) chance of restoring 2% mana (300 assuming 15k mana) 10 energy, 4 rage, or 10 runic power to all members of your party; 8 second cooldown

- (DRUID) Replenish 3/3: Your rejuvenation spell has a 15% chance to restore 10 energy, 5 rage, 10 runic power, 2% mana (300 assuming 15k mana) per tick. (No cooldown afaik)

Not to mention hunters will out dps us given the current talent trees; and we havent recieved ANY OTHER RAID UTILITY IN THE SHADOW TREE.

Warlocks will be raiding shadow too so no more ISB uptime, another indirect nerf.

So tell me; do you take the hunter, who can push more dps and give mana/energy/rage/runic power to the party (not to mention aspects), or a shadowpriest who can give slightly more mana?
    \\\\\

Re: Penance and Dispersion...suck?

Dispersion for me is an Epic fail talent. If i had the choice 5% from ve and chain mana pot any day over this lame talent.Worst part is your gonna need to keep your gonan need to add this shit talent into the rotation to make sure you keep 100% uptime on dots as you are unable to cast while in dispertion

its propably very situational pve talent since personal regen will be much better in wotlk. but for pvp this thing is kind a sweet and needed there.
    thing im worried looks like shadowpriest is now second grade manabattery when ou compare it to surv hunters that give you % of your total manapool. Spell mana costs have been scaled up more than the effects (unless they rework spell-coeffincy) adding VT nerf to that making VT a bit weak. tho its hard to say anything about raid dmg yet seeing tier 1 bosses got more than 13000000 health so its very possible they change the way spells scale with spellpower.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrakech
    the new penance change:

1395 mana, does 184 holy damage to an enemy; or; 670 to 756 healing to a friendly target ever sec for 3 sec

WTF is the point in the damage part? 1395 mana for 184 damage? WHY?
    You are way off base with Penance...

It's affected by both MA and Rapture, giving it a significant reduction in mana cost. (And if you still dont like it use Inner Focus with it : )

ALSO the spell power coefficient as of now is (I believe) 120% - basically it's pretty bad ass right now for an instant cast 3 second D/HOT.

Dispersion for pvp... it's solid. From a pve standpoint... it's not terrible, but it should be better. From what I've read, chain potting is gone, and VT nerfed a long time ago to 2%. However, we also get 5% more dmg from disc tier one talent, only casting sw ONCE per fight, and getting huge buffs to spirit (spirit tap and twisted faith). Our mana battery is being nerfed, but our actual dmg is being buffed a TON. Stop whining about priest talents imo, its probably the most balanced set of talents compared to the other classes.

Dispersion is a pvp talent, qq

Penance is 184 every second for 3 seconds, affected by full spellpower and talents.. its not bad, especially becase it can heal too.
    It's just a game.

penance gets 120% total or each tick gets 120% of spell dmg?

Quote Originally Posted by yeknom366
    but our actual dmg is being buffed a TON. Stop whining about priest talents imo, its probably the most balanced set of talents compared to the other classes.
    yes, our damage is getting buffed, but so is everyone elses; we will STILL be 14/15th dps in raids only this time we have way less utility.

few reasons to take a shadowpriest over surv hunter in wotlk (shackle?)

Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn
    Penance is 184 every second for 3 seconds, affected by full spellpower and talents.. its not bad, especially becase it can heal too.
    Compare it to Mind Flay at level 80, which is 230 damage per second for 3 seconds. Albeit, the mana cost is... significantly... less. Assuming the mana cost is reworked a little bit, or the damage is scaled up to be more in line with the mana cost, this might give a little more stability to a holy smite build than is currently offered by the surge of light-dependant hybrid holy build Smite DPSers use nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrakech
    yes, our damage is getting buffed, but so is everyone elses; we will STILL be 14/15th dps in raids only this time we have way less utility.
    Oh yeah, they buff everyone so everyone will be the same that they were in TBC for no reason.

Sarcasm aside, Shadow Priests will be able to compete with other classes in damage a bit better now. So there.

15+ Year Old Account

Disperion is one hell of a talent. For 6 seconds you only take 10% of the damage dealt to you and you gain 6% of your health and mana every 1 second. Anyone crying that is isn't good, doesn't know what's good for a Shadowpriest. For PVP that is. Then again, why not for PVE: A 100k hit will only deal 10k damage, meaning you can survive any attack of any raidboss in the game.

You practically become a Rogue using Cloak of Shadows. I don't understand the QQ. Most Shadowpriests I see whine that they don't have something to survive/lose aggro like Mages with Ice Block or Hunters with Feign Death. Now you finally have something.
    Statix will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Statix
    Disperion is one hell of a talent. For 6 seconds you only take 10% of the damage dealt to you and you gain 6% of your health and mana every 1 second. Anyone crying that is isn't good, doesn't know what's good for a Shadowpriest. For PVP that is. Then again, why not for PVE: A 100k hit will only deal 10k damage, meaning you can survive any attack of any raidboss in the game.

You practically become a Rogue using Cloak of Shadows. I don't understand the QQ. Most Shadowpriests I see whine that they don't have something to survive/lose aggro like Mages with Ice Block or Hunters with Feign Death. Now you finally have something.
    its got nothing to do w/ `losing aggro`.

Aggro will not be a problem in WotLK. We got 2 talents to reduce threat.

OT: I think Dispersion is a great talent, in both PvP and PvE. I dont think Penance is so bad either.

You practically become a Rogue using Cloak of Shadows.
    Note: while under the effect of Disperion (or whatever), you are unable to attack or cast spells. Just so you know that.

Anyone crying that is isn't good, doesn't know what's good for a Shadowpriest. For PVP that is.
    PVP yeh, i raid.

Then again, why not for PVE: A 100k hit will only deal 10k damage, meaning you can survive any attack of any raidboss in the game.
    because if i'm doing my job i shouldn't take any direct hits like that in a raid.

nah, aggro isnt/wont be a problem endgame raiding (tbc or wotlk)

Quote Originally Posted by dominara
    Anyone who thinks that Dispersion is a bad talent hasn't done any kind of decent raiding.
    Yeah I'm sure you have no use for it wiping on Heroics.
    don't wipe on heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by dominara
    In T6 onwards certain bosses deal alot of damage to you. Popping Dispersion when you wander into Doomfire(a.), get targeted by Dark Barrage or one of the many other high damage abilities that get thrown at you is really going to help the raid. Personally I have low health due to bad luck with drops(b.), this is just what I need to keep that PvP Stamina gear in my bags where it belongs.
    For all other times you regen a big amount of mana. Do you seriously want to farm massive amounts of mana potions instead of having a regen talent like this!?(c.) You don't raid obviously(d.), you can't even use Shadowfiend on a fair few fights.

And then as an added bonus this makes your PvE spec a little better for PvP.(e.)

It's Iceblock + Innervate!
    Okay.. a few things:

(a.) you shouldn't be walking into doomfire in the first place; raid encounters arent designed so that you will require dispersion so why do we need it? for moments that we fuck up? we shouldn't be fucking up in the first place.
    (b.) okay, how do you have any say then; you clearly do not have the best raiding gear.
    (c.) yes i would rather chug mana pots than have this 51 pointer
    (d.) yes i raid SWP
    (e.) trying to spec for both pve and pvp is simply fail, not a valid point and if you're saying dispersion is a pvp talent i would tend to agree.

word

Okay.. a few things:

- yes i raid SWP.
    - yes i would rather chug mana pots than have this 51 pointer
    - you shouldn't be walking into doomfire in the first place; raid encounters arent designed so that you will require dispersion so why do we need it? for moments that we fuck up? we shouldn't be fucking up in the first place.
    - about the pvp spec thing; trying to spec for both pve and pvp is simply fail, not a valid point and /care for pvp when i'm raiding.

On fights like Mother (Fatal attraction), Council (Deadly poison and bound to take a tick from some AoE), Illidan(dark barrage) its a great talent where you are bound to take some damage and you could possibly die. The fact that we cant use spells while dispersing isnt exciting but there are times when you need to regen mana on the move while pots are down (Archimonde etc). Its a pretty decent talent but id expect to see a few changes to it before WotLK
    Zinge
    Officer of <Smitus and Friends> 7/7M 10/10M
    US 10th

Quote Originally Posted by Zinge
    On fights like Mother (Fatal attraction), Council (Deadly poison and bound to take a tick from some AoE), Illidan(dark barrage) its a great talent where you are bound to take some damage and you could possibly die. The fact that we cant use spells while dispersing isnt exciting but there are times when you need to regen mana on the move while pots are down (Archimonde etc). Its a pretty decent talent but id expect to see a few changes to it before WotLK
    Okay, my guild farms BT and Hyjal with no unavoidable deaths because our healers know what they're doing; your point is still just saying dispersion is for oshit moments.

I guess blizzard assume we will fuck up a lot so took some of the skill away from us here?

Bottom line is it's a boring needless talent that will benefit casual/ less skilled raiders or people who cba to grind pots. THAT BEING SAID; with the current pot nerf perhaps i was too harsh on dispersion. BUT STILL, not allowing us to take more than 1 pot per combat was a stupid idea, and giving us this to compensate is a hell of a shit fix. It's like making all raid bosses arcane immune then giving mages a 51 pointer that reads ''your spells ignore all arcane resistances and immunity''.

THis talent is far from decent. My guild just finished bt and soon to start sunwell and all i can say is people that give stupid examples like dark barage my healers have no problem healing through it and prob end phase 2 with 90%+ mana so no really biggie for them. This talent stinks and i would chain chug any day over this talent.