Thread: reckoning

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

reckoning

i know reckoning for a prot pally is dumb but now with the new changes will it be a good talent to take up. if we stack with expertise it should be ok to use right .fyi my main is a prot pally but im not in beta so i dont really know how the new changes have a affect on us ,reckoning was one talent i loved but had to loose

Deleted

Re: reckoning

Reckoning is still not worth it. The better gear you have the less often reckoning procs. That hasn't changed. You CAN take it if you wish, but I find a lot more useful talents there to spend points in.

Quote Originally Posted by cerubus
    i know reckoning for a prot pally is dumb but now with the new changes will it be a good talent to take up. if we stack with expertise it should be ok to use right .fyi my main is a prot pally but im not in beta so i dont really know how the new changes have a affect on us ,reckoning was one talent i loved but had to loose
    Just commenting before somebody asks the inevitable "Why is Reckoning terrible?" question. Short answers in Bold, long answers in the Wall-o'-text (so you have no reason to point it out!)

Reckoning is currently activated by being injured; when you're hit, there's a 2/4/6/8/10% chance that it will activate. This in itself is broken, as a tank wants to avoid being hit. When you're geared to Uncrushability, you will almost never see Reckoning activate. Strike one.

When activated, Reckoning causes your next 4 attacks within 8 seconds to cause an additional attack. Sounds great; you hit enemies more, generating threat. The only problem is, most tankadins are concerned with such a wide variety of stats that +Hit and +Expertise tend to fall by the wayside (Generally you'll have 5 expertise from Combat Expertise and some Tankadins snag Precision, although in WotLK, this talent is being removed). Thus, your attacks are more likely to be parried, giving bosses an opportunity to increase their attack speed and hit you even more. Strike 2.

Finally, Reckoning is a 5 point talent that gives you a 10% chance (which, for reasons mentioned above, is 10% when you manage to actually get hit) to hit 4 extra times (assuming your weapon speed is fast enough). Even if it does occur, this isn't that much of a DPS increase compared to straight up damage increase talents (even something like 5 points in One-Hand Weapon Specialization, which is pretty bad too). This is a great example of what people mean by 'bloated'; lots of points, little payoff. Strike three.

Several players have suggested Reckoning be able to proc off dodge or parry (my favorites), blocks (probably too strong), or work similar to Overpower (enemy does x, allows you to use Reckoning). Honestly, anything would be better than what we have now, a classic example of Blizzard completely missing the point, kinda like Imp. Concentration Aura being in Prot for all these years.
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

why not just move the talent lower into the tree, make it proc 5 swings instantly and rename the skill from Reckoning to "Sh!t Storm"

Reckoning is one of the VERY few talents that is actually made LESS worthwhile by another talent in the SAME tree. Reckoning procs by being hit, yet we have talents that reduce our chance to be hit.

Just a little idea...

Reckoning, 5/5
    Gives you a 20% chance after parrying or dodging an attack the next 4 attacks within 10 seconds will generate an additional attack. The additional swing cannot be dodged or parried.

Just a general fix for the talent. Upped the percent to account because of a less chance of it proccing.

Quote Originally Posted by Moar Pew Pew
    Just a little idea...

Reckoning, 5/5
    Gives you a 20% chance after parrying or dodging an attack the next 4 attacks within 10 seconds will generate an additional attack. The additional swing cannot be dodged or parried.

Just a general fix for the talent. Upped the percent to account because of a less chance of it proccing.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...05200000000000 - with this pvp spec, it would be quite overpowered vs rogues / hunters / Warriors.
    Wait, why does it matter?

Jesus was black, the government did 9/11, Ronald Reagan was the Devil and WoW is a game

Quote Originally Posted by Thorold
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...05200000000000 - with this pvp spec, it would be quite overpowered vs rogues / hunters / Warriors.
    I dont see anyone gearing for Parry/Dodge in PvP any time soon... If anything the old version would be more OP.

Edit:

Didnt bother reading the spec, I get the idea. But no Repentance? This makes very little sense.

Also, in regards to that spec; why not Anticipation for the increased chance to Dodge (and thus activate Reckoning)?
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

Quote Originally Posted by Retrogames
    Also, in regards to that spec; why not Anticipation for the increased chance to Dodge (and thus activate Reckoning)?
    I checked what you are talking about, and now I agree haha.

Anyway, you can also try to fight from behind the Pally (Lawl, like most people dont?) to eliminate Parry.

I dont see anyone gearing for Parry/Dodge in PvP any time soon... If anything the old version would be more OP.

Edit:

Didnt bother reading the spec, I get the idea. But no Repentance? This makes very little sense.
    Ya, this is one reason why I am against changing Reckoning, while it is not good for actual tanking, it might be viable in a Ret PVP spec.

Probably actually agree with no Repentance, in PVP it has little use IMO (one minute cooldown, lol). But I'd change around the spec a little...

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...15200000000000

*Anti-Movement duration stack oddly, it is actually best to go for the full 50% from Toughness then go for any in divine purpose (the other version would end up as 33% from Divine Purpose + 1/5 Toughness, while this one is a full 50%)
    * Blessing of Sanc is worth the one point. Place it on yourself if getting aimed and 3% less damage + 6% from RF will make it like we are in defensive stance without the damage lose and will obtain good amount of mana back from any dodges/parrys/blocks (if shield on) we do.
    * The extra affects from DP and AoW (the miss effects) will actually work against this spec while the pure damage mitigation (imo RF, BoSanc) will not. It WILL be worth going for AoW of course if you are teaming up with a class that is weak to stuns, etc.
    * Imp Ret Aura will punish people even more for aiming you or your party and will add up (on top of E4E + Reckoning).
    * Not going for Imp Judgement or HotC is just silly, HotC is pretty much a 3% damage increase for anyone aiming the person you just judged. But yes, points will need to go into Parry if Reckoning is changed, hopefully it is not IMO, but NOT points from Imp Judge and/or HotC.

One thing that I am looking forward to is Prot specs in arena. Blizz has stated they want those specs to be viable, and I find that awesome. Since Hammer of the Righteous no longer requires one handed weapons, we may be formidable.

One thing that I am looking forward to is Prot specs in arena. Blizz has stated they want those specs to be viable, and I find that awesome. Since Hammer of the Righteous no longer requires one handed weapons, we may be formidable.
    Currently HotR is still only 1hander, I would also like it to be usable with all weapons to make Prot viable in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by wingman
    Currently HotR is still only 1hander, I would also like it to be usable with all weapons to make Prot viable in arena.
    On every talent calculator/list it states that it doesnt. Can anyone confirm/deny?

On every talent calculator/list it states that it doesnt. Can anyone confirm/deny?
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=53595
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/.../talents2.html

I don't trust WoWhead in the slightest, since it's notoriously outdated, but I can't argue with the official site lol. /Shake fist at MMO.

Reckoning, 5/5
    I like the general idea but I would miss the stacking of reckoning. How about this?

Reckoning Bomb, 5/5
    Gives you a 30% chance after parrying, dodging, or blocking an attack you gain Holy Reckoning. This ability can stack up to 4 times and lasts 30 sec. Using Reckoning Bomb consumes all of the paladins Holy Reckoning and does x amount of holy damage per stack.

(x=the apropriate amount as to not be OP. I suggest something based off of main handed weapon damage)

Now that sounds like fun!!!
    WTB Spell/Grammer check?

Keep it as it is: it's a PvP talent.

Keep it as it is: it's a PvP talent.

lol

cus PVP as prot is fun.