Once upon a time

One thing i was wondering while scrolling through all the post/reading Warcraft history was... why aren't Pallies immuned to desease, corruption and fear anymore? We fight undead/demons and a vast majority of them cast fear/desease/curse. I know we have a cleanse spell but that only takes the effect off, it does not midegate the damage. From a RP and PVE issue i dont think it is an OP trait to get say x-x% chance to resist fear or have Desease/corruption spells do x-x% less damage on a Paladin. If that idea is not viable then how about we are immune to this while Avenging Wrath is up? I dont want to compare us to warriors but they do have a similar skill are ready in place. Plus it fits into our story line. I am not sure about PVP as i only do that from boredom but would love to hear you thoughts.

On a side note - in everything from real life to fantasy if you focus on only one talent (and your good at it) you generaly become better at it then someone who studdies two to three. So why are our spells the easies to dispell in the game? You would think that having one tree would make us masters of that tree and thereby making it harder to dispell not easier. Just a thought

Deleted

Re: Once upon a time

simply put, because it would be op.
    fin

too OP

If you wanna go into warcraft history, we shouldn't have any healing spells except for Lay on Hands. Healing was known to completely drain the healer (Lets just say go oom) and make them tired enough to not be able to repeat the process for a while.

Basically, when making an MMO, you can't take the lore down to that kind of detail or else it just won't be viable or fun.

for the first 2 posts
    You state that its OP but do not say why. I mean the mechanics are already in the game to resist things from talents. I don't see how resistent to fear or such would OP anything if it was included with a talent say Avenging Wrath. I dont knock your opinion but please give a reason.

To Kairu
    hmm, i never seen that one, do you have a link? Its been awhile since i played WC but i seem to remmember casting healing multiple times. I could be wrong on that, its been awhile.

Good point.

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

[size=20pt][move][size=20pt]Falcon Punch![/size][/move]

Quote Originally Posted by TraceTheRogue
    Congratulations on the post count I guess?

[size=14pt]Read the: Paladin - Frequently Asked Questions[/size]

Maybe your looking for DnD its over there ----------->

And undead (and all constructs... IE golems also) happen to be immune to bleed effects there too. Or at least they used to, no idea about new fangled 4e.

Considering As far back as warcraft 2 paladins could cast heal fairly often(altho certainly not as often as wow holy paladins), I don't really buy the lay on hands argument.

But yes, the simple answer is that in a MMO min/max environment there is no way to counter such a powerful ability. In DnD being a paladin had TREMENDOUS benefits AND restrictions. There is no way to punish a player for not saving someone in distress every time he/she had the opportunity. And theres no way to remove all of your abilities if you act in a manner unaccording to paladin beliefs(there have been several quests as such). So the answer is to make an OP class, or water it down.

Thanks.

I was just saying, that its there, the cost in mana is almost nothing (6% Base) but it costs a GCD. Plus i think that having such a passive ability is overpowered, or unfair for other classes. What about other classses, e.g. Warlocks, they should be immune to fear aswell xP
    [size=20pt][move][size=20pt]Falcon Punch![/size][/move]

while we are at it can we take mirror image off mages and give it to 2h enhance shaman?

they are probably the closest thing to blademasters

Quote Originally Posted by ozcar
    while we are at it can we take mirror image off mages and give it to 2h enhance shaman?

ehh...how so?

Not really lol. I say Blademaster's are just a mix of Warrior and Rogue. That being said, neither of them deserve this skill.

With your logic undeads should immune to fear and bleeds, so simple no should be sufficent here.

Quote Originally Posted by TraceTheRogue
    A SHINING BEACON OF LOGIC AND INTELLIGENCE IN AN OTHERWISE STUPID THREAD.

First off, you can't cast cleanse while you are feared. Sencondly this is a reaction spell, not a proactive one. Lastly there are already mechanics in place in the game to be immuned durring durrations of said spells or racial traits the give % resistances, and some classes have spells to increase resistence to cirtain trees.

My question was how would say a 2% to resist fear or say a 5% reduction to disease/corruption damage as a baseline trait be overpowered in PVE or PVP.

Yea like a snowball's chance in H... E.... double hockey sticks.

to the OP-

Perhaps if there was a hand spell that gave a certain number of orbs (4 orbs lets say, for the sake of argument) which would absorb 4 shadow spells and protect the paladin from all or a majority of their effects until the orbs ran out. Might be OP, but i wouldn't mind there being more defenses against evil spells in our bag-o-tricks.

This just came to me also: What if after you cast said hand spell, the orbs that absorb the magic become lets say charged with each particular spell's characteristics or powerr. You could then choose to Dispel the magic around you, and slow enemies for X amount of time (or something interesting) Or Maybe Imbue your weapon with +10% damage for 15 seconds (for melee strikes only, doesn't stack with AW)

I dunno, just brainstorming here, but it could be interesting.
    Face Tomorrow - Overpowered http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YH6E5aOTgc I am overpowered...