Thread: HT/glyph

HT/glyph

Im wondering about Healing touch. Assuming the average + healing for a raiding druid now is 2000. So when wotlk comes out and you spec rest and get empowered healing touch you gain an additional 40 percent to your healing touch. Your healing touch at level 79 heals for 3750 to 4428 and with the buff it would be (+800 or 40% of 2000) 4550 to 5228.. Heres my real question.. if you use the glyph of healing touch you would reduce the cost from 33% to 8% base mana (correct me if im wrong) the casting time to 1.5 seconds but you would lose 50% healing on it so it would be 2275 to 2614 if you have HT talented. Nourish does 1883 to 2187 and 2220 to 2624 if you have a hot on the target. would you use this glyph in pve by hot-ting up the target and then spammin it because if the mana reduction that i typed is correct then it would be much more efficient then nourish as a direct heal ( by 14%). Would tranquil spirit stack with this because that would be an additional 10 percent reduction in HT cost putting it at -cost( obviously not) and if you spec in naturalist HT would be 1sec.

Re: HT/glyph

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I have no access to beta and I fail at maths.

- - -

With tranq spirit the mana cost of HT will be:

33% x 9/10 -> 30% of base mana

The cost with glyth (stack or not with talent not sure) will be possibly 22.5% - 25% of base mana.

Mana cost wise, HT will be on par with nourish.

- - -

HPS wise, I cannot comment unless I know the scaling coefficients, and the amount of healing power for level80 druids.

Regardless, if HT glyth really reduces the cast time down to 1 sec, imagine it with some hastes. Won't it be a bit OP?

Blizzard might notice this sooner or later and change it, I don't think granting druid a badass flash heal was their intention?

Edit: I didn't mention Nature's Grace can reduce the cast time down to 0.5 sec ... OMG?

- - -

I play a druid and I won't complain, whether they keep it like this or not.

P.S. I did run into trouble trying to optimize HT built but still getting all the other good resto talents, gief more talent points -.- /whine

ht glyph reduces it to 1.5 sec with talents, not 1.0 sec. basically glyphed HT is smt like nourish which scales a bit more (coefficient for unglyphed ht is around 140% so for glyphed would be 70%?) but costs much more mana. (75% of 33% ~ 25% base mana).
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

That glyph is pretty pointless, imo. You're going to lose your biggest heal (which every respectable druid is at least using on a NS+HT macro) to get a fast heal, which we ALREADY have two (regrowth and nourish).

Even if the glyphed HT ends up having more HPS than nourish, I still wouldn't accept losing our only big heal.

For the record... Regrowth is 100000 times more spammable.. and ment to be spamable...

ill show ya why

Regrowth

Heals a friendly target for 2234 to 2494 and another 2345 over 21 sec.
    29% of base mana, 40 yd range, 2 sec cast

plus...

Tree of life

Shapeshift into the Tree of Life. While in this form you increase healing received by 3% for all party and raid members within 45 yards, and you can only cast Restoration and Barkskin spells, but the mana cost of your healing over time spells is reduced by 20%.
    The act of shapeshifting frees the caster of Polymorph and Movement Impairing effects.

then Improved tree.. and yes Regrowth is considered a HoT spell...

Increases your Armor while in Tree of Life Form by 100%, and reduces the mana cost of your heal over time spells while in Tree of Life Form by an additional 15%.

then theres

Living Seed, Regrowth has a 50 % crit without any stats or gear.. prolly a 70% chance is my guess in Naxx gear.

When you critically heal your target with Swiftmend, Regrowth, Nourish or Healing Touch spell you have a 100% chance to plant a Living Seed on the target for 30% of the amount healed. The Living Seed will bloom when the target is next attacked. Lasts 15 sec.

then theres

Glyph of regrowth

Increases the amount of your initial Regrowth heal by 50% if your Regrowth effect is still active on the target.

and theres

Natures grace, with that insane crit chance.....

All spell criticals grace you with a blessing of nature, reducing the casting time of your next spell by 0.5 sec.

the "Best" single target healers in the game... spaming wise.... and with all the LB inprovements... you can prolly get a 3 stack on all the tanks now..

yea i calculated the mana cost wrongly and after the math the heal to mana ratio on nourish will be better and no need to lose your biggest heal the regrowth one is awesome and could be spammed pretty much seeing as the glyph of regrowth gives you 50 percent more on your initial regrowth heal from it lol.