What should be the pally heal cycle in WOTK?

Want to get some thoughts on what the pally heal cycle should be now in WOTK? I haven't seen anyone actually talk about this specifically. What actually will be the most efficient healing cycle now?

Could there be a potential for a Holy Shock driven healing cycle? With an occasional FoL? the 6 second CD is not much anymore, and Shock heals for quite a bit. Rank 7 HS heals for about 2500 costing 18% base mana. Rank 9 FoL heals for about 830 costing 7% base mana. Seems like Shock is more mana efficient, by about 3% base mana? Or if you were to break Shock down... it will heal 830 for about 6% base mana. So a healing cycle could be driven by Shock, and backed up by FoL during the CD if necessary. Healing would be less of a spam.

I'm not convinced that FoL is nerfed cause it uses the same amount of base mana through every rank up to its top rank (9).

Shock will be great for healing targets/tanks who are getting smashed, or in a smash phase (like Prince in Kara and other type bosses), as it will provide quick health and the good opportunity for insto-HL. While FoL could still be used to top up the target. But then again... why not just wait until more HP is lost, and throw in a Shock? As long as it is more efficient, Shock should drive the healing I believe.

Finally, I would be spamming FoL while the new Sacred Shield is active, with a pretty much 'guaranteed' FoL crit (75-80% being 'guaranteed'). Someone should do the maths (other than me lol) and figure out how much it costs to constantly keep SS up and FoL crit, vs. straight Holy Shock. SS is definitely worth at the start of a boss fight, or situational, like in different phases where the dmg on the target/tank is higher (ie. Prince).

The point of this thread is to get an opinion on whats the most mana efficient healing for the Pally now. Seems obvious, but theres no real thread dedicated to it. What do you think? How do the Glyphs change things?

Re: What should be the pally heal cycle in WOTK?

You mean theres more then the 2 rotations now ?
    Pre MH/BT: FoL FoL FoL FoL FoL FoL FoL
    Post MH/BT: FoL HL HL HL HL HL HL

My personnal favorite is the shaman:
    CH CH CH CH CH CH CH CH

Keep the tank up, its all that matters.

Holy shock has penalties because it's instant cast...it's less mana efficient. As far as "healing rotations" go...if you are the retard that spams the tank the entire time and never switches targets no matter what....I'd say stick with flash of light because anything else would probably hurt your brain. There are no "healing rotations" like dps cycles, you heal what needs to be healed, predict incoming damage and use heals accordingly.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

As I am aware instant casts doesn't get penalized, they scale like a 1,5 sec cast (global cd).

Though FoL gets more mana efficient when you get more spellpower due to it's similar scaling to HS but lower mana cost, the base FoL isn't very efficient.

Basicly when 500 healing is added to FoL the same amount is added to HS, though HS costs more than twice as much mana as FoL so at some point FoL will surpass HS in efficiency

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Chumpp
    Holy shock has penalties because it's instant cast...it's less mana efficient. As far as "healing rotations" go...if you are the retard that spams the tank the entire time and never switches targets no matter what....I'd say stick with flash of light because anything else would probably hurt your brain. There are no "healing rotations" like dps cycles, you heal what needs to be healed, predict incoming damage and use heals accordingly.
    Exactly. Good healers can do more than just spam one button. I for example always save Divine Favor for situations where I see someone taking so much damage that I won't have time to cast HL: I pop Divine Favor and then Holy Shock. Or I BoP that person if he's not tanking. You guys have heard that paladins are able to bubble others, too, haven't you?

I mostly spam FoL, yes, but depending on the situation and the gear of the others I sometimes need to start spamming HL for a while, too, and that's when I use Divine Illumination and spam HL as long as Illumination lasts. Holy shock is still always a viable choice when you need to give a quick heal to someone else.

As for switching targets...well, you should ask your raid leader to set up groups properly and then use f2-f5 to quickly switch targets Sometimes you don't end up in the same group as tanks, but that's why I have a macro on shift-f that targets the tank. (Yes, I am indeed a masopig enough not to install any healbot addons or such I still do just fine in raids )

Quote Originally Posted by Kahnugo
    As I am aware instant casts doesn't get penalized, they scale like a 1,5 sec cast (global cd).

Though FoL gets more mana efficient when you get more spellpower due to it's similar scaling to HS but lower mana cost, the base FoL isn't very efficient.

Basicly when 500 healing is added to FoL the same amount is added to HS, though HS costs more than twice as much mana as FoL so at some point FoL will surpass HS in efficiency
    Well there you go, thats helped the discussion other than the other repliers. Is that true that FoL scales with SP better than HS?

So my question still remains: will we be FoL spammers in WoTK? Of course theres plenty of variation, and paying attention to the rest of the group and throwing in alternate heals when needed, but FoL spamming is still the base healer spell right.

if you have raided end BT/swp then you would know that palas rarely use FoL anymore.... haste+HL is were its at
    FoL simply dont heal for enougth at that point, maybe the new glyphs will make a driffence but i dout it

FoL will be less mana-efficient then HL and with the half a second off HL it will get better HPM as well. FoL is probably going to turn out to be an emergency heal or a small heal to top off, but HL will probably be the preferred choice.

Hmm I was reading this and was wondering that With glyphs and Sacred shield would FL be the best healing choice in raids?....and is it best to spec part in the holy tree and ret tree to get the greatest +healing or is the Beacon a good enough reason not to? Or is HL still going to be used in later game play?

God spamming HL is sooo boring. I anticipate Holy shock will be my heal of choice, with the other two used situationally. No I haven't healed BT/SW, I'm only starting T5.