Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Naxx-10 Loot, Item changes, Blue posts

After a bit of counting the added strength on Warrior's tank gear, I noticed that I'll gain 153 str when 3.0 hits. That's 306 attack power which is kind of a big difference. Necessary, but pretty nice imo.

(first post on MMO btw)

Boooo! for undead chances! > btw did not chose undead for the racials out because i think it is the coolest class.
    I have always trough that undeads should get Polearm Specialization think it fits them and maybe daggers too.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=-PniqN3AQj4
    ●████▅▅▄▄▄▄â–

Would love to give some constructive comments on the rogue trees.... but.. there's no official topic for it on the EU forums.. and I doubt blizzard reads the MMOC forums very often.

Also, i'd love to get a hold of those official blizzard spreadsheets!
    Would be great for theorycrafting.

well after a quick trawl through the warrior gear it appears my gear balance has been completely shitted on. removing the hit from the girdle of the fearless for example really sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by jkw

Undeads gets only 1% Shadow Resist while Draeneis gets 2%? And what the hell is it with Blood Elfs get 2% to ALL (Including Shadow), I'd like a answer why.
    Night Elfs have 1% more than all other racial resistances (including Taurens, which also have nature, but only 2%?!)
    So any blue, feel free to explain the "yes, this is lower than the other resistance racials"-thingie and the reason to the lower for some and greater for some-thing.
    GL getting a blue response on mmo-champion. : Oh, and if you didn't know, blood elves are a magic-obsessed race so this racial makes sense, especially since they really got jipped with their racials(not to mention the horrible priest racials).

Quote Originally Posted by uTn
    Me neither, my UD warrior is a badass pvp:er. He'll never ever be a part of a raiding guild though due to bad (pve) racials. Guess I'm forced rolling tauren if I wanna tank high-end, especially now that endurance scales with gear.

I'm forseeing high-end raiding to be dominated by Tauren DK, druid and warrior tanks.
    Your warrior will never be part of a raiding guild because he's not a tauren? Give me a break. As if every Horde guild has tauren warriors as main tanks. Not to mention Alliance guilds, I don't think those have many taurens either.

So Draenei are now the official alliance best PvE race for deathknight with these changes? Humans a close 2nd? I could see dwarf or gnome for best PvP race depending on how worth it stone form is.

Me neither, my UD warrior is a badass pvp:er. He'll never ever be a part of a raiding guild though due to bad (pve) racials. Guess I'm forced rolling tauren if I wanna tank high-end, especially now that endurance scales with gear.

I'm forseeing high-end raiding to be dominated by Tauren DK, druid and warrior tanks.
    You read it wrong. Endurance used to scale with gear, the new version will not. Base health is a function of class (and race?) and is not affected by gear in any way, shape, or form. The old (current, on live) version does scale with gear, which is why it's being nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukaï
    Problem with this is that since TBC the Undead got dethroned by Blood Elves as 'The Popular Horde Race'. :

And rightfully so, might I add.
    Actually, there are still more undead than BE, but that will probably change now. I'm pretty sure that UD had such good racials originally because Blizz new they were ugly and a lot of people wouldn't play them because of that, so they had to give them a reason. I am sick though of all the alliance kids coming to play horde to be a blood elf.

Yay to troll racial!

Feign death for humans? WTF ?!

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Would love to give some constructive comments on the rogue trees.... but.. there's no official topic for it on the EU forums.. and I doubt blizzard reads the MMOC forums very often.
    Oh, you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninthelora
    Yeah...not cool. That's basically giving them a class ability from a class they can't even play. And at level 1 nonetheless - hunters don't get it til 30...

its more of an actually useful fade, and its on a 5m CD so its hardly game breaking

wrong. It now DOESN'T scale with gear.

Endurance used to be the definition of scaling, 5% more HP after gear, talents, stamina, everything. Now it's just some bonus based on Base HP, which NEVER CHANGES.

Note, they said it's supposed to be ~5% with GREEN gear. Lol? Imagine the HP difference between greens and epics in TBC. Yea, endurance is going to be like 1%. Might as well be Troll or Orc now for 15% shorter stuns/increased haste for more threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Oh, you never know.
    pro!

-------

P.S. confirmation of built in Salv, woot!
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

They kinda gave UD racials the shaft.... at least make it a 2% shadow resist. The nerf to WoTF is somewhat minimal but I enjoyed that 5 second window especially in a situation against fear bombing locks and priests. I rolled my UD honestly because of the looks. I couldn't stand looking at any other horde race male or female except Undead male. Now I would say there will definitely be an increase to BE's based on their revamped racials.

damn it, i was lvling a human rogue just for perception and now its been nerfed to shit. makes me want a ne rogue now instead *sigh*
    well ok not just for perception but it was one of the major reasons :P

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Devia
    GL getting a blue response on mmo-champion. : Oh, and if you didn't know, blood elves are a magic-obsessed race so this racial makes sense, especially since they really got jipped with their racials(not to mention the horrible priest racials).
    They don't have to respond here (and they won't either), but they have to explain the background on the racial skills.
    And yes, I know they are magicjunkies, but that doesn't say make em OP.
    -.-

Originally Posted by Kalgan (Blue Tracker)

Human
    • Racial "The Fall of Humanity": Feign death which may trick enemies into ignoring you. Any threat is restored versus enemies still in combat upon cancellation of this effect. 5min cooldown
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninthelora
    Quote Originally Posted by Devia
    Yeah...not cool. That's basically giving them a class ability from a class they can't even play. And at level 1 nonetheless - hunters don't get it til 30...

Read clearly: " Any threat is restored versus enemies still in combat upon cancellation of this effect. "
    So, given situation:
    Dran Tank has 100k threat on Illidan, 0 threat per second (goes afk to make a sammich)
    Nelf Hunter crits a steady shot, pushes to 131k threat, uses the "real" feign death
    Human warlock crits a shadow bolt, pushes to 131k threat, uses human "feign death
    All other dps stops (assumed ending dots or no dots).
    Illidan stays on the tank.

Tank comes back from sammich-making, gets himself to 180k threat for good measure before dps resumes (assumed: Healers don't pull aggro). The hunter rises from FD, has ZERO threat ("threat wipe"). Warlock rises from human "FD" and has 131,000 threat restored.

Result: The new racial is an "OH @*#! I PULLED AGGRO" button. It is not a threat wipe. As far as PvP goes, I wait until I see a "Your target is dead" message, so this should have little/no effect, neh?
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

is it just me or does the new pala set give rather low amount of STR compared to what they drop?

example
    T5 pants now (41 SDMG / 27 INT)
    T5 pants after patch (39 STR)

kinda crappy job at rearranging stats they just dropped SDMG and int and gave low amounts of STR

(I don't play BETA but is does it add up?)

Quote Originally Posted by onime
    is it just me or does the new pala set give rather low amount of STR compared to what they drop?

example
    T5 pants now (41 SDMG / 27 INT)
    T5 pants after patch (39 STR)

kinda crappy job at rearranging stats they just dropped SDMG and int and gave low amounts of STR

(I don't play BETA but is does it add up?)
    As a pally tank I am a bit concerned about this as well. I am also interested what our main hand weapon should be now? Go with a fast spelldamage one, slow spelldamage one, or the same options with more strength and stamina(or maybe even defense)?