Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Naxx-10 Loot, Item changes, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iselian
    As far as PvP goes, I wait until I see a "Your target is dead" message, so this should have little/no effect, neh?
    spell interruption

15+ Year Old Account

Read clearly: " Any threat is restored versus enemies still in combat upon cancellation of this effect. "
    So, given situation:
    Dran Tank has 100k threat on Illidan, 0 threat per second (goes afk to make a sammich)
    Nelf Hunter crits a steady shot, pushes to 131k threat, uses the "real" feign death
    Human warlock crits a shadow bolt, pushes to 131k threat, uses human "feign death
    All other dps stops (assumed ending dots or no dots).
    Illidan stays on the tank.

Tank comes back from sammich-making, gets himself to 180k threat for good measure before dps resumes (assumed: Healers don't pull aggro). The hunter rises from FD, has ZERO threat ("threat wipe"). Warlock rises from human "FD" and has 131,000 threat restored.

Result: The new racial is an "OH @*#! I PULLED AGGRO" button. It is not a threat wipe. As far as PvP goes, I wait until I see a "Your target is dead" message, so this should have little/no effect, neh?
    I don't think that is quite right. If you ask me, it sounds like it's more like a mage's Iceblock. When a mage Iceblocks, they stop the pull of agro and goes to the next highest in threat. if the second person doesn't get higher then the mage's threat by the time the mage releases from their Iceblock, the mage will repull the mob/boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover
    I don't think that is quite right. If you ask me, it sounds like it's more like a mage's Iceblock. When a mage Iceblocks, they stop the pull of agro and goes to the next highest in threat. if the second person doesn't get higher then the mage's threat by the time the mage releases from their Iceblock, the mage will repull the mob/boss.
    You're saying the same I did. Note in my example where the human was at 131k threat, the warrior passed to 180k threat? If the warrior had still been making his sammich when the human took off the "FD" then he would have still had the threat, would still have pulled aggro. You've got the right idea, the point is that it eliminates 0 threat, it just puts the threat on hold for a bit and make no mob target the player. Well, it says it has a chance, so there's a resist factor in there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by fobbin
    spell interruption
    Quoted for truth! Didn't think about that, a fantastic point.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

15+ Year Old Account

Those patch note updates certainly aren't in touch with reality. Force of Will hasn't been in the discipline tree for a long time now

Also it doesn't even mention the (nerf) change to grace.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

OMFG, what have they done with Girdle of the Fearless!!! 23 hit for only 23 str?!?!?! Got it because of the good hit/exp/def/sta combo. It was a very good gear for my Hit needs (since tanking gear kinda lacks it).

And my Chestplate of Stoicism! The Girdle change is way worse, but still, I bough that for the huge Def Rating on it!!!

Common blizz, even 17 def for 34 str was a hell of a better deal than 23 hit for 23 str!

So, given situation:
    Dran Tank has 100k threat on Illidan, 0 threat per second (goes afk to make a sammich)
    Nelf Hunter crits a steady shot, pushes to 131k threat, uses the "real" feign death
    Human warlock crits a shadow bolt, pushes to 131k threat, uses human "feign death
    All other dps stops (assumed ending dots or no dots).
    Illidan stays on the tank.

Tank comes back from sammich-making, gets himself to 180k threat for good measure before dps resumes (assumed: Healers don't pull aggro). The hunter rises from FD, has ZERO threat ("threat wipe"). Warlock rises from human "FD" and has 131,000 threat restored.

Result: The new racial is an "OH @*#! I PULLED AGGRO" button. It is not a threat wipe. As far as PvP goes, I wait until I see a "Your target is dead" message, so this should have little/no effect, neh?
    So? Even a fade not a threat wipe is extremely useful for a racial.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

new pally gear - no intellect...?!
    i like dropping spell damage for strength but with no intellect off tanking is going to be reeeeeeallly painful >.<

Quote Originally Posted by stupid11
    Eh, my point is that it's not a horribly overpowered racial, ie a threat wipe on a 5 minute CD for any human classes.

Quote Originally Posted by subeno
    why did they remove any spelldamage from the protection paladin items? oO
    Threat will derive mostly from attack power now, with tankadin spell power coming from the "Touched By the Light" talent (deriving from stamina to get SP).
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Matti
    Your warrior will never be part of a raiding guild because he's not a tauren? Give me a break. As if every Horde guild has tauren warriors as main tanks. Not to mention Alliance guilds, I don't think those have many taurens either.
    I misread the whole scaling thingy so when wotlk hits you will be right.

Until then there is no reason for a guild to pick an UD over a tauren if in same gear, skill etc.
    80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 85

Deleted

Threat will derive mostly from attack power now, with tankadin spell power coming from the "Touched By the Light" talent (deriving from stamina to get SP).
    qft.
    nevertheless, paladins will still need mana for tanking, so I hope the new mana costs are balanced around the lack of intellect on pal tankin gear...

reading the official patch note i noticed on druid session :
    Focused Starlight (Balance): is now Nature's Majesty (Balance): Increases the critical strike chance of your Wrath, Starfire, Starfall, Nourish, and Healing Touch spells by 2/4/6%.

Means the talent is now a 3 point instead of the currently 2? COOL 2% extra crit *_*

Ps that info is missing on the talent calculator even

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Oh, you never know.
    Avg time on site ~4 minutes.
    That's not very long I think.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by stupid11
    but it isnt even a fade... afaik priests dont regain threat after unfading.
    nevertheless you are right, even though it is only useful for those "omg i overnuked the 20%hp target lets fd and hope its dead by then" situations, that already is pretty awesome for a racial and imo totally makes up for the loss of preception (even though 1 lvl of permanent increase in sd is awesome imo, I say I feel the increase e.g. my goggles have)

2nd, no one any thoughts on the protpal intellect issue?

could anyone explain to me, how the perception-change is a nerf? i'm not familiar with those stealth-levels, from my point of view it could be a buff being that it's gonna be a passive (auralike) racial....

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor
    afaik priests dont regain threat after unfading.

They do.
    The lower threat is only active while fade is active.
    When fade ends all the threat comes back as well.

Quote Originally Posted by uTn
    I misread the whole scaling thingy so when wotlk hits you will be right.

Until then there is no reason for a guild to pick an UD over a tauren if in same gear, skill etc.
    How often does it happen that a guild gets two extremely similar applications and has the freedom to pick one based on race?

I've never seen anyone being rejected because "your gear, experience and skill are top notch, but unfortunately we only except taurens".

Deleted

Feign Death for Humans... *sigh*

While it doesn't work as for hunters on boss fights, they can still make a horrible pull on ordinary mobs/trash, or at a wipe, and then FD to get out of a sticky situation without dying. Human mages just got a lot better with this. AoE-grind-pull going bad? Just FD, let the mobs reset and walk away like nothing ever happened and start over.

I really hope this change doesn't see live, even though I have a human mage as an alt. It's way overpowered for a racial.

It's only useful while levelling really and to a very limited extent in raids.
    In pvp you just use the macro you use for hunters anyway.

I don't see why people are crying about it, it's just something fun that is nowhere close to being overpowere din any way. And no levelling isn't hard and this change hardly has an impact on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matti
    How often does it happen that a guild gets two extremely similar applications and has the freedom to pick one based on race?

I've never seen anyone being rejected because "your gear, experience and skill are top notch, but unfortunately we only except taurens".
    Our guild's main tank and raid leader got rejected from a PUG to SL for not being a Tauren ("You need those 5% HP to tank SL"). It's a running joke/taunt in our guild. This on his hundredth or so run trying to get the trinket way back.

so why are NE's getting a 1% more chance than taurens to resist nature. and no one has said anything concerning shadow meld.

i love how bliz finally admits that a rogue with perception > rogue without perception in arena.
    but i still hear no talk about Shadow meld drinking.

personally i understand letting NE's become invisible. but allowing them to drink while invis!!??