Soloing old instances and raids with a Rogue

Could a rogue solo old instances and raids like a druid or a shaman or even a paladin?

Example: Onyxia Lair (if u were at level 80)

Re: Soloing old instances and raids with a Rogue

With the new AoE moves such as Fan of Knives and Murder Spree i would say it is possible. Though the main advantage of using a rogue to solo is that you can skip the majority of things and just boss fight. With enough armour and possibly resilence im sure it could solo some instances, i would have to say that it would need a dedicated person though :

At lvl 70, you can forget onyxia.
    She does too much fire damage to you.
    Not sure about 80.

BRD, scholo and stratholme are easy though.

(only the room in the back of scholo with phys immune mobs is tricky)

Since a rogue can solo all level 60 instances at level 70, I find it safe to assume that a rogue could solo level 70 instances at level 80. Heroics are another matter of course. I believe it would be something very epic level 80 rogues might be able to do - but only time will tell of course.

And I agree that the Fan of Knives will be a huge boost to solo'ing instances. Remember the hardest part in Stratholme? Definitely getting to Baron after the 50 undead mobs have been let loose.

Thinking of our good untouchable rogue (tanking Mother Sharaz & Co.)

That's shouldn't be a problem on non-magical bosses, maybe troubles on the respawn timer.

Quote Originally Posted by LilElgs
    With the new AoE moves such as Fan of Knives and Murder Spree i would say it is possible. Though the main advantage of using a rogue to solo is that you can skip the majority of things and just boss fight. With enough armour and possibly resilence im sure it could solo some instances, i would have to say that it would need a dedicated person though :
    lol @ armor. Stack that agility my friend.

Stack

that

Agility.

For Onyxia case,
    At lvl 70 with 150 FR i fully resist 1/4 of his fire spells and never take damage over 1k5/a fire spell.
    Easely duotable with Druid and Rogue at 70, it take about 20-30mins to down.
    I guess, and i hope, that it will be soloable at lvl 80 with the same amount of FR.

I need that achievement btw

Could be possible too for MC, ZG, AQ20 bosses
    Too bad there's no way to combine Unfair Advantage and Sinister Calling, could be awesome for soloing §

Quote Originally Posted by Levk
    For Onyxia case,
    At lvl 70 with 150 FR i fully resist 1/4 of his fire spells and never take damage over 1k5/a fire spell.
    Easely duotable with Druid and Rogue at 70, it take about 20-30mins to down.
    I guess, and i hope, that it will be soloable at lvl 80 with the same amount of FR.

I need that achievement btw

Could be possible too for MC, ZG, AQ20 bosses
    Too bad there's no way to combine Unfair Advantage and Sinister Calling, could be awesome for soloing §
    The drood doesn't need you, lol. He already solos ony

Wonder how agi stacking and that retaliation-equse talent would work for bosses...

Well the problem is that bosses isnt level 70 when your 80, neither will ony, she will still be 3 levels above you, so you will still need insane ammounts of agi (much like untouchable rogue dude has). Only that you would probobly need the same quality gear as he has just that its at level 80. So as a non healing class it can be hard... very hard :P

Quote Originally Posted by gibberish
    Well the problem is that bosses isnt level 70 when your 80, neither will ony, she will still be 3 levels above you, so you will still need insane ammounts of agi (much like untouchable rogue dude has). Only that you would probobly need the same quality gear as he has just that its at level 80. So as a non healing class it can be hard... very hard :P
    Not to mention bellowing roar and fire damage.

Soloing Onyxia is something that is done by classes that can heal themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Watt
    The drood doesn't need you, lol. He already solos ony
    The druid needed a hunter. :-\

@Lesane

Don't forget classes that can heal their pets . Hunters have already solo'd Onyxia on beta. No doubt warlocks will be able to as well.

Theres a new food that has a chance on hit heal, so I don't think it will be too terribly hard with some decent gear

At lvl 70 the highest instance I can solo (kill the bosses skipping most trash cause hey, I'm a rogue) is Ramparts.

I haven't tested the limits fully of what my lvl 78 counterpart on the beta server can do just yet but it's very hard to say considering mutilate is currently retardedly overpowered and will be beat with the nerf stick next push.

I will say this, rogues are still very instagibbable even when we are ridiculously high level vs the content. A few unlucky skipped dodges and you're dead as usual, we might as well be wearing wet paper.