Page 1 of 2
LastLast

tauren holding shamans back?

just wondering maybe the reason blizz is so adiment about giving us a stun is the tauren racial warstomp. if they gave us a stun then tauren would have to much interupts. maybe racials should just be deleted.

Re: tauren holding shamans back?

Yeah because they made sure for example tauren warriors don't have any other stuns....
    This user has been permanently banned because the moderator doesn't like warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by ishy
    Yeah because they made sure for example tauren warriors don't have any other stuns....

i guess what i really want to say is delete all racials, so that there can never be complaints about Wotf and other beeing op and winning arena matches.

Racials are a nice touch, i wished they gave more classes race specific ones, screw QQers, they make the game quantifiably more interesting.

We now have a snare, a knockback, a spell interrupt (that doubles as an aggro reducer in PVE), a spell interrupt that does a significant amount of damage, ghost wolf which (if you're enhancement) breaks all movement issues, spirit wolves that give a sprint-like ability, and the ghost wolves themselves have a stun.

Really, is this not enough yet? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewlz
    We now have a snare, a knockback, a spell interrupt (that doubles as an aggro reducer in PVE), a spell interrupt that does a significant amount of damage, ghost wolf which (if you're enhancement) breaks all movement issues, spirit wolves that give a sprint-like ability, and the ghost wolves themselves have a stun.

i have decided to not complain in anyway about beta changes and what not, i will watch everything unfold slowly but surely and once released decide if we have a reason to complain. hopefully beta testers will do a great job giving blizz good feedback about shammy's!!!

Eventually, all the QQers will force blizzard into making all classes identical in order to dam up the ocean of tears that PvP has become.

Waaait. Isn't ghost wolf only usable outdoors?

Offsubject, but yeah, I just remembered that.
    That kinda sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewlz

u are counting all abilities, including top talents as if all shaman got them...
    warlocks got aoe stun, castable while running, dot, which silences when dispelled, demonform, antiimunity spell, soul link and critting dots on top of fear, aoe fear and DC, CoT, demonic circle
    see what i did there?

also, 5y knockback on 45s CD for 51pointer? wut? snare? u mean frostshock? atleast we got back firenova talent for stun. also "interrupt that does a significant amount of damage" because mages cannot cast CS and immediately any of their instants without GCD, right?

im not saying new things are useless (well thunderstorm in its newest incarnation IS useless) but other classes got incredible stuff too, if they dont give any class needed ability dou to racial, then they failed horribly, its more like they simply dont want to make shaman better then any class, so they are keeping shaman bit behind them since tbc

I dont think it has anything to do with racials. Thats what diminishing returns came into play for. over stunning etc etc.

But the class definitely needs alot of work.

I feel all the pallys out there too, my brother plays one, and i see ALL his problems as a class in general.
    Do not underestimate us.

15+ Year Old Account

Saying you don't want racials is like saying you don't want any spells. You want a racial? Roll that race. You want a class-specific spell? Roll that class. Easy as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    u are counting all abilities, including top talents as if all shaman got them...
    warlocks got aoe stun, castable while running, dot, which silences when dispelled, demonform, antiimunity spell, soul link and critting dots on top of fear, aoe fear and DC, CoT, demonic circle
    see what i did there?
    wat the...are u(a hybrid) comparing urself to a PURE DPS class? seriously? FAIL

Quote Originally Posted by Arr0w
    wat the...are u(a hybrid) comparing urself to a PURE DPS class? seriously? FAIL
    wat the.. u didnt got that sarcasm? FAIL...
    im merely pointing out flaws of interúpretation of shaman power

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz
    im not saying new things are useless (well thunderstorm in its newest incarnation IS useless)
    why useless? The 20yrd to 5 yrd change was meant to be how high not how far the knockback went - it was an error that was pretty much immediately acknowledged by a blue

Quote Originally Posted by Tsakagi
    why useless? The 20yrd to 5 yrd change was meant to be how high not how far the knockback went - it was an error that was pretty much immediately acknowledged by a blue
    heres the thing... they wouldnt change tooltip, since tooltip has nothing to do with arc degree, they intentionaly changed it, tooltips do not change themselves, and in present incarnation it is useless, ofc if it will be back to 20yard is awesome ability, but i wont believe it until i see next build, where its fixed

do you suspect that it was an intended change (i.e. a nerf to the knockback distance) but the blue response was due to the high number of complaints about it?

if so then i agree with you......i will believe it when i see it - if it stay as it is now, with the 5yrd knockback then i think 50/21 and NS is the better choice for me!

not gonna comment on new shaman abilities coz wotlk talents are far from finished, but i think things look good for shaman.
    As for racials...i played Tauren enh for 3yrs through PvP, PvE'd to Kiljaeden etc and id take Tauren or Orc for enh...Orc AP Racial is nice (but useless in arena - stun resist is nice though), but Tauren melee range is imba for both pve and pvp...and Warstomp is nice for both too...interrupts in PvP, and as ur always stood next to a tank in PvE, it can be great for giving the tank a second or 2 to pick up mobs...fights like Morogrim, Vashj, Kaelthas, Muru, Felmyst, etc.
    Cow's pwn.

PS id go troll for ele and any really for resto.

The dead know only one thing; it is better to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwa
    not gonna comment on new shaman abilities coz wotlk talents are far from finished, but i think things look good for shaman.
    As for racials...i played Tauren enh for 3yrs through PvP, PvE'd to Kiljaeden etc and id take Tauren or Orc for enh...Orc AP Racial is nice (but useless in arena - stun resist is nice though), but Tauren melee range is imba for both pve and pvp...and Warstomp is nice for both too...interrupts in PvP, and as ur always stood next to a tank in PvE, it can be great for giving the tank a second or 2 to pick up mobs...fights like Morogrim, Vashj, Kaelthas, Muru, Felmyst, etc.
    Cow's pwn.

PS id go troll for ele and any really for resto.

i'd say draenei for resto, gift of narru getting buffed so an extra HoT is great.

Quote Originally Posted by wangjinrei

i'd say draenei for resto, gift of narru getting buffed so an extra HoT is great.
    i dont count alliance as shaman....theyre an offence against nature.

The dead know only one thing; it is better to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwa
    i dont count alliance as shaman....theyre an offence against nature.
    Kind of like your grammar is to the English language...

I do like however, how you only capitalize words related to WoW. Well, if you skip the "A" in As, and the PS.