Chimera Shot & Lock n Load?

im wondering if anyone knows if refreshing your sting with chimera shot can proc LnL or if its just on the initial sting? i think ive seen this mentioned on another thread but it never got a definitive answer.

Re: Chimera Shot & Lock n Load?

Another good question is if it does, can you fire off all your arcane shots and then still get your Chimera shot off again before your sting falls off the target.

I'm not sure how the shared CD works...
    After you fire Chimera, does it activate the 6 sec CD on arcane, or do you have to wait 10 sec before you fire either, and After you fire an arcane, do you only have to wait 6 sec till you can fire a Chimera or does it reset Chimera to 10 sec?

good question.

15+ Year Old Account

im assuming its gonna be just like the aimed shot arcane shot shared cooldown preBC. iirc, they had different cooldowns, and arcane would activate sooner, but shooting arcane would cause aimed to restart its cd.

so...if refreshing a sting with chimera procs LnL, you will be able to shoot arcane's, but after your 3 arcanes, you would have 10 sec's until u can use chimera again. this is just speculation as i have not been able to test this. someone who can and has should respond as well
    wyrd bið ful aræd

I think they should just make LnL for arcane shot/chimera shot/explosive shot since they are all on the same cooldown. It would make sense right?

explosive and arcane, maybe. chimera, i think there would be some serious complains about that from other classes(imagine 3 free no CD chimera on vipers)

ah... very true. Didn't even really think about PvP. lol scratch my idea then.

Quote Originally Posted by 5p00k13
    explosive and arcane, maybe. chimera, i think there would be some serious complains about that from other classes(imagine 3 free no CD chimera on vipers)
    The new Chimera doesn't do extra drain it just returns 60% to you as mana which if you have imp stings is like 2k so with 4 consecutive LnL you could go from 0 to full in like 4 sec. Not to mention that just the Serpent Sting portion of Chimera looks like it does more damage than arcane 4 of those in a row would be sick.

@ nannrz
    Hmm... I forgot they did change it to just returned mana, not extra drain and I think you're right with the extra dmg with chimera shot, I think it would do more than arcane shots.

At 3000 RAP, lvl 80, 15% bonus from Imp Arcane
    AS should do 1083 damage

At 3000 RAP, lvl 80, 30% bonus form Imp Stings
    Just the serpent portion of Chimera should do 941 damage
    seeing as at lvl 70 Auto hits for around ?500? i think it should be doing considerably more damage.

If you get the Glyph that increases the duration of Serpent it will do 1129

The following shot rotation assumes unlinked CDs, Glyph of Serpent Sting, and enough haste to bring Steady back down to a 1.5 sec cast.

0-------1.5------3------------9--------10.5-------16.5
    Serpent>Arcane>Steady x4>Arcane>Steady x4>Chimera
    Repeat

The only reason you would deviate from this is if you had lock an load... and then i don't know what you you would do.

The real question is that now that they've removed the dispelling effect from Arcane Shot, are they going to return its damage back up to where it was originally?

Draekon

lol fat chance
    they nerfed the damage before they gave it the dispel

Unless they have changed it from an earlier build a Chimera shot on a serpent stinged target was going the Sting Proc (40% of serpent) and the Weapon Damage (125% damage) Part to the target completely as nature damage so it doesn't suffer at all from armor reduction so it looks very promising
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

since it is a nature spell... I'm guessing the nature portion of chimera shot can be resisted?

Probably but remember your Hit rating also counnts for Spells as well now. This also applies for Rogues and there Poisons

I'm not sure what the 125% damage is going to look like but at 3000 ap with the serpent sting glyph the nature damage already outstrips arcane shot.

I'm a little confused. I know that the Nature part can crit, but does it crit separately from the 125% damage? Since Blizz uses one roll to determine Miss/Hit/Crit if it rolls separately for crit would it then also roll separately for hit?

15+ Year Old Account

resisting spell dmg has little to do with hit rating from the attacker, and more from the spell resists on the charcter being attacked.

sure our hit rating will make it so our stings will never miss now, but resists should still happen (unless hunters get some spell penetration...?!?)
    wyrd bið ful aræd

I see what you mean, maybe they could add that to piercing shots?

I do wish they would change the term used for a spell missing and a spell being resisted by magical resistance

Quote Originally Posted by Nannrz
    I'm a little confused. I know that the Nature part can crit, but does it crit separately from the 125% damage? Since Blizz uses one roll to determine Miss/Hit/Crit if it rolls separately for crit would it then also roll separately for hit?
    It was conclusively proved a while back by Cheeky et al. that Hunters ranged attacks use a 2-roll system.