Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Dungeon loot, Paladin changes, Blue posts

Divine Plea working like Blood rage is boring, even if it is more effective.

What Blizzard still don't seem to get is that paladin is boring. I really hope they address the Blessing of sacrifice issue. All the instant Holy Lights and Beacons in the world dont count for shit when you just get sheeped.

Oh, and
    "We'd like to do something else with Kings. I don't know that a core ability is the answer, but burying it deep in Prot, when Prot warriors would just as soon play with BoSanc, doesn't feel great either."
    "when Prot warriors would just as soon play with BoSanc, doesn't feel great either."
    "when Prot warriors would just as soon play with BoSanc"
    "Prot warriors"

>.>

Us balance druids have to put 3 points in tier 3 resto to get the same mana regen and don't get anything else from spirit, while we get 4 times the amount of spirit cloth wearers get more or less.
    Can anyone explain the logic to me?

Zainfear

I would love to hear more about dot scaling. Making 2 warlock dots crittable and buffing mind flay for shadowpriests is a nice start.

Now how about making EVERY damage-over-time effect and channeled effect in the game able to crit and scaling with haste.
    Please.

Then adjust (nerf) base damage and coefficients accordingly.

Dot&channeled spell scaling needs to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Lots more versatility choices in weapons though.
    Shamans don't have to worry much about their weapon choices either.
    I agree that it offers versatility, but I still don't see Blizzard going from 3 to 2 without doing the same to warriors. Also, you'd be increasing the worth of one talent without changing the amounts of points required.

Shamans aren't even relevant to this as they have no talents that push them toward one type of weapon (note that this excludes 1H vs 2H). Certain races may push you toward one way or another depending on your racials, but unless Blizzard makes a change, +5 expertise isn't going to be very potent (even though right now it's only ~.30% at 70) when you hit 80 (as all rating->percent conversions are pretty much doubling).

Did Violet Hold and Gun'drak tonight. Cynigosa (sp?) bugged out when she died. When she reached 0%, it was like...
    Cynigosa Yells:
    Cynigosa Yells:
    Cynigosa Yells:
    Cynigosa Yells:

Then she just faceplanted and wasn't lootable. The instance ended and the NPC's came in and said, "We can take it from here."
    But we didn't recieve any loot/achievement/quest completion. Buggy. I forgot to screenshot the 2nd boss Gundrak loot, but this is everything I did manage to screenshot:

Gun'drak boss #1:

Gun'drak final boss:

Violet Hold boss #1:

Violet Hold boss #2:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    Since my post count is rougly 10x yours I'll give you a big STFU because I'm obviously your superior

"All casters are going to need to take mana regeneration seriously again. For too long we let casters just stack +damage stats and fill themselves back up with shadow priests."

Even warlocks and their unlimited mana?

We will have on one side mages & shadow & co taking care mana regenaration with mana regen stats and gem, and on the other side, locks stacking only + dmg stats. Great news! :

No they improved the warlock armor spell. Now they have the best mana regen from spirit without any talents and also get spellpower from it, while they still have life tap. I really can't follow Blizzard's reasoning, they don't have mana issues so let's give them all the mana regen goodies the easiest way possible and add some nice damage as well.

Surrounds the caster with fel energy, increasing spell power by 180 plus additional spell power equal to 30% of your Spirit. In addition, allows 30% of your mana regeneration to continue while casting. Only one type of Armor spell can be active on the Warlock at any time. Lasts 30 min.

I love how now they want you to rely on spirit for regen.. did they revamp it so much that its worth while or are we gonna be able to cast 3 max rank spells and be oom and be totally fucked lol.

Zainfear

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    No they improved the warlock armor spell. Now they have the best mana regen from spirit without any talents and also get spellpower from it, while they still have life tap. I really can't follow Blizzard's reasoning, they don't have mana issues so let's give them all the mana regen goodies the easiest way possible and add some nice damage as well.

Surrounds the caster with fel energy, increasing spell power by 180 plus additional spell power equal to 30% of your Spirit. In addition, allows 30% of your mana regeneration to continue while casting. Only one type of Armor spell can be active on the Warlock at any time. Lasts 30 min.
    I believe that change was necessary to reduce the need to lifetap so often (and thus reduce the lock's dps), since some of the lock's main dps talents in TBC were heavily nerfed in WotLK (0/21/40 shadow destro huh?). Yes I am aware that firedestro is currently doing more dps than probably intended, but demo and affliction needed this change aswell.

Oh and since the healing component was switched to Demon armor, locks now get additional armor value on their pvp armor spell (which gets eaten by melee's armor penetration somewhat instantly) instead of spelldamage. The Fel Armor change definitely has its drawbacks for warlocks.

On a general note, despite the recent blue post quoted in this thread about mana conserving, the general direction in TBC and WotLK seems to have been that no dps class will run totally out of mana on a succesful bosskill. No extensive mana conserving effort is required as any mana dependant dps class especially if you have a mana battery in your group. In 3.0+ everyone in the raid will have a mana battery.

Edit to clarify: by 'extensive' I mean having for example well-timed breaks in dps to allow spirit regen (FSR+). I expect everyone, yes even warlocks, to use mana potions / mana gems / whatever mana regen skills/consumables are available to their class by default.

Zainfear

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Probably stating the obvious but...
    Nothing regarding the rogue trees.

I really wonder whether they're looking into the matter, or just waiting until all the rogue forums are filled with QQ about how horrible the combat tree design is currently in beta.
    I realize you rogues have your problems, but I'd like to remind you that you just got a BIG update just 3 days ago in the most recent build, and BIG posts concerning the changes before that.

Yet every day I check mmo-champion I see you, bbr, whining on the first page about the lack of rogue changes or how horrible they are. Relax man.
    Rogues are imho looking like one of the most polished and well-made classes. Because of that, the less polished classes are getting largely owned by you, according to the beta boards. So please, refrain from massive crying as it tends to irk those representing some other classes that get obliterated by yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Octopus
    I love the total lack of Holy Paladin news, since forever. It's obvious they think they are in a good place atm. And Metamorph is total trash and has no real utility other than being a cool idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    I think Beacon of Light is starting to feel pretty good. It may be a little OP right now, but I think we can get it in a good place. (I'm sorry, but I don't know if you have the version I'm talking about or not.)
    Maybe you should read more carefully next time before you mouth off complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcano
    Not another nerf on Vengeance why blizzard hate us so much
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    We'd like to get Vengeance back to 3 stacks, because that just feels more fun than 2. I can almost assure you that it won't be at 15% total damage -- that is hugely generous for 5 talent points, and would normally be budgeted at more like 15 talent points. If I had to guess, it will end up at something like 3 talent points for 1 / 2 / 3% that stacks up to 3 times (so 9% at 3 stacks). That is still over-inflated for 3 talent points. I understand that your dps used to depend on Vengeance. We'll just have to buff it in other ways. Death Knights will get the exact same treatment, whatever it ends up being.
    You even quoted this the first time. You didn't read it though. I have kindly bolded the part you failed to read.

yay, no beta premades for EU players...

We'd like to do something else with Kings. I don't know that a core ability is the answer, but burying it deep in Prot, when Prot warriors would just as soon play with BoSanc, doesn't feel great either.

What is it with these blizzard devs? Do we need to spell it out for them? Here's an idea that even a monkey can understand: TAKE KINGS OUT OF TALENT AND MAKE IT TRAINABLE.

Also on a side note: WTF is this nerf to vengenace? 9% wtf. I can understand the reason for it as its 5 talent points - 3% per talent point. So in this case its nine. But, the first time you nerffed it it was 5 points and the dmg was dropped to 10%. Only to be changed back to 15%. Keep it 15%. Want it 3 points fine, do it this way - 5%,10%,15%. There 3 points for 15%. At this rate we'll do less dmg then when the first nerf to vengence would of happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcano
    Not another nerf on Vengeance why blizzard hate us so much
    Wow, they gave the explanation for the change in pretty significant detail--essentially balancing its power for the talent point investment required. And they acknowledged that the difference dps it brought then vs. now will be replaced by something else. That's not hate, its called game balancing... qq more.

Quote Originally Posted by aikouka
    I agree that it offers versatility, but I still don't see Blizzard going from 3 to 2 without doing the same to warriors. Also, you'd be increasing the worth of one talent without changing the amounts of points required.

Shamans aren't even relevant to this as they have no talents that push them toward one type of weapon (note that this excludes 1H vs 2H). Certain races may push you toward one way or another depending on your racials, but unless Blizzard makes a change, +5 expertise isn't going to be very potent (even though right now it's only ~.30% at 70) when you hit 80 (as all rating->percent conversions are pretty much doubling).
    +5 Expertise is NOT +5 expertise rating, therefore, +5 expertise will be the same value at 70 as it is at 80. Which in terms of stat points makes it more valuable.

I'm excited to hear they're planning on streamlining prot and ret a bit, even if they don't put in new talents at all. As far as kings goes, it is a very tough decision, since BoSanct became amazingly hawt. We'll see what happens.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

Having two talented blessings in prot sucks in terms of what blizzard is going for with their whole redundant buff thing.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by tortugapir8
    Oh look, more updates for Druids, Warlocks, and Death Knights...

Rogue love? Mage love? Priest love? Are Shamans even in the game still?

Sigh.
    Apparently no one really follows the update pattern or what Blizzard themselves have said. Updates for classes happen in cycles, much like the original class reviews in the pre-BC days. They are looking at a small amount of classes, comparing them to others, and then trying to change them appropriately. If they feel at a later time that one of these classes is still lacking, they will make more changes.

Mages got A LOT of changes early on, they were one of the first major updates I remember reading about (but maybe thats bc I play mage). But anyway, I still see regular tweaking of the mage class, and we even just got a huge new spell (if it works right). Give them time, they can't publish changes for 10 classes every patch, or balance would be near impossible to reach.

Major changes followed by tweaking

15+ Year Old Account

In that case it seems druids "cycle" has been going on for a loooong time now, and since the ptr coming up soon (from what they said) something like priests will be last .
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.