Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If kings does not become trainable...

Why not just move it into Holy? I can easily make room for Kings in the Holy tree or even the beginning tiers of the Ret Tree since we are talenting into conviction and some Sheath of Light.

Re: If kings does not become trainable...

we've heard this too many times before. how about you wait till blizz decided what to do with it, especially when they have said they're working on it.

or post something more interesting next time.

Deleted

Moving Kings into Holy solves exactly nothing, as Holy Paladins will cast Wisdom.

With the reduction in blessings and Might not stacking with Battleshout, Kings needs to be trainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf
    Moving Kings into Holy solves exactly nothing, as Holy Paladins will cast Wisdom.
    Um..no

1 pally casts wisdom, there is more than one holy pally in raids.

Holy Pally A casts Wisdom

Holy Pally B casts Kings

Ret Pally C (or even Holy hybrid) casts might

Prot Pally D if applicable casts Sanctuary

This is a much better solution than the way it is now, and i'm saying in the event they don't make it trainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Merin
    With the reduction in blessings and Might not stacking with Battleshout, Kings needs to be trainable.
    doesnt change the fact that with glyph, 68 SP bonus is pretty nice, i guess all casters will want that, too, maybe even as 1st or second choice, depending what encounters will demand

heres a great idea... lets just make it the 31 point ret talent like it used to be prepall patch!

i mean after all, SO many people lived w/o it then... people can learn to live w/o it again :

not that it would change anything... my feral druid will still get wisdom from pallys while tanking... and salv on my hunter...

(i really hope its just my server that has no clue about blessings)

I'm thinking more along the lines of physical classes. You can already cover casters with Wisdom.

Move Kings to 11-point in Retri, Make SoC trainable (possibly replacing SoR as they did with Windfury & Rockbiter for Shamans), give protection a new defensive tool rather then a blessing.

There is not a single spec that doesn't benefit from the starting retri talents anyway, would make the "need" to spend 11 points for 1 buff less of a burden.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko
    Holy Pally B casts Kings
    This is where it goes wrong. Any healadin who knows their class' primary source of regen will go into retribution to get the extra 5% crit, making it nigh-impossible to get kings without some major sacrifices in Holy.

This means that only Protadins will spec into protection (go figure) beyond the second tier. That, combined with Sanct's new necessity on tanks, makes a mild dilemma.
    I stream many games! WoW, SC2, TF2, old SNES games and mods, and many more! Find my stream here! I also upload many of my stream VODs and many offline recordings (usually of SC2 casts) to my YouTube, found here!. Follow, subscribe, and thanks!

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by jdubya
    and salv on my hunter...

(i really hope its just my server that has no clue about blessings)
    Well for the reason that blessing of salvation no longer exists and hand of salvation is left as a situational spell i would find your entire arguement just gone out the window.

On the topic of the post of course, I dont see blessing of sanc being an option for the replacement for the kings talent as tanking wise it is worth alot more then the talent tier. However dropping some of the talents down and using that extra space in the higher tier might be the route blizzard may take if they wish to really make kings a trainable spell. Also the blue post from Grimclaw does suggest that 1-2 prot/retri talents are incomming so does this may mean a viable way inwhich to erase kings from the prot tree and make it a trainable spell.

unorthodox.. im not sure what the hell you're saying. you made no sense.

what the guy was saying is that people would give the wrong blessings in TBC and what he meant by salv on hunters is that it's not needed... they can feign death..

blessing of sanc is an AWESOME buff for tanking... 3% less damage and you gain rage when you block, parry and dodge... what more could you want. sure you don't get the extra health from kings but in a way that extra health is "passive" in the 3% damage reduction.

as for the talents they want to add in prot/ret... it would have nothing to do with Kings since they are planning to add these talents in the 40-50pt range and not the 10-15 range like kings.

its kinda stupid that they have a problem with making it trainable anyway
    its mainly a 2nd or 3rd choice blessing anyway

also I'd like to see any guild take 4 pallys in wrath
    unless they nerf chain heal down to only rank 1 for 2000 mana each, divine storm is pretty much useless for group utility, and every other ret buff is provided by other classes or other pallys
    unless they stay at stupidly high DPS which.. yeah, then I'd still see them being one of the 5 specs left out

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Just ignore me Lumidar. After raids i just babble on not even knowing what i am saying. Ill go make coffee and try read the post again

At least its not our top ret talent like it was back in the day! Mind you, if it was you certainly take a ret on raids!
    Statistically speaking, you are an average player. Learn to live with it.

Blizzard has mentioned they'll be doing something with it; only thing is we simply have to be patient for it. As a Holy paladin I'd kinda like to see it in the Holy tree so I won't have to spec into Protection, but that's just wishful thinking. It used to be way way down in the Retribution tree, then it moved up into Tier 3 of the Protection talents. Come Burning Crusade I talented in deep Holy and top tier Protection for Blessing of Kings as well as armor/shield enhancement to make me a more durable healer.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko
    Imp BoM = Imp BS

However

With the BoM glyph

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Glyph of Blessing of Might - Your Blessing of Might also grants offensive spell power equal to 10% of the attack power it grants.
    Imp BoM > Imp BS

Since it will add 68 SD

Granted you might not have it, but, this is one glyph I am personally considering.

Kings SHOULD be trainable but does not NEED to be. >>
    I think kings is fine in the protection tree, but if this changes, it shud be trainable, cant really see where it would fit in any other tree, and what would a tank be without being able to cast BoK?

And I like the change on BoM, i take it this means healers and casters will benifit from this now?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Xs
    its kinda stupid that they have a problem with making it trainable anyway
    its mainly a 2nd or 3rd choice blessing anyway
    wut??

For me, it's a first choice blessing, both on my survival hunter and on my holy priest.

First of all, it's the only blessing that scales with gear. For my hunter it buffs my agility a lot, which increases the Expose Weakness debuff. For my priest, it increases stamina, intellect and spirit, so I get more hp, a bigger mana pool, better mana regen and more +healing. When you compare blessings, BoW doesn't even come close to BoK.

I really hope they don't bury this talent somewhere deep in the prot or ret tree, as I wouldn't be able to count on it being there every raid.

I really think that BoK will be trainable now, since will be for most classes the 3rd desirable bless. what they could do its make something like imp BoK talented, as they already do with might and wisdom.

And any raid will have at least 1 ret pally = 1 extra bless, mana regen, great dps, great utility(BoP, cleanse, CC, DI, +3% crit, ret aura, etc)

We already have excelent dps in BC, im always bettwen 2nd - 7th place in dps in my guild, and we are in hyjal. So in Wotlk will be even greater.

I think most raids will run with 3 pallys (1 ret, 1 prot, 1 holy), so dont expect more than 3 blessing per raid group.
    And probably many others will run with only 2 pallys. (1 prot, and 1 holy / ret).

Quote Originally Posted by joopxiv
    wut??

For me, it's a first choice blessing, both on my survival hunter and on my holy priest.

First of all, it's the only blessing that scales with gear. For my hunter it buffs my agility a lot, which increases the Expose Weakness debuff. For my priest, it increases stamina, intellect and spirit, so I get more hp, a bigger mana pool, better mana regen and more +healing. When you compare blessings, BoW doesn't even come close to BoK.

I really hope they don't bury this talent somewhere deep in the prot or ret tree, as I wouldn't be able to count on it being there every raid.
    Sorry to post again, but you are also right. BoK scales so well with gear, improves mana pool, health, strenght, agility, everything.

For me is the 2nd best blessing. And I cant see this changing in wotlk.